Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ordered Digital Wheelz 700TSV and AVIC-90DVD/Nav player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really, Bobs pictures look great?

Is it not bright enough?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Through the factory speaker system!! The sound from the DVD unit gets transferred to the factory unit via the PAC AAI-NIS unit. You select the DVD source from the factory system through the SAT Button: Simple as that! =)

see i use the SAT button for the XM radio. i was told that i would need to use a FM modulator. i guess i'll find out soon enough.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
yeh I got my stuff installed, all I can say right now is, PIECE OF ****ING ****!
i'd really like to know what happen or what's wrong. i'm installing the same set up soon.

Old 03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
yeh I got my stuff installed, all I can say right now is, PIECE OF ****ING ****!
My screen image looked very poor when I first turned it on. I found a connection problem that I fixed and then I was able to adjust the screen for a much clearer and cleaner image. Using the monitor remote; select MENU then try this as a starting point:
Brightness=50
Contrast=71
Color=65
Backlighting=99
If your image is still dim or was an off tint, as the whites are not white such as yellow, you most likely have a poor connection with the ribbon cable between the screen and the circuit board on either end of the cable. Or a bad connection from the Pioneer interface box to the monitor. If all this checks good, you may have a hardware problem with the screen or player. It should look as good as mine in the above picture.

Bob

Old 03-11-2005, 01:30 AM
The Picture Is Horrible!

are there any updates on your set up since you last posted? mine should be going in this weekend.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:07 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What up guys, sorry i've been outta town for a week now. I just got my navi fixed today everything works. Im having one problem though, when I insert the navigation disk its just says Its loading and nothing happens. Then when I press the eject button for a split second you can see the Navigation screen. Does anyone know why this is happending? My cd and dvd work fine, but the navigation CD just says Loading.. I've let it sit for about 15 minutes and still nothing.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:32 PM
MyG37 Administrator

nvm figured it out from Pioneer, had to hold the Audio button down for a few seconds, now it works perfect!! Going for a test drive now!

Old 03-13-2005, 12:16 AM
damn diamond, ur a rich person... just saw all ur cars... nice

Old 03-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey, nice setup. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing but looking for a Nav unit without the DVD player (trying to save money). Anyone have recommendations?

rs

Old 03-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Im having one problem though, when I insert the navigation disk its just says Its loading and nothing happens. Then when I press the eject button for a split second you can see the Navigation screen. Does anyone know why this is happending? My cd and dvd work fine, but the navigation CD just says Loading.. I've let it sit for about 15 minutes and still nothing.

i'm having the same problem but, his solution didn't work for me. are there any other options to get this thing working?

Old 03-14-2005, 01:27 PM
MyG37 Administrator

So does anyone have the Avic 90 with an updated map disk? My disk is from 2002, just wondered if the 04-05 disk was any better. I do notice problems with "shortest" routing since some streets are new. Can the disk be copied with a dvd-r? Would pioneer credit you towards a new version if you sent the old one in? Why is the picture so crappy with NAV and perfect with DVD's!?

Old 03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
So does anyone have the Avic 90 with an updated map disk? My disk is from 2002, just wondered if the 04-05 disk was any better. I do notice problems with "shortest" routing since some streets are new. Can the disk be copied with a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=dvd%20r" onmouseover="window.status='dvd-r'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dvd-r</a>? Would pioneer credit you towards a new version if you sent the old one in? Why is the picture so crappy with NAV and perfect with DVD's!?
Not sure about the disks...My avic-90 just came in the mail today and I havent had a chance to get it out of the box yet.....will do after work so I'll check if its 2002 or an updated version. What is it thats crappy with the picture...I did read on the DW site that the touchscreens are less bright than the regular model...something like an overall value of 300 nits for touchscreen vs. 500 nits for non-touch. Could that be it??

Old 03-14-2005, 04:12 PM
WickedG35 and I installed his navigation system over the weekend and his used AVIC-90 came with both the CNDV-20 disc and CNDV-40MT west disc. We could get the CNDV-20 to boot up but the CNDV-40MT would not, so we determined there must be some kind of upgrade procedure. Any ideas out there? As far as making a copy remember the disc is duel layer 8.5GB, so you will need a DL DVD burner. Also both his NAV and DVD image looked great on his DW 700v screen........
Bob

Last edited by G35bob; 03-14-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:46 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Well let me first say im pretty sure a DL Dvd Burner is pretty darn expensive and probably not worth it since a new CD would be ~$100 ( just guessing ).

I just got off the phone with Pioneer Parts. There is no updated CD for the Avic 90 since it is an older model. There is a new CD coming out in the next month or so, by June he thinks called the CNDV 40-R. There will be a West and East coast version, it will have all new updates and new features. Cound't get an exact price but he said it should be around $70-100.

Another heads up, the ribbon cable that comes with the screen is garbage and most likely will break on you. If it does, call Xenarc direct, they will send you a new one ( better quality ) for free. You will just have to pay shipping unless you can wait for ground.

My only complaint with the screen is, it doesn't look like the AVic N1 as far as being nice and clear. I've been told my a lot of people, including my installer and friends, that the screen is just not that great. I'll probably, not soon, find out what other kind of screen will fit perfectly in there and hope that will make a difference. I have the TSV and have not seen a regular screen to tell any difference. Maybe its the glare coating that im seeing bumps with??!? If that makes sense.

For those of you with the TSV, you'll need this http://digitalwheelz.com/DResizer.zip to resize your laptop. Anyone know how to put lyrics on a CD? I want the lyrics of a song to scroll while its playing. Is that possible?

Attached Thumbnails Ordered Digital Wheelz 700TSV and AVIC-90DVD/Nav player-dsc005312.jpg   Ordered Digital Wheelz 700TSV and AVIC-90DVD/Nav player-dsc005412.jpg  

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 03-14-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
do you tell xenarc that you got the screen from digitalwheelz or do you just tell them that you bought it from one of their affiliates or their website in order to get the ribbon?? i know some merchants void all warranties if you do something to their products.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered Digital Wheelz 700TSV and AVIC-90DVD/Nav player