Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audio Out Level with the OEM Ipod adapter (or any other adapter for really)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Out Level with the OEM Ipod adapter (or any other adapter for really)

Hi guys. I installed the PAC-Audio ipod adaptor (uPAC-NIS1) over the weekend. It works but the volume out of the unit when playing the ipod is about 10 clicks lower then Radio, useless with the windows down. I sent an email to PAC and they say its a bad unit so send it back to the seller. I explained that it took hours to get my dash apart, get the wires ran and put back together. I did put the brain in a convenient spot and asked if I could just send them that to look at. They say no .

I am annoyed enough that I am just going to pitch the POS since who knows if that is just the way it is (unless someone else can confirm that it should be about the same). I am not about to go about taking it out and putting another one of the same back in to find that out.

So I wanted to ask if anyone with the OEM Ipod interface (999U7-IPOD) can confirm for me that I wont have the same problem with it. Could someone compare the audio level between FM and the Ipod to see if they are about the same?

What about some of the other options? Anyone with the USA Spec out there that could tell me how it compares?

Thanks for any help. I am really disappointed in PAC on how they are handling this.

Ernie

Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Can someone just tell me "Yes" that the audio is about the same level or "No" that the audio on the IPOD interface is much lower?

Thats all I need to know...

Thanks
Ernie

Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I have a different aftermarket ipod solution (iSimple PXAMG) and i have experienced the same volume level issues. I emailed them and they said its an issue on all Infiniti vehicles when using ipod adapters that use the factory XM inputs.

IIRC, there is no OEM solutions that work in our gen of G35 so we have to live with these aftermarket products.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Vandy, good to know about the PXMAG.

Actually, if you havent seen it, check out this link:

http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=521

It is an OEM Nissan part modded to work in the G's. I exchanged some IMs with xrateddg about it (thank for the info x) and he says there is no distinguishable difference in volume between the Radio and the Ipod on his install. So that is some good news.

Here is a video of the system in action:

I am probably going to ditch the PAC Audio unit and go with this in the near future. The annoying thing I put the PAC Audio AAI-NIS in a few years ago since they didnt have an IPOD device back then and it worked great as far as volume (it uses the XM input as well).

Ernie