Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

tvandnav2go plug and play completed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have NAVBOX and I see that fine line. It going crazy and somethime the screen is bouncing up and down. Overall looks like static or something.
Maybe I have neon hooked up with it.. Well.. Anyhow, is there other 12v source that gives us better picture quality?

Old 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I have a 12V inverter BUT.. the lines are there even if its not powered on ( i have a manual switch that turns it one)... The lines are not only there when I switch to DVD mode vs Nav.. BUT are there even when I have the Unit displaying the Nav.. And it is worse when i start the car.. but gets better after a while..

Old 11-18-2005, 05:50 PM
shunra do you have an 05 or older? does the plug and play work with teh 05's?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by RashMan1450
well i already installed my dvd player the glove box. If you need anyhelp just go ahead and ask me.

I did that install myself. For more pics of it just go to threads that i started and find the thread that says "MY NAV PLAYS DVDs"
Yeah, I read that...looks great. I'm doing the same but with a half din DVD so hopefully i wont have to trim the glove box with the dremel, bit if I have to I have to

Dave & Shunra - the nav2tv unit plugs into the back of the navigation screen, not the stereo unit. If you use the audio adapter (by PAC audio) it will plug into the stereo plug.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by symalik
Yes, only Dominic of TVandNav2Go has a plug and play for the 05. Give him a call.

And for the rest, the lines are normal...but your screen should NOT be bouncing...thats going too far.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:32 AM
For a newb w/ no car audio/video experience, how would you rate the installation process. Remember I have not done anything that has to do with mobiel audio or video. I want to do the TVandNAV unit with a PAC unit hooking up my slim PS2 into my NAV display.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:40 AM
In response to hye_G, the hardest part honestly would be dissasemblying and reassemblying the console (even though I still think that's easy as heck and I can have it all opened up in 10-15 minutes).

Everything else is plug and play. And you will see there could be only one place for each harness to go so there is no way you could mess that up.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by symalik
I have an 03, but I think Dominic of TVandNav2Go has plug and play for 05. I think it is a bit more money than the one for the 03.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Well finally started my install with the tvandnavi2go PnP kit with half din dvd player...started off by getting the wrong dvd player sent to me, and now BAM, the dvd player didn't fit into the lower glove box!!

Gee_Im_Fast, if you read this, you posted before that the pyle half din dvd player fits in the glove...do you know how??? Judging my external measurement of the player it should fit, but the wire plug has this odd looking jumbo wire plug that takes up like over a 1/4 more. Without the wires coming out of the back of the unit it would fit.

Rashman_1450 - I know you installed into the glovebox, but you dremeled the back out right?

I don't really want to dremel/cut the glove box So my only other alternative mounting spots I can come up with so far is (1) under passenger front seat, or (2) verticle, below the passenger side backseat, where the bottom would touch the floormat, and top would touch the front of the back seat. But in #2, it would be "kick-able" from passengers, and not hidden. I looked at putting it inside the center console, with the opening inside the rear ashtray (perfect fit), but this would be a major install. THis sucks, I was planning to just toss it in the glovebox and move on to the rest of my install.

ANY suggestions guys???????????

Old 11-23-2005, 02:02 PM
you can fit a dvd player in the glove box without cutting. After doing the install Gee and i were talking. We found that you should get a portable dvd player and just stick it in there.

There is no cutting now with that. If i knew about this i wouldnt have gone with the cutting of the glove box.

And yes i dremeled it out

Old 11-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Hmmm, I honestly never thought about a portable one before...but with a portable one, you don't get all the options as with the 12v ones such as IR extender. I'll have to check into this idea tho. I'm going to try and see if I can maybe just drill a 1/2" hole in the back of the glovebox to allow the wires to poke thru...then I think it will fit. I got my fingers crossed tho.

I thought about a PS2 slim, but didn't figure it would fit with the connectors on the front, plus the dvd remote is IR (and no extender) so would only work with the door open.

Last edited by klwoods; 11-23-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
All the portable dvd players seem to have built in screens, so that would be a pain to change disks...and the screen would be useless inside the glovebox lol. I did have a portable dvd like that in my old car tho...suprised I never thought of it for the G...probably cuz of the screen. Ok, back to the garage for me, to get some ideas.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes, a portable DVD player will fit since most are compact, you'll have to check out it's dimensions. I did not know the PYLE came with bulky crap behind it, but I just discovered this this past weekend while doing an install for two fellow members. They ended up cutting thier glove box per my directions and it is now flush.

In terms of a portable DVD player that has the functions you want such as IR extension and maybe even a TV tuner, I would jump on EBAY as I HAVE SEEN them on there. However, keep in mind they must runn off of 11-15V DC to be able to work in your car, thats the problem I am having. And like someone mentioned, opening and closing the portable is a bit more work since there is a screen that must be flipped open first. But think about the bright side, you can use it as a DVD player in your home, on the plane, train, in someone elses car...etc.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah I thought about all those plus's, but I already have a portable dvd that does all that. It's just older and too bulky/ugly to put in the G.

Gee_Im_Fast - so you got the pyle one to fit with cutting a little in the back? Thats what I was checking out, maybe drilling holes for that wire crap to poke thru (hoping not to have to cut major holes like the whole back out). Also, did you happen to check out the pyle half din? Since I didn't get mine installed today, I played around with it, and it doesn't read any of my dvd-R or dvd+R backups...just originial dvd and cd-R Just wondered if you/your buddies tried that yet?

Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 AM
I can't say they have, but the manual should tell you if it does right off the bat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tvandnav2go plug and play completed