Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

HU upgrade... alpine or kenwood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HU upgrade... alpine or kenwood

Wanting to drop my bose factory for either a kenwood or alpine set up, because the car was stolen and they recomvered it, but no one can seem to find a dash kit for it. how did you all change your head units? [please help
!! im stuck in oklahoma for 3 weeks until everything gets finished and these rednecks dont know a damn thing.. getting a 7" dvd/mp3/cd...etc unit but they are running into install probs...need a number to call so i can get on the road!! thanks kids...ill post pics afterwards...also mounting a KenStyle kit as well...black/ gonna look nasty when its all done!! lemmie know on the mount questions kids!!!

majik!

Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the eclipse avn 5435 or the pioneer avic d1

Here's a link to the item you need to install an aftermarket HU. Try searching for more info as well...go to forums on the top, then search.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ght=double+din

Old 01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
thankss kid, but all they are talking about is an 05 to 06 conversion.. maybe i read it right maybe i didnt, but it seems to me that the stock bracket kit works for any aftermarket HU? all my wires and everything will be ready for install, antennae and all are taken care of, it will be done at a shop, but these morons keeptellign me that they cant find a bracket for the G35 03 or any other model. its a non Navi unit. I just want it installed to go down the road, but these ******** dont want to look. Im not doing it myself, but three shops are turning away business because they dont wanna try! idiots! and an insurance deal at that, they always jack the ins co. I guess its a good thing they dont mess it up worse then, any good advice? just want a good set up instead of that lame *** bose! nice screen, dvd, cd, mp3, 7" monitor or maybe 6.5 whatever, just a nice set up about the same cost as the bose, which is 1500 plus the amp which is 435. should nt be hard. I just want it installed!

know a part # and who makes it so i can tell these idiots where to look?! asap so i can get on the road back to florida?! im stuck in oklahoma for 2 more weeks!

thanks bro's

Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
look up grubbs infiniti either on this site or on the internet and they should have the a/c controller plus DD finisher for the 03-04's. I dont know about the bracket though, i didnt need one for my 05 but it might be different for yours.
-GP-

Old 01-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't trust that shop to do the install, but thats just my opinion based on your posts. If you want that Kenwood doubledin unit to fit, you'll need the following parts:

Click here for the double din finisher kit
Click here for the double din A/C controls

It should look like the pics below. This was done at a local shop here in Houston, www.innovativerides.com

I am bringing in the wife's '05 soon to have them do the same thing. they've done several of them and I've been impressed each time I go up there

Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 AM
And while your at it, look at the Eclipse rather than the Kenwood or Alpine.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Here's the links you will need to give your shop. It has all of the instructions on how to do it and what parts to get. You can get the parts from grubbs(see links below). If they can't do it with this info, then take it someplace else.

Instructions:
http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=33

parts:
http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Mer...doubledinCoupe

http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Mer...doubledinCoupe

Old 01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
thanks i havnt looked at the links yet but how long doyou think it will take to get these parts, and should I instruct the body shop to not order the normal dash or console unit that normally comes with the car. I believe that its all one unit right. that looks insane by the way, but i am hoping that I wont have to wait until i get to tampa to install it because its something that I need to get done within the next week and a half, including mail and stuff.

anyone know what the cost for all this is by chance and the availability?

Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Just give them a call. They may have it in stock.