Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 03:01 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000 (pics)

This piece of equipment has brought my system to life. It's bascially a equalizer like the AudioControl EQS(T), but its an in-dash mount with a built in line-driver. It cost me $90 from a local dealer. It has helped me "gain" control over the screeching highs and add the midbass I wanted (plus Sub control). I wanted to go the AudioControl route, but decided to get this so that I could mount it in the cabin of my car. I'm still deciding where to place it (maybe inside the center console). But in the meantime I'll be enjoying great-sounding tunes. I couldn't find the item on ebay, but the updated version the "21010" is listed at $140.

BTW
(I need to update my signature)

I'm running 2 Memphis amps (4channel 75x4 and a D-ClassMono)

Boston Acoustics SL60 components
Boston Acoustics SL65 coaxial
JL Audio 10 w3 in 4080 Enclosure
Eclipse 21000 EQ/Line Driver
Navone LOC

One Bulk Case of Extreme Dynamat
One Extreme Dynamat Trunk Kit
(AND I STILL HAVE F-ING RATTLES!!!)

**I've retired my US amp (too power hungry)**

Last edited by shadyg; 03-27-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:20 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do you have any pictures???? how was this installed? DIY or the dealer?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
pictures

1st

Shooter I did all the installs on my car. Working under the cover of darkness (after work).

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0815-copy.jpg  

Last edited by shadyg; 03-27-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
2nd

pic

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0831-copy.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 07:39 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
3rd

pic

I made an Ipod Mount using some epoxy, a black metal, a Belkin Ipod Mount (less the cupholder portion) and the ash tray insert. I figure is a quick and easy way to accomplish what I wanted to do. Also, it can easily be reverted back to stock with the purchase a new ashtray insert.

The lighting was very bad for the pictures.

Right now I have the Eclipse EQ on the backseat, because I am trying to decide the best place to mount it.

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0817-copy.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0816-copy.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0829-copy.jpg  

Last edited by shadyg; 03-27-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
more

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0818-copy.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0830-copy.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-img_0824-copy.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Fix Those Annoying Bass Rattles

Originally Posted by shadyg
pic
for some reason i can't post multiple pics at one time.
Nice install...I dynamatted my entire trunk and still had rattle. One day I decide to find the culprit and I did...first you have to go to your local Home Depot and purchase a can of "Great Stuff" foam insulation make sure you get the blue can for windows. Next you'll remove all trunk mats and grey liners along the back and sides of your trunk to expose sheet metal...remove the black plastic piece that surrounds the trunk latch. Now on the trunk lid: remove the grey carpet piece to expose sheet metal. Now get your Great Stuff and spray anywhere you can get the long nozzle to fit...ideally you want to get in-between areas where metal meet metal. Spray inside the area where the rear lights are (there is lot's of gaps where metal will vibrate and resonate) make sure not to spray over the 3 bolts that hold the rear lights. Bumper: spray behind the bumper...the goal here is to fill in the area where the plastic bumper cover meets the metal bumper structure.

This worked for me and was able to get 95% satifaction

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-27-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:34 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is a few pics of what i did to my car.........i used the spray foam as well (MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT USE THE EXPANDING TYPE OF FOAM, YOU WILL DEFORM THE PANELS) see the trunk lid? completely filled with spray foam (still need to exercise common sense and not overfill the cavities, go slow) and a couple of small pieces of dynamat on the flat panels........i also used attic insulation in the LARGE cavities between the outer body panels and inner compartment panels, but of course i first put large pieces of dynamat on the inside of the outer body panels, reaching inside those cavities as far as i could reach...also spray glued carpet underlayment on the back side of all inside panels, in the trunk and under the back seat.

a lot of work went into this....took about 5 days (did it over thanksgiving holiday........)

BUT.....I reduced the road noise 4-7 db measured with a spl meter (depending on the road).......before sound deadening 72-74 db........after 67-68 db, well worth it for a quiet ride

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-dsc01547.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-dsc01535.jpg   Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-dsc01550.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by shooter
here is a few pics of what i did to my car.........i used the spray foam as well (MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT USE THE EXPANDING TYPE OF FOAM, YOU WILL DEFORM THE PANELS) see the trunk lid? completely filled with spray foam (still need to exercise common sense and not overfill the cavities, go slow) and a couple of small pieces of dynamat on the flat panels........i also used attic insulation in the LARGE cavities between the outer body panels and inner compartment panels, but of course i first put large pieces of dynamat on the inside of the outer body panels, reaching inside those cavities as far as i could reach...also spray glued carpet underlayment on the back side of all inside panels, in the trunk and under the back seat.

a lot of work went into this....took about 5 days (did it over thanksgiving holiday........)

BUT.....I reduced the road noise 4-7 db measured with a spl meter (depending on the road).......before sound deadening 72-74 db........after 67-68 db, well worth it for a quiet ride
LOL Niiiiice! Now one thing you have to do...there are two adjustable button type snaps on th trunk lid...if you lift the trunk lid you'll see them to the left and right of the locking mechanism...you need to lower these so that the trunk lid will not rattle and move...I hope I'm explaining this corrctly....I'll submit pics to show you

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-27-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by shooter

See red arrows

Attached Thumbnails Finally Sound Bliss: Eclipse 21000-tabs.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 09:27 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
Thanks Shooter & MorenoEnNYC for the advice. My Coupe is gonna weigh an extra ton (and take an extra second to reach 60 mph), after I get done sound insulating.

I going to give that spray foam a try. Besides I am done Dynamating for a while. My hands, despite the use of gloves, have taken a beating. That stuff is razor sharp.

I'm disappointed with the limited amount of sound deadening material, that Nissan used at the factory. They missed a ton of spots.

Last edited by shadyg; 03-27-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by shadyg
Thanks Shooter & MorenoEnNYC for the advice. My Coupe is gonna weigh an extra ton (and take an extra second to reach 60 mph), after I get done sound insulating.

I going to give that spray foam a try. Besides I am done Dynamating for a while. My hands, despite the use of gloves, have taken a beating. That stuff is razor sharp.

I'm disappointed with the limited amount of sound deadening material, that Nissan used at the factory. They missed a ton of spots.
That is why you do the performance mods to catch it back up