Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Dynamat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Dynamat

anyone can give me a general cost to have the g35 coupe trunk done in dynamat?

Thanks

Old 01-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Don't. Dynamat is poor quality vibration dampener. Go with 25% coverage with a quality vibration dampener (https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...tiles%E2%84%A2) and you're good to go. It's super easy DIY, so just pick up 20 or so tiles and don't overdo it. Get some on the door skins too. Mine have lasted about 10years now in Hawaii, Georgia and Arizona heat.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Don't. Dynamat is poor quality vibration dampener. Go with 25% coverage with a quality vibration dampener (https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...tiles%E2%84%A2) and you're good to go. It's super easy DIY, so just pick up 20 or so tiles and don't overdo it. Get some on the door skins too. Mine have lasted about 10years now in Hawaii, Georgia and Arizona heat.

Thank you for the advice I just ordered 20 tiles for the trunk I’ll eventually do the doors too,

having them spaced out like that is more effective then covering the whole trunk?

Old 01-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Albanian122

Thank you for the advice I just ordered 20 tiles for the trunk I’ll eventually do the doors too,

having them spaced out like that is more effective then covering the whole trunk?
Vibration dampener doesn't need to be 100% coverage; there's a lot of information on the SDS site that is worth reading. You can add some closed cell foam and MLV later if you want later.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Vibration dampener doesn't need to be 100% coverage; there's a lot of information on the SDS site that is worth reading. You can add some closed cell foam and MLV later if you want later.

are there any recommended installers for SDS in the tri state

Old 01-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
the sds is super simple to install, just cut pieces of it and use it sparingly in the middle of a large flat panel that has the possibility of resonating. its not like dynamat where you want to cover the entire thing. just rip off the trim panels and start applying the squares. theres a lot of info on the sds site and its pretty good. i bought a bunch of mlv and did the whole shabang when i did my interior. get the foam, the mlv and the tiles and your car will sound like a coffin

but at the same time if you dont have the time and have the money and would rather go that route im sure any kind of audio installer will be able to help you out. its a very simple process

Old 01-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
the sds is super simple to install, just cut pieces of it and use it sparingly in the middle of a large flat panel that has the possibility of resonating. its not like dynamat where you want to cover the entire thing. just rip off the trim panels and start applying the squares. theres a lot of info on the sds site and its pretty good. i bought a bunch of mlv and did the whole shabang when i did my interior. get the foam, the mlv and the tiles and your car will sound like a coffin

but at the same time if you dont have the time and have the money and would rather go that route im sure any kind of audio installer will be able to help you out. its a very simple process
Learned something today!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (01-18-2019)