Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

03g sedan console on the fritz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03g sedan console on the fritz?

Ok so the console has been busted for about a year now, heat stuck on etc no radio nothing works.

This morning, 14 degrees outside, start the car for warmup, BAM everything works, oh **** time to ramp up the heat lol. BUT no sound from the radio.

I heard some pops a few times and at lunch i hit the area where the factory amp is s fee times, got sound for maybe 10 seconds????

I get home, sitting in the car, heat blasting. Everything shuts off again... What the hell. I can only assume the cold has something to do with it?? But at this point im lost as hell as to whats going on?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by vizzual_blur
Ok so the console has been busted for about a year now, heat stuck on etc no radio nothing works.

This morning, 14 degrees outside, start the car for warmup, BAM everything works, oh **** time to ramp up the heat lol. BUT no sound from the radio.

I heard some pops a few times and at lunch i hit the area where the factory amp is s fee times, got sound for maybe 10 seconds????

I get home, sitting in the car, heat blasting. Everything shuts off again... What the hell. I can only assume the cold has something to do with it?? But at this point im lost as hell as to whats going on?
Could be just that the ribbon cable is loose or has bad connections. Give it a check before purchasing anything.

This thread here details how to check and clean up the ribbon cable: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...g-channel.html

if it's not that, replacing the radio is the best option, so you won't run into the same problem in the future.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:32 PM
That would be nice, if i unplug the unit and take it out, will my heat still come on since its stuck on auto? May do it after work one night but i need my heat for the morning lol

Old 01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by vizzual_blur
That would be nice, if i unplug the unit and take it out, will my heat still come on since its stuck on auto? May do it after work one night but i need my heat for the morning lol
Without the unit, I'm pretty sure the thing defaults to off.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks like a weekend project then. Thanks for the help man!

So the ribbon can screw up my hvac controls, radio, and when thats all working it can cause no sound? Sounds like alot for just a cable.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
not sure what it would be worth, but i have a factory amp, factory radio, and the factory front bezel stuff with the HVAC controls/buttons, its the silver color, everything works like it should when i removed it yesterday and installed a metra dash kit with a pioneer PRS80 headunit.

make me an offer on it all if you decide yours needs replaced.

matthew

Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 PM
BTW mines from a 04 sedan.