Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Isn't it kinda ghetto to pull out the screen (Digital Wheelz)? Can you motorize it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Will be buying your screen for 05 PLEASE PLEASE do not stop making screen

Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Is there a way to add the stock navi screen and all that is around it without adding the nav itself? Just the screen and then you could hook up a dvd player or whatever.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 AM
If you need gadgets to impress your date then you have bigger problems than this my friend

Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 AM
mrb
If you want to have it your way, there is always Burger King!

I think the DW solution is pimp! For almost 1/2 the price of the factory Nav, you get Nav and DVD. If you want something with a motor, as others have said, pony up the $ and get it done. For what he created, it's a damn nice solution. I think girls think the car is hot with or without Nav, premium, or any of the other stuff, it's a nice car they like to ride in! Don't deter him for making it for the '05 model, please!

Old 03-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Alas...we all wish we had a powered screen like the 05's so everyone stop dissin' my bro Omar...Digital wheels has a great product but you gotta admit the mechanism is a little ridicules...I almost purchased one too. check my setup out. www.nairod.com/g35mods

Old 03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alas...we all wish we could have an install shop spend 8 hours to custom install a headunit in our car, but you gotta admit dropping that kind of money to have someone else cut up your g35 is a little ridiculous.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I think the DW screen is prob. one of the best and unique mods for audio/video available for our G. Hopefully when I finally order one (very soon ) they will still have some left over

Old 03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by god_of_cpu
Alas...we all wish we could have an install shop spend 8 hours to custom install a headunit in our car, but you gotta admit dropping that kind of money to have someone else cut up your g35 is a little ridiculous.
Well actually I have a confession to make....

Originally Posted by MorenoEnNYC
[QUOTE=gunmetalg35]just wondering who did the install....I am in queens, just wanted to know the price range.

I actually did the install myself...all aspects of it. On my page (www.nairod.com/g35mods) I gave credit to Precision Installation in Valley Stream only because I know the owner and they let me use their shop and was there the whole way while I did my install, they also gave me a lot of advice and tips...not to mention they've worked on $300.000 whips so they know what the hell they're doing. I knew other g35driver members would want me to assist and did not want to let anyone down by telling them I don't have the time to assist them with their install...I'm actually not an installer just very handy. You're located in Queens I can probably walk you through the install so that you can do it yourself and save tons of cash.

That PM was sent to a member a couple of weeks ago.

In addition no part of my dash was cut Anyone here on G35Driver can do this install...You Do Not Have To Cut Into Your AC/Heating Ducts Located Behind The Stereo/AC Controls. Not to mention the wow factor you get when you start your car and your passengers see this hi-tech motorized thinga-ma-Jig pop out of your dash and the reverse when you shut your car off.

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-29-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Again not bashing anyone...those guys over at Digital Wheelz are phukin' geniuses with thinking ahead of most just click on a couple of those links included with their signature and you'll see what I mean. I just wanted to show fellow G owners that it is possible to stuff a bag azz pioneer unit inside their cubby without cutting.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure you had only good intentions in mind and I think what you've been able to accomplish with your own install is amazing and a great solution for many people regardless of who installs it and I don't think you need to call my work ridiculous for people to see that. Based on the e-mails I recieve theres certainly no shortage of people who think motorized is the only way to go, but its just not something that I can provide with everything else that I try to offer.

Old 05-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Xenarc 700IDT

Has anyone tried installed the Xenarc 700IDT 7" IN-DASH LCD Monitor w/ VGA & Touch Screen in the Cubby. We know it was successful installing the Pioneer AVH-6600. In comparison has anyone compared the specs of the two to see if they are of the same SIZE and if so does anyone have a DIY that they can post for all of us here?

Thank you,
Jokester

Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Better yet, how about this MTS12000 Fully Motorized VGA Touchscreen The depth is what worries me: 7.5".

MorenoEnNYC, I read from one of your post that you acutally took out the CD changer but left the tape deck in order for the climate controller to work. How did you do that? Do you take apart the entire CD/Tape deck and disassemable the cd-changer part from it? Got any pic to show us? Will you be able to still use the radio and or SAT-input for PAC audio in afterward?

Thanks