Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Looks to good to be true... Check this out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks to good to be true... Check this out

I was just browsing the web when i stumbled upon this. I was curious has anyone ever seen this before. I have an 03 infiniti g35 WITHOUT THE NAV and to me this looks AMAZING - its a 7' screen/housing that fits where the STOCK nav should be... Guys whatta you think - for 600 bucks i feel like ordering it now but i need to know what u fellas think...

NOTE: THIS IS THERE SITE - NOT THE RIGHT LINK TO THE SCREEN, simply click on
Infiniti G35 700V with housing to see what im talking about

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

NOTE:

Old 10-15-2005, 05:49 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
it looks like a digitalwheelz housing.

its been out for some time do a searc hyoull find plenty of info on it.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
what i think is

I think you are getting what you pay for. It looks kind of cheap to me.... sorry to burst your bubble.

F

Old 10-16-2005, 03:11 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by filipm
I think you are getting what you pay for. It looks kind of cheap to me.... sorry to burst your bubble.

F

Fortunately, you're an idiot, and thus, your opinion matters very little.

That screen, and the Digital Wheelz/god_of_cpu housing is quite well manufactured, and is probably the closest you can come to a stock look for a in dash screen. The screen is made by Xenarc, and can be either a plain VGA/RGB screen, or can be a touchscreen. The housing looks stock, and about the only thing missing is motorized pull out. You have to manually pull out the screen, but it locks into place. When closed, you can't tell there is anything there, which is important if you leave your car in not so nice neighborhoods.

You still, of course, have to get some sort of source, whether a computer, a DVD player, or a one piece navigatin solution, so the screen is not the only thing you need to buy. Search both this forum, and the forums at www.mp3car.com for more information.

Dave

Old 10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by caelric
Fortunately, you're an idiot, and thus, your opinion matters very little.
Agreed!

I have the DigitalWheelz housing & screen and it's awesome. I have not had a chance to permenantly install it yet (as is with 100% of my carPC) but the quality of manufacturing is excellent, as is the look when integrated with the rest of the interior.

Plus Chuck is a real nice guy (have communicated with him a few times over email).

Yes it is a lot of money, but as filipm said, you get what you pay for, which in this case is a lot for a little. Compare the DigitalWheelz price with getting a Xenarc 7" screen custom installed. Custom install is going to run you a lot more than even $800 and it probably won't look as stock.

If you're looking for the "Fast & Furious" look, look elsewhere, DigitalWheelz is not for you (at least not now...hopefully not ever).

Old 11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
wow you guys are really defensive... makes me feel liek you are trying to convince yourself's of something. All I said was it looks cheap, and it does, at least in the pictures I saw. The price is really cheap, I've seen much better looking screens and fittings, at much more expensive prices. I suppose that some people just have higher standards than others. No reason for you to hate. I dont remember calling anyone names.... But cause of the harshness of your messages.... You guys are mindless hypocrates...

f

:-)

Old 11-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Never enough
Why not just go with a Kenwood 7017 and get rid of the blose head unit at the same time? I just bought one for 800.00

Old 11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by filipm
wow you guys are really defensive... makes me feel liek you are trying to convince yourself's of something. All I said was it looks cheap, and it does, at least in the pictures I saw. The price is really cheap, I've seen much better looking screens and fittings, at much more expensive prices. I suppose that some people just have higher standards than others. No reason for you to hate. I dont remember calling anyone names.... But cause of the harshness of your messages.... You guys are mindless hypocrates...

f

:-)
+1.....no need to go call someone an idiot, typical of those on this board at times...heheheheh

Old 11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people haven't been around long enough, so quit with the name calling. Secondly, don't get your panties up in a bunch xxxsinxxx cause thats ONLY the screen, add in a DVD player/PS2 and an AUX sound input whether it's the PAC AAI-NIS or an FM modulator....now talking about cheap....atleast it is'nt this...(no offense to G35BracketRacer):