G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sirius tuner question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sirius tuner question....

I've been doing a great deal of searching on various boards and have found a wealth of information on adding the sirius tuner but can't seem to find a clear-cut answer regarding which one to order or if I need an additional harness or not. I'm hoping someone here will have installed the tuner and can set me straight..

First, where to buy.. I know EverythingG35 is a popular source on this board, but
I've found a lower price here: http://www.grubbsperformance.com/servlet/Detail?no=2905

The only difference is that the Grubbs unit doesn't include an antenna, but I have three extra ones from old installs that I can use. Is there any other reason to pay the extra $90 to buy from EverythingG35??

Now, about the install.. All of the tutorials I've seen have been on cars that are not like mine. Usually a different year ('08 while I have an '07) and with a different audio system (Navi or Bose while I have the standard 6-disc non-bose unit).

Will I need an additional harness if I have the standard in-dash 6-disk changer, non-navi unit?

I think that's it. I'm confident that I can do the install I just want to make sure I buy the correct part(s) to avoid frustration

Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe you can get the XM package that includes "best of sirius"?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't have an XM tuner either so I might as well buy the tuner that works with the service I already have.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
quick question, have you called grubbs yet? it says OEM satellite tuner, but wouldn't that be an XM tuner? i don't think nissan offered sirius as an OEM option.

you might be better off getting a dash mountable sirius unit and piping it into the aux jacks in your console if you're that set on using a sirius subscription.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Infiniti only offered XM as an option, however our radios use the standard nissan N-Bus for accessories (like sat radio, IPod integration and CD Changers). Nissan offers a Sirius tuner that integrates into our system. I've seen numerous installations but always on cars slightly different than mine. I think I'm just going to give them a call as you suggest and see what they say. I was just hoping to get a first-hand account from someone who's done the install rather than blindly trust what the dealer says.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
yeah i hear you. it's nice to get it from people who have done it. i would imagine the installation should be quite similar even if it's a maxima, altima, an M35/45 or whatever. let us know how it works out!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Not entirely true. i have an 07 G35X - came with Sirius Radio - 3 month trial. I have XM in our Honda CRV. I'd Love to apply that to Infiniti. Even with the merger, XM tells me that I need to have an XM receiver. Does anyone know or have experience with interchanging the systems. I haven't pursued this for a few months. Maybe its changed now??

Trending Topics

Old 05-28-2009, 09:50 PM
if you follow the link in my first post you can select either the sirius or XM tuner. They both install the exact same way.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by armstrom
Infiniti only offered XM as an option, however our radios use the standard nissan N-Bus for accessories (like sat radio, IPod integration and CD Changers). Nissan offers a Sirius tuner that integrates into our system. I've seen numerous installations but always on cars slightly different than mine. I think I'm just going to give them a call as you suggest and see what they say. I was just hoping to get a first-hand account from someone who's done the install rather than blindly trust what the dealer says.
I have installed the OEM unit from Grubbs. I used an antenna from one of the free radios Sirius sent me to keep me as a customer. I have the BOSE SOW premium sound without navi. It was really easy to install the receiver. And yes both receivers (XM or Sirius) work in our cars (2007). Also seeing that we have in-dash 6 disk CD changers not trunk mounted changers, the instillation of the receiver in the trunk will not interfere with your cds. It will give you a new option on the radio button when you hook it up.

Last edited by Solid71; 05-31-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I can attest to the sirius tuner from Nissan working in a 2006 sedan. 999U9-NV004 is the model, which is the older dual input tuners. I also used a newer mangetic single lead antenna. In order to make the connection I first had to buy a splitter, which was hard to find, but I got it on ebay. And to make the newer antenna fit into the receptacle of the splitter, which is meant for the older antennas, I had to cut off the plastic connector on the splitter and only leave the metal SMB plug exposed. Works perfectly.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I just wanted to follow-up with this. I went ahead and bought the tuner from Grubbs and it worked perfectly in my 07 Journey Sedan with the standard (non-bose, non-navi) 6-disc changer HU. The install was quite easy since the required connector was nicely taped up waiting for me to use it My standard sirius antenna (from my previous radio) plugged right in as well without any sort of adapter.

The guys at Grubbs were a pleasure to work with and answered all my questions prior to my placing the order. The day after finishing up the install I left on a 1400+ mile road trip and having sirius made all the difference

Old 06-13-2009, 09:25 AM
armstrom: so what I gather, I can only use the exisitng Sirius Tuner installed in My G - ask Sirius about co-mingling my account with my exsiting account with XM with a some sort of package discount? Have the Sirius radio tuner re-activated and go from there. Anyone have experience doing something like this? Thanks

Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I was able to get 75 for a yr of service from sirius. I have a friend with xm that did the same. Call and ask for the retention department.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Sirius and XM have some stations that they share. From what I can gather, you must upgrade your service to get specific channels (Howard, etc). I have had both XM and Sirius and prefer XM.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
and now all you need is an IPhone to get Sirius or xm. Man I love this Phone