Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I just bought a Pionner AVIC-D1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a Pionner AVIC-D1

I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-D1.
I have a 2004 G35 Coupe Automatic with the titanium finish.
I just wanted to go over exactly what I needed:

1) Double Din Finisher
2) Double Din A/C Cotnrol

Do I need the Nissan 2 Prong Adapter? (what is this? What does it do? Where do I get this? How much is it?)
Do I need the Double Din Bracket without Navigation?
Do I need the Scosche NN03 Wiring Harness? I don't have subs or anything and I will be using my factory speakers and amp.
What will this do for me and how much is it?

Also what do I need to use my factory steering wheel audio controls with this system. I looked and it says that I need a PAC SWI-PS adapter. Where can I get one of these and how much does it cost?

Any other suggestions or advice?

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Sportcoupe35; 01-05-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Do I need the Nissan 2 Prong Adapter? (what is this? What does it do? Where do I get this? How much is it?) Yes, your locaal stereo shop. about $20. You need it to connect the AM/FM antenna
Do I need the Double Din Bracket without Navigation? Nope. just reuse the bracket that is in your car now.Do I need the Scosche NN03 Wiring Harness? About $20, Metra P/Ns: 70-7550 for non Bose and 70-7551 for Bose. I use the 70-7551 with Pac high to low level converts and it sounds good. I've read some people run the high level right into the Bose amp. I've never done that so I don't know how it sounds.
What will this do for me and how much is it? It will allow you to use the Bose amp and factory speakers.
Also what do I need to use my factory steering wheel audio controls with this system. I looked and it says that I need a PAC SWI-PS adapter. Where can I get one of these and how much does it cost? Local stereo shop. should be about $100.
Any other suggestions or advice? Honestly. Your questions lead me to believe you've never installed a head unit in th past. This isn't a hard install if you've done a few before. If you decide to DIY you may want to read alot.

Last edited by smknvr4; 01-05-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wut he said....word of advice before doing anything with car audio...plan, and plan ahead....get all the neccessary info first and map it out.....it took me about 5 months of studying before i even bought my first audio component......good luck tho

Old 01-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by smknvr4
Do I need the Nissan 2 Prong Adapter? (what is this? What does it do? Where do I get this? How much is it?) Yes, your locaal stereo shop. about $20. You need it to connect the AM/FM antenna
Do I need the Double Din Bracket without Navigation? Nope. just reuse the bracket that is in your car now.Do I need the Scosche NN03 Wiring Harness? About $20, Metra P/Ns: 70-7550 for non Bose and 70-7551 for Bose. I use the 70-7551 with Pac high to low level converts and it sounds good. I've read some people run the high level right into the Bose amp. I've never done that so I don't know how it sounds.
What will this do for me and how much is it? It will allow you to use the Bose amp and factory speakers.
Also what do I need to use my factory steering wheel audio controls with this system. I looked and it says that I need a PAC SWI-PS adapter. Where can I get one of these and how much does it cost? Local stereo shop. should be about $100.
Any other suggestions or advice? Honestly. Your questions lead me to believe you've never installed a head unit in th past. This isn't a hard install if you've done a few before. If you decide to DIY you may want to read alot.
Awesome Info, Thanks!

Would the setup be the same for an 05, i know the dd facepate and ac are different. But the adapters, pac-swi etc. ?

I'm using an avic-D1 with new Amps and speakers so I'll be running fresh wire all around.

Last edited by speedgeek; 01-06-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:09 PM
The adaptors and SWIPS should be the same for the 05. Running new wires into the doors is a pain if you've never done it. Once you get one door done the other will be a piece of cake. Someone posted a real good thread on how to do it so read up on that. You may want to consider running an extra pair of wires into the drivers door for an aftermarket alarm/remotestart in the furutre. If you tap into the drivers door key sense wires for lock and unlock, you can also roll the windows up and down for basically free depending on the alarm.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by smknvr4
The adaptors and SWIPS should be the same for the 05. Running new wires into the doors is a pain if you've never done it. Once you get one door done the other will be a piece of cake. Someone posted a real good thread on how to do it so read up on that. You may want to consider running an extra pair of wires into the drivers door for an aftermarket alarm/remotestart in the furutre. If you tap into the drivers door key sense wires for lock and unlock, you can also roll the windows up and down for basically free depending on the alarm.
Thanks smknvr4, I greatly appreciate the info. Yeah, I look forward to running th e door wires , I'll just take time, cross my fingers and not curse to much.

Thats a good idea to run an extra pair since I'm running the set anyway.

Q: Do i need the Scosche adapter, since I'm going to be running fresh wire throughout and not useing the factory speaks or amp?

Last edited by speedgeek; 01-08-2006 at 10:05 PM.