Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Sirius tuner question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bone stock G35, got everything but sirius radio. :(
Originally Posted by telcoman
When I had my 06 G35 with the Sirius Radio it displayed the song title and artist
It also displayed stock quotes when tuned to CNBC which XM radios do not.

Telcoman
Thanks man,
I always had the starmate type tuner deals before and never had an OEM radio for satellite but ASSUMED that it would also display song title & band and such like the portable tuners did.....
I am lost as to why everything here works properly EXCEPT the song title display. I have talked to Sirius also and they don't have a clue either.

I would think there wouldn't be a difference between the music and the text picked up in the signal by the antenna unless they are 2 different type of signals sent by the satellite and the antenna is faulty and only picking up half the signal or the tuner is faulty and only decoding half the signal,
Maybe there is someone on here who knows more about radio signals or satellite signals and how info is sent & received, a ham operator maybe?

The ONLY thing I could think of to try is buy another tuner & antenna and try them......Since I do get the music fine I am not ready to spend considerable money to just get the song title display working. If I could get it working with the hardware I have then OK but I'm not ready to spend more money.
So, unless someone has an idea using my existing hardware then I guess this topic is dead. Thank you everyone who helped with this.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Just wondering if the OP is still having this issue? I ended up buying scumbag's Sirius module and Y-adapter which I installed this weekend. If I hit the RPT button the display cycles through the channel number and song title (possibly artist name as well).

Old 05-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Should press the round DISP button to cycle channel name, artist, track title, or title off.

I have an XM unit, doubt it makes a difference. My car came with a Sirius unit but that failed at some point a few years ago.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Press and hold the display button and it'll always say what you ask it to thankfully. My iPhone interface always says the song.