Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...

Hey guys,

I just picked up a Pioneer AVIC-N2 at a steal of a price and am interested in seeing people pics with the AVIC-N1/N2 installed. (I have done the searches and most of the picture files are broken with exeption to the well written DIY). My original intentions were to go with the D1 cleaner look, however this deal was to good to pass up.

I am currently ordering the DD conversion kit from J's Garage and intend to modify the A/C controls so that the Dual Climate Control button is salvaged. I plan on using the PAC SWI PS adapter so that I can retain my steering wheel functionality. I also know about how to mod the system so that DVD and NAV capabilities are functional while driving. Are there any other accessories or modifications you would recommend I look into (i.e. voice recognizition, xm Nav Traffic, etc.)?

Have any of you figured out a way to make the 'empty cubby' slot created by the install look aesthetically cleaner?

How much should I expect to pay for a professional install of the AVIC-N2?
I hope to have this thing up and running ASAP and appreciate any suggestions, opinions, and advice (especially available pictures!!!)

JD

Old 12-23-2005, 04:06 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Here's my Pioneer AVH-P6600DVD. I just got it installed 2 weeks ago by a friend at Best Buy for $88. I dont know if they have to do anything extra for the Navi HU like the AVIC-N2 but they are basically the same thing size wise and everything. I plan on putting my Bass Boost and Voltmeter for the Subs and Amp in the little "cubby hole" below the HU but for now its just a piece of ABS plastic.

Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-pioneer-1.jpgPioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-pioneer-2.jpg
If you have any questions PM me.
Hope this helps
-GP-

Old 12-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Looking good Gedup35Sedan...Post pics when you update your "cubby hole" situation. I'm in the same boat...

Old 12-25-2005, 05:06 PM
here's my setup N2 + P777

Old 12-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Nice setup....what exactly is a P777?

Old 12-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I have done some research on the DD Conversion Kit costs for my 04 G35/V35. Most G owners who have done this conversion have either gone with parts from J's Garage or Grubbs. I found that J's Garage offers (slightly) cheaper prices for the finisher and bracket while Grubbs offers a much cheaper A/C controller ($165 vs. $220). I think I may just get the A/C from Grubbs and the other parts from J's so I can save about 80 bucks.
I'm still shopping around for the PAC SWI PS adapter. Any suggestions on where it is offered at a decent price?
Thanks for your help guys...!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Update to above post:
I will not be ordering the bracket as I have been assured (by numerous other posts) that it is not needed as the stock bracket can be used! So, I have decided to order through Grubbs (assuming the parts are in stock) the following parts:
- The Dash Finisher
- The A/C Controller
This should run me about $235US/$275CAN...

Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Exclamation AVIC-N2 Setup Options!!!

OK...I need help on this one...
I have read that some members have installed their N1/N2 in the cubby compartment of the center dash. QUESTIONS:

1. Is it 1st of all possible to do this with the N2? (confirm the reports)
2. If so, can it be completely concealed in the cubby with the lid down?
3. I have also heard that it is possible to sync both the stock HU and N2 so that both are fuctional. Is this possible?
4. What are the install tips needed to complete this setup?

All of the older posts that include pictures and suggestions from members who have done this setup: 1) ACHEE, 2) TLUV, and 3) SARIDI, have broken links. (***If these guys are still around, please contact me via PM or e-mail prophecy2910@rogers.com). ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM AUDIO EXPERTS ARE WELCOMED...!!!
Thanks in advance
JD

Old 12-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Please somebody help this guy becasue I am stuck in the same situation!!

Old 12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
About a month ago someone posted a link to a video. Whoever did the install did a nice job. It's just a matter of finding a shop in your area that has some talented installers. BTW I would image you would be paying close to $600 in labor to make this happen. The amount of time it’ll take to test fit everything multiple times and make all the custom bracing is what will cost the most. If you can't do it yourself it won't be cheap and it'll take a while. PM me your email and I'll forward the video to you. I no longer have the link or I would have posted it.

Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks SMKNVR4.... Video Recieved!!!
It essentially confirms that a motorized DVD/NAV type screen (such as the AVIC-N2) can be successfully installed in the cubby hole without cutting the ventalization air ducts and in a manner that is aesthetically and visually gorgeous.
Just a shout out to the owner of the G in the video (*name unknown* if he's still kicking around)... Congrats on the awesome setup...AND...if it is possible PM or e-mail me at prophecy2910@rogers.com. Any information you have regarding a similar install (one that fits that compartment with cutting the ducts) would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:16 PM
It has finally been completed!!!!!
My AVIC-2 has been succesfully integrated into the cubby compartment of my G35C, making it a complete hideaway unit!!! I am very pleased with my installers custom work!!! For those who have shown some interest in the install and have been in touch with me over the last two months while I researched the issue, I intend to post some pics of the install within the month (due to a heavy schedule at work). Stay posted....
Now all I have to do is figure out how to use its 101 features!
JD

Old 02-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Here it is...finally...

I finally got the pics...and a video clip of it functioning...I'm gonna try to post them but it's my first time and may have some trouble...Here it goes:
Let me know what you guys think...I have more pictures of the installation process but there probably better off being explained then just shown so I didn't post them.

Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-converted-hu-closed.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-converted-hu-lid-open-close-up.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-converted-hu-open.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-navigation-function-screen.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...-steering-wheel-controls.jpg  

Last edited by Prophecy; 02-12-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
looks nice, but i do wonder about two things:

1. how do you access the buttons on top of hte screen, the flat, and retract buttons, are they relocated?

2. how much extra strain is that placing on the motor and gears of the n2?

b

Old 02-12-2006, 01:33 AM
1. The buttons are still accessible (including the Ambiance sensor which automatically adjusts the screen luminance.
2. There doe'snt appear to be any strain on the motor in terms of how it functioned prior to placing the cubby lid on to it (judged according to speed and sound of motor functioning).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-N2 Install...