Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

My own iPOD Install on 6MT Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My own iPOD Install on 6MT Coupe

I'm posting this to give other 6MT owners an idea of what other options are available.

Before i bought my iPOD PHOTO 30GB last week, i was SEARCHING the forums to see how people had them mounted/installed on their G's.

I've seen the www.g35ipod.com website. But i drive 6MT and the center console is setup differently vs an 5AT.

After desperately looking for a ready-made solution, i took matters into my own hands and came up with an idea.

I bought a FLEXDOCK (see www.tentechnology.com)
You will notice this is for the iPOD Mini.
I figured they use the same baseport, and decided to shave off the support pieces (meant for the mini) and fabricated my own support pieces for the full size iPOD.

Even though it's temporary, I'm very pleased with the outcome. It's relatively clean, allows for me to view the iPOD screen without taking my eyes too far from the road. The iPOD is charged while it outputs great sound.

It's only temporary because i plan on getting the PAC-AUDIO unit and hooking it up to the SAT input on the BOSE. As of right now, it's going thru the tape-deck. To be honest, the sound is pretty damn good going thru the tape-deck itself. If i wasn't such a wire-hater, i could just leave it this way.

But then again, i DO hate wires. Wires... bad... very bad.

I may decide on putting the FLEXDOCK, or "MEECHIN-DOCK" on the other side. Because people riding in the passenger seat my wanna jog thru the IPOD. But then again, i may just keep it on my side. (Being the self-centered pr!ck i am)

While driving, there is minimal movement on the part of the dock or iPOD. Those that know me, know that i have a lead foot and i am one AGGRESSIVE driver. So far, it's holding. Not fallen off, not shifted to the side, very sturdy.

Oh and also, i went with a remote to control the jogging between songs because i'm such a lazy-***. Don't wanna reach over to the iPOD. I went with the NaviPOD Pro remote.

Maybe someone can contribute an idea or make this a better one by adding something?

Thanks for lookin/readin...
Dru

Last edited by MEECHIN; 05-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice setup Dru, cant wait to see it in person!