Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Infinity 2005 Kappa 60.7cs setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity 2005 Kappa 60.7cs setup

Has anyone tried these in the coupe bose setup? They are a 2Ohm, 95dB response component set that looks almost as though it was designed for the coupe! The tweets come with a mounting kit to allow putting in the sail panel, they are low resistance to keep what little bit of power the Bose amp puts out etc etc.. and cheap ... ebay $160 or so for a set.

I am thinking tat these for the doors, the 62.7cs for the rears (62 is a coax, versus 60 which is component), disco the rear deck for now and throw in a cheap sub in the trunk.

My volume SHOULD stay the same because of the 2ohm impedence and sound quality should improved at least three fold. Any thoughts?

I am very inexperienced with the cheap gear (not to sound snooty or crass... sorry in advance). I've done high end installs with focal and a/d/s grade gear in my former cars. Those sorts of installs allowed one to select impedence and amps and match the components properly. But this time around, the budget doesn't exist (for now ) and any sound improvement is desperately needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Peet

Old 06-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Hi,
I'm planning on getting myself the same speaks for my 05 G. I'm a huge fan of Inf speak. Very good setup, they will sound great I'm sure.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
It should sound fine, but my experience with kappa speakers (had them in my last car and just put them in my coupe) is that they love high power. If you hook them up and they don't sound great right away, give them about a week at a semi-gentle volume and they will break right in. A lot of people are forgoing the 6x9s on the rear deck and I disagree with that theory. I have the 693.5 Kappas on my rear deck and the Perfect 6.1s in the front, and had to go with a pair of polk DB65s in the rear side panels because of the mounting depth. I also have 2 Perfect 12.1s in the trunk temporarily in a box (until I get my fiberglass done). All powered off of 2 A4125HCQ Audiobahn amps. The system screams so beautifully. Like the both of you I have been a huge infinity fan and have been since I bought my first home theatre speakers 12 years ago, and just like the Kappa line, my HT speakers had the Emitr tweeter and when I saw the emitr for the car, I was excited. Check around ebay, def the best prices there, just remember that they are not authorized dealers and Infinity will not honor a warranty claim for speakers not bought from an authorized dealer.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
thanks for the heads up. I feel better about the purchase now. The volume I'm not too concerned about because these new speaks are 2 ohm so the volume should be better than the older 4 ohms.

I've been a fan of Infiniti for about 30 years now... I have a set of bookshelf speaks with Emits in them... one new years party they were blown and that was a sad day, but I found a company that replaced them

P

Old 06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
have you got these installed yet? Would love to get the details on how they sound.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 PM
They're scheduled to arrive tomorrow... can't wait to tear it all apart! Will post pix and info soon.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know how this setup will sound with the stock Blose amp? I am looking at Infinity Kappa 60.7cs in front, 62.7i in the back and 693.7i on the deck with an Infinity basslink in the trunk. I want to keep the stock head unit and amp if at all possible. I am trying to stay on a limited budget as I went way overboard in my truck.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:24 PM
That's the setup i'm thinking about. I'm just starting with the fronts to see how they sound with the bose amp. If all good then just like you with the rests, and possible some bass reinforcement from a 4050 or infinity bass link (I'm going cheap route for now).

P

Old 06-10-2005, 05:28 PM
whoops make that 4080

Old 06-11-2005, 12:46 PM
i tried to run my Kappa perfect cs on the stock amp and it sounded like crud. I kept the stock head though and now with my JL amp I'm more than happy with the volume and the overall performance (need a lil more midbass though...)

Old 06-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Ghost, these are new for 2005 speaker lines.. they are 2ohm impedence and seem perfectly matched to replace the bose junk in the car. Yours were high power-liking, 4ohm or better desgins, probably why they wanted that amp.

CHeers

Old 06-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I think that the 2 ohm impedance should keep them from requiring a large amp to run. The Bose speakers are 2 ohm also. I should have all 3 sets of Infinity's and my Basslink by Friday (yeah I already bought them) so I'll be putting them in next Saturday.I will let you know how they sound and fit. I really wasn't going to do this to the G but I guess it is too late now.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Well the speaks are in. I took my time and did a full dynamat xtreme on the doors and installed the new mid and tweeter. The sound is night and day. Still nowhere near my old Dynaudio and a/d/s system, but it's definitely worth the $200 or so in parts and your time. Easy install too - Infinity gives you everything you need. Even a little 'spider' mount for putting the tweeter into factory locations - slick.

Back to the sound... the stage basically moved up about 18 inches and now there's headroom. The sound is still goofy because there is no proper EQ and the system will not play right without a sub (too much bass mud through the regular drivers). I'm going to do a sub next month (still undecided on building my own versus 4080 (man that price is crazy). Once that goes in and I can dial bass down on the main speaks it'll be great.

I have pix showing speakers in comparison to blose as well as steps during the install, but this site doesn't have facilities for pic attach or hosting so if you want 'em pm your email address and I'll send some.

Cheers.
Peet

Old 06-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Derz... plan on getting some dynamat (or something. The adapter rings leave a moon shaped gap in the hole. Infiniti in their infinite wisdom (yuck yuck) made the stupid hole oval! So the circular ring has a small gap. That's why I started with the dynamat -- and ultimately decided to keep going.

PM your address and I'll send you a photo of what I mean.

P

Old 06-16-2005, 02:29 PM
i tried to find info on the new ones anyone have a link?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infinity 2005 Kappa 60.7cs setup