Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infiniti G35x non-bose audio - adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35x non-bose audio - adapter

Hello.
My radio is not working at all - it does not find any station, cassette tape is rejecting a second after insterting a tape - even tho i hear music using a cassette adapter it only plays for 1 sec and sometimes not play at all, I tried few different ones. CD player is woking bot not as I want to, it all depends on my cars mood, usually it plays with really bad quality and I have to smack the radio cover to make it work fine, sometimes it requires lots of hits and sometimes just a touch a with a finger, usually only one side is playing. It also have humors about which side to hit, one time it works after hitting the left upper side and some other time a have to bang the left upper side. It only works when the engine is on, when its off the CD plays with a terrible quality.
I was thinking about changing the radio but it is pretty expensive and I dont want to risk. I read about the adaper which could do the job. Do you think it is going to work even if I got the issues with my radio?
I want something less than $120 (can be used), I want the steering wheel to work, aux is necessary, I would really like if I could play music through bluetooth, I do not have an iphone so the iphone connections are needless. What could you recommend?
Thanks

Old 07-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
I recommend you save up more than $120, and get a decent aftermarket radio. The factory radios to these cars were bad when they were new, and now that they're a decade old or more, they're raw garbage.

For about $200 you can get a trim kit, steering wheel adapter and the needed wiring harness, and add a $175 Pioneer AVH-280BT touchscreen radio w/bluetooth. Doing labor yourself, that's a replacement for about $400.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Thank you for your reply.
Thats the best option but its too expensive for me right now. I dont know how long will I keep the car.
Is there any aftermarket radio + all the necessary kit for under $200?
I am pretty sure that all elecrticity is messed up in my car and thats why there is no FM/AM radio connection.
What do you think about the plug&play adapters?

Old 07-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by magnum
Thank you for your reply.
Thats the best option but its too expensive for me right now. I dont know how long will I keep the car.
Is there any aftermarket radio + all the necessary kit for under $200?
I am pretty sure that all elecrticity is messed up in my car and thats why there is no FM/AM radio connection.
What do you think about the plug&play adapters?
You might be able to find a used metra trim in the private marketplace, and add a used radio from e bay for under $200, but seriously, if that's your budget, you're into the wrong car.

If your radio is barely functioning, adding an adapter that requires the radio to be functional isn't a good idea, and if you've got more electrical problems in the car, radio should be the last thing on your mind if putting out $200 is going to put you in financial stress.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:10 PM
I dont want to invest much in this car because I invested a lot after buying, and I am going to sell it to get a newer one soon anyway. So $200 is my maximum tight budget to get the radio working.
What is the cheapest way?
Will a Bose radio work with my car? Maybe I could to buy a used factory radio and see if it works.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I dont want to invest much in this car because I invested a lot after buying, and I am going to sell it to get a newer one soon anyway. So $200 is my maximum tight budget to get the radio working.
What is the cheapest way?
Will a Bose radio work with my car? Maybe I could to buy a used factory radio and see if it works.
$200 won't put an aftermarket radio in your car unless you get a good deal on a used trim kit and put a used radio in it. The steering wheel adapter, wiring harness and antenna adapter together come to about $75, so if you get a used $150+ trim/climate control kit for half retail, that leaves you with about $50 for a radio. Boss and Dual are the only "name" brands you're going to get new for that price, both of which are going to look worse than a failing factory headunit.

No, a bose radio won't work, they rely on an external amplifier.

Any used radio is as old as yours or older. If it's not failed already it is very likely to. If your goal is to just have a working radio to sell in the car, and you do find a working replacement, test that it works and remove it from the car so you can re-install it when you get rid of the car, otherwise you might be looking for another replacement by the time you sell it.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Just wondering, can I do the radio trim myself? Do I just have to cut out enough space to fit the aftermarket radio?
I am just afraid that I am going to buy the aftermarket radio and other necessary stuff and it would turn out that there is a wiring/electricity issue.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Just wondering, can I do the radio trim myself? Do I just have to cut out enough space to fit the aftermarket radio?
I am just afraid that I am going to buy the aftermarket radio and other necessary stuff and it would turn out that there is a wiring/electricity issue.
You'd still need to spend $150+ on the climate control board, but you can cut an opening.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...tock-face.html

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 07-15-2016 at 07:12 PM.