Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

viper alarm is not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
viper alarm is not working

hey guys so i eneded up purchasing this refurbished viper alarm on amazon:
Amazon.com: Viper 4706v 2-Way LCD Remote Start System: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Viper 4706v 2-Way LCD Remote Start System: Cell Phones & Accessories

i took it down to my closest audio shop and the guy quoted me 200 for the install (not installing the remote start since i don't really need it ) which didn't sound too bad , when i came to pick it up the guy was all frustrated and said he was having a hard time and needed the manual (great) and could not get the actual alarm to go off or the horn to beep when locked or unlocked. So all he was able to get done was make the car lock/unlock and hooked up the aux to open the trunk.

I know i probably should have gone to a better shop but i was trying to support local business but seems like it bit me in the ***, is there something that our cars need such as special harness or anything? I have to take the car back so he can figure it out but he's trying to tell me that the "brain " is bad and i need to return it.

I really need some help if anyone can chime in!

Last edited by oskcazx; 03-20-2016 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by oskcazx
hey guys so i eneded up purchasing this refurbished viper alarm on amazon:
Amazon.com: Viper 4706v 2-Way LCD Remote Start System: Cell Phones & Accessories
Return it
... , when i came to pick it up the guy was all frustrated and said he was having a hard time and needed the manual (great) and could not get the actual alarm to go off or the horn to beep when locked or unlocked. So all he was able to get done was make the car lock/unlock and hooked up the aux to open the trunk.
"the guy" doesn't sound very professional to me

I know i probably should have gone to a better shop :
Yes!
When you buy cheap you usually end up buying twice with lots of hassle

is there something that our cars need such as special harness or anything? I have to take the car back so he can figure it out but he's trying to tell me that the "brain " is bad and i need to return it.
When you buy something refurbished it means someone returned it. Who knows what they did to it?

If you do not have the wiring diagram for your vehicle from the FSM the chances of a successful installation are slim to none especially by someone inexperienced on an Infiniti install.

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 03-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Did you buy an immobilizer bypass for it?

I'd return that and look at going with a Fortin Evo-One or Evo-NIST. Fortin is pretty awesome and they also offer t-harnesses on their products. Eliminates a lot of splicing you have to do on your own and there instructions are pretty spot-on.

I installed one in my wife's Subaru, so I wouldn't have to be her remote starter anymore in the winter. Took me a few hours and it was the first time I ever did anything like that. But, I'm pretty familiar with electronics and wiring diagrams. If you've installed head units, speakers, and you have the proper tools it's not too complicated.

I want to put one in my coupe, but it would be about 300 bucks just for the hardware. Labor I would do myself, but can't justify the price right now, since I have things that need to be fixed.

Make sure he doesn't use those scotch lock connectors either, I used Posi-Locks and Posi-Taps in my wife's install. Those things are slightly more expensive, but they are awesome!