Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. OEM Satellite radio problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Yes. It does. Especially if a person is thinking about plugging into the factory harness on first and second gen. There are three choices. Only two of the choices will work for the early Gs; I don't know when (or if) the third [dual] choice might have become an option on the more recent cars.
The question was specifically related to an '04. For '04 (I know because I have one and installed my satellite receiver in Dec of '04) there were two "factory" choices - Sirius receiver or XM receiver from Clarion. At this point, I'm pretty sure that buying and installing either would allow one to hear the same SiriusXM content, regardless of which satellite it comes from.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
That's the only difference that matters. Does your FM radio pick up cellphone signals? It's just different frequencies, right?
I was assuming that the receivers could pick up the whole range, so my bad, but regardless, your second statement:

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Since they merged content, it shouldn't matter which you have now, provided you're in the satellite footprint for the receiver you have.
...is exactly what I was saying in my posts. The content is the same irrespective of satellite. So get either receiver. It makes no difference.