Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need Help. Stuck on 05' DD Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help. Stuck on 05' DD Install

Hopefully someone out there can help with this. Had the DD kit installed today on my 05' AT with Nav. Problems that the installer ran into:

1. DD Face plate provided by J's Garage does not fit. it is 1/2" too tall and pushes the Nav control unit into the pop up display thereby impeding the proper functioning of the pop up display
- Is there another part number for 05 units with Nav?

2. Installing the aftermarket Alpine CDA-9855 (no change to the factory speakers) I have now lost the voice guidance from the navigation system. I have seen the install from 350Z.com fro the voice bypass by adding a separate speaker, however, this calls for an audio mute lead out of the navigation system, which according to the system schematics from the 2005 Service Manual, there is not an audio mute lead from the navigation control unit. How do we work around this. Installer tells me that without an audio mute lead, and high level outputs from the nav unit, voice guidance is gone for good.
HELP, PLEASE!!!! I really like my voice navigation.

If anyone has advice or can help, please email me at fahse@saic.com or give me a call at 858-761-1551.

Thanks,

eric

Old 09-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you get the "new" bracket? I think there might be two different kind.

I do believe that you will lose the voice guidance with any aftermarket deck.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
As lim said I think there's two different brackets available one for nav and one without. As for the face plate I think you will probably be stuck cutting it. As for the nav sound it sounds like you already know more than me...

Old 09-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use your Stock bracket. No need to buy one.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
thanks for the replies everyone. HipHopPro is right, there is no need for a new bracket on the 05's as the car already comes with the double din bracket from the factory. Radio mounts in the ISO holes without a problem. Problem is, it is so recessed in there that it doesn't look clean. Also, the Aluminum dash face piece is too long. It looks like it is designed for the vehicles without Navigation, which leads me to believe that there must be a similar part for the navi units. I searched through probably 50 pages of threads on this and can't find where anyone else had this problem, but I've also noticed that the majority of the installs were for the cars that are not loaded witht he factory Navi.

I've emailed Yoshi on it and hope he will be able to get me the correct part ASAP as the dash is torn apart and can't be put back together right now.

As far as cutting the piece to make it fit, installer told me it will trash the piece and look horrible.

Hasn't anyone done the audio bypass on a 2005 yet? Someone has to have this iinfo, right?

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate it.

Eric

Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 AM
You would have to find someone who could cut it without trashing it... You would have to take it to a metal shop if your installer thinks its too hard.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:17 PM
_jb
Photographer

Here's a link to one thread that explains how to add the external Nav speaker. It looks like he (g35audioman) uses relays to control the amplifier power supplies. Pretty cool idea...

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/42711-has-anyone-figured-out-how-get-audio-stock-nav-w-aftermarket-headunit.html

If this doesn't give enough info, use the search tool to search this forum for answers. That's what I did...

I think most people that add the DD kit usually select a system with Nav. You're in sort of a unique situation. Yoshi is where I would start for info.

Since your head unit is actually single din, perhaps there is some other framework for the dashboard that would not interfere with the OEM Nav system controls.

Hope this helps...

Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Here's a link to one thread that explains how to add the external Nav speaker. It looks like he (g35audioman) uses relays to control the amplifier power supplies. Pretty cool idea...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42711

If this doesn't give enough info, use the search tool to search this forum for answers. That's what I did...

I think most people that add the DD kit usually select a system with Nav. You're in sort of a unique situation. Yoshi is where I would start for info.

Since your head unit is actually single din, perhaps there is some other framework for the dashboard that would not interfere with the OEM Nav system controls.

Hope this helps...
Thanks. i have that link and my installer has already looked at it. Unfortunately, without being able to find the Mute from the Navi tot he head unit, it kind of poses a problem. I pm'd G35audioman for his help. Hopefully he will respond.

On a positive note, Yoshi found the correct part for me. We are working out the details on it now, hoepfully I'll have it by the end of the week!!!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:26 PM
viv
Eric,

Any updates on this? You and I share the same problem.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by viv
Eric,

Any updates on this? You and I share the same problem.
Nada. I was able to ascertain the correct piece from Yoshi for the dash. It is a different part # and fits the cars with factory navi. It should be here any day now, Yoshi sent pics, but no part # so I'll have to wait til it gets here to post a new part #.

No luck on the speaker/navi voice yet. Still trying to get an answer.

E