Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose CD player problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose CD player problem

ok.. tonite, my CD player died on me. I searched but couldn't find anyone w/ the exact same problem. Fm/am radio works fine.. all the speakers work fine.. but the when i go to CD, it tries to read it.. nothing... then skips to the 2nd CD... doesn't read a single second on it.. then goes to the next.. I'm able to eject and load any of them at anytime.. although my CD player does sound like it's struggling somehow.. anyone have a solution? is it time for the dealership AGAIN?? fak.. had a '99 TL before this and never let me down... getting pretty pissed, as i've run into the squeaking noise (still there), replaced axle that fixed the clicking noise, sunroof squeaking, etc. etc. now this?? sigh

Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by supag116
ok.. tonite, my CD player died on me. I searched but couldn't find anyone w/ the exact same problem. Fm/am radio works fine.. all the speakers work fine.. but the when i go to CD, it tries to read it.. nothing... then skips to the 2nd CD... doesn't read a single second on it.. then goes to the next.. I'm able to eject and load any of them at anytime.. although my CD player does sound like it's struggling somehow.. anyone have a solution? is it time for the dealership AGAIN?? fak.. had a '99 TL before this and never let me down... getting pretty pissed, as i've run into the squeaking noise (still there), replaced axle that fixed the clicking noise, sunroof squeaking, etc. etc. now this?? sigh
Welcome to da club (50+). Yep, go get a NEW one at the dealer. Do a search, you'll find us.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I think I just joined this club....Piece of crap!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is doing the speaker cutout thing. I didn't even bother with the dealership, I saw it as an opportunity to go aftermarket and never have any problems again (hopefully).

Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
supa you're a breath away from the dreaded "CD ER FO" message that you get when the player actually dies - what you described is exactly what was happening just before my player broke. Don't keep putting CDs in it or you might not be able to get them back out.

Have the dealer replace it if you're still under warranty, even if you'd rather have an aftermarket unit. You can always pull the radio out and sell it (or give it away) on this board. These broken CD player threads are starting to show up daily now, so there are people out there outside the warranty period who would probably take it off of your hands.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by radjack79
I think I just joined this club....Piece of crap!!!
Same here. Mine was the beginning of July. Called the dealer to make the appointment. When I described that I hear a rapid clicking from the changer whenever I start my car (& that I doubt that I have a cd in it), they told me not to bother coming in - they'll call me when a new one is in. Nearly 4 weeks now... Still waiting...

sd_diver

Old 09-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have experienced the same problem, clicking sound inside the Bose changer, message ER CD FO. Sounds like its dead. Sounds like a long wait for replacement from reading this thread.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I have a stock bose 6 disc radio for sale if anyone wants it, I purchased a whole center console setup to add the factory nav to my non-navi 04 G35. i have extra parts now that I must sell. I have the ac controls in black buttons, the bose radio in black buttons and the pocket and lid for the top and the 2 side vents. Anyone interested let me know, I'll give you a good price.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by sd_diver
Same here. Mine was the beginning of July. Called the dealer to make the appointment. When I described that I hear a rapid clicking from the changer whenever I start my car (& that I doubt that I have a cd in it), they told me not to bother coming in - they'll call me when a new one is in. Nearly 4 weeks now... Still waiting...

sd_diver
Ya I have an appointment on Sept 20th to finally get a new HU installed. Took them a week to order a new one and then 4 weeks to finally get me in to have this fixed at the stealership....I swear if they mess up my dash while installing this thing i am going to snap. I absolutely hate leaving my car there. (or anywhere for that matter) It seems everytime i take it in for 1 problem I leave with 2 others...Gotta hope for the best I guess, I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
You know you would think that Infiniti would try to get a better head unit rather than keep replacing all these radios under warranty.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by radjack79
Ya I have an appointment on Sept 20th to finally get a new HU installed. Took them a week to order a new one and then 4 weeks to finally get me in to have this fixed at the stealership....I swear if they mess up my dash while installing this thing i am going to snap. I absolutely hate leaving my car there. (or anywhere for that matter) It seems everytime i take it in for 1 problem I leave with 2 others...Gotta hope for the best I guess, I'll let you know how it goes.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. Take a look at my post on this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=114136&page=3