Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Confused After Hrs! Non-bose Where to connect LOC? Back of the radio / somewhere else

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Confused After Hrs! Non-bose Where to connect LOC? Back of the radio / somewhere else

After many days & hours of research, I thought I find everything that I need. I find the DIY for removing doors panel, backseat, HU, and running the wire from under the hood to the trunk. I don't have a garage. I work during the day, and I get home at 4. I have an hour and so each day before the sun goes down to work on the car. The weekends had been shi$$y here, rain or snow. Anyway after a week of work, I got the wire to the back of the car, and today I got the HU out......
When I got the HU out, I got so confused
I have no idea how to connect the LOC. I got a aftermarker harness but it is a female harness????? I don't want to cut anything yet.
I have the NON-BOSE HU. I got all the wiring diagram and I know what wire to what wire.
I just want to know where(safest place) should I cut and connect the LOC.

Please help me out, I am going to post a DIY after I am done. I also have all the old DIY saved(which no longer work on the forum) and I am going to repost all of them.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're using the LOC to send a signal to an amp? I thought you could just tap the LOC into one of the rear speakers, but I may be wrong.

Please post your DIY and repost the info you have for the non bose system when you get it done, as I'm planning on doing audio work on my G soon too.....

Thanks and good luck!

Old 01-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TEG,

I used a LOC on my non-bose system. I used t-taps to tap the front speaker wires behind the HU. I do not recall what colors the wires were, but figuring out which ones to tap into was pretty simple.

With the harness plugged into the radio, fade all the way to the front.

Then balance all the way to the left side. Play a test tone (or any media... Test tone is nice because the voltage won't be fluctuating all over the place)

Use a DMM to find the correct wires.

Repeat for the Right side.

Daz it.

***edit due to realization that you have an aftermarket harness***

The aftermarket harness should indicate which wires go to which speaker. Keep in mind these harnesses are used to connect an aftermarket deck to your existing wiring harness.

The way that these harnesses work is such (I apologize in advance if you are already aware of this... but your post lead me to think you are confounded by the female nature of the harness):

You take the leads from the aftermarket deck and connect them to the leads on the new harness.

So now you have a deck with a female harness.

You then plug the existing (infiniti) male harness into the new female harness.

Voila.

Sooo... where am I going with all this?

That harness you have should indicate FR+/FR- and FL+/FL-. Just figure out which leads on the infiniti harness match up to the the identified leads on the aftermarket harness.

Sorry to be so verbose.

Last edited by MiloX; 01-22-2006 at 12:55 AM.