Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

automatic window up/dn viper wiring schematic question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Man, well i got a new remote for my alarm today and it seems that the wire that i removed was actually for the door looks to work with the alarm. so the post i wrote last time regarding the up down of the wiondows was actually for the Door locks im assuming because when i press the arm/unarm buttons on the remote, it only does just that and not lock or unlock the doors. so my question is: WHERE DO I SOLDER THAT WIRE COMING FROM THE ALARM THATS GOING INTO THE DRIVER DOOR SO THAT MY LOCK/UNLOCK MODE WORKS? I'M ASSUMING THATS WHAT THAT WIRE WAS FOR AND NOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE 2 SOLDERING POINTS ARE. CAN YOU HELP?

the old post is below but remember that the wire (i assume) goes to activate the door locks and not the windows. please help. thanks RX

{{{{So i take my car to the dealer but it has the wiring going into the driver side controls (one wire with 2 leads soldered on to the board) and they said i would need to undo it before they can service my motor because of problems in which the passanger side wasnt always working properly, so anyway, went home took the switch apart and undid the Viper aftermarket wire which was soldered on to the board and wrote the schematics down as to where to 2 soldering points went. now i get the car back fixed with new motor and want to solder the wire back on but I CANT FIND THE DAMN PAPER WITH SCHEMATICS) does any one know what 2 points to solder back the wire? hope im making sense. this really sucks cause it had a + and a - and now that might never be solved as to which goes on which point. or does it matter? anyway, anyone with this knowledge, can you please post? thanks RX}}}}