Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know what both of you are saying. My previous post was just referring to the fact that most people on this forum are buying the PAC AAI-NIS to integrate an iPod. Thing is, you still have to buy an iPod interface, like the Blitzsafe UII, or a Belkin charger with audio out. All I am saying is that would cost more, and be more of a pain to hook up than the USA SPEC unit....it's an all-in-one unit. So I just can't understand why so many people are taking the other route if you can just buy this and be done with it. From my understanding, you have the ability to switch from track to track via the HU and steering wheel, but you can also use the iPod directly to change through menu's etc. Am I correct? If so, then you get the best of both worlds.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
BTW, thanks elduderino...I will be looking forward to your results. I think you may be right about the reason why everyone is using the PAC.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quietcoolone
Say man... the AAI-NIS is not an iPod adapter, it's described as an auxiliary input adapter--- all it does it input audio via the cd changer/SAT port on the back of the radio... the pa11-niss is an ipod adapter and as such it lets you control iPod functions from the radio, in addition it charges the iPod. It is my understanding that it also has an auxiliary input much like the AAI-NIS.
I don't have this product but i do have the PA11-HON2 and they appear to do the same thing.. You access the iPod using the CD button on the radio.. the manual states to press this button until CD6 trx appears on the radio... i also thought it would not work because nothing would happen when i press the CD/AUX button on my honda.. but i can tell you that it won't change until you connect the cable--- in other words the cd button has dual functions, but only if senses a device connected to that port on the radio.
You use the cd controls to navigate your designated playlist... i for one use the iPod in directly and use the radio buttons to change tracks fast forward or Rewind.
you hit the nail in the head.....thats how it works for me.....the only bad is that the playlist mode is not functioning, but it really doesn't matter because i'd rather have full control of my ipod, on the steering wheel and the click wheel...best of both worlds...thats why i aint complaining about the playlist mode, besides you can just put it in shuffle mode and your off, if you don't like the song change it with a flick of the thumb

Old 02-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Cool. I will probably just order this thing tonight and get it over with. It sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for. If not, I'll ebay it. About the direct mode...I know you said you can't go into playlist mode via the HU, but can you choose the playlist via the iPod? Or does it totally disable the ability to use the playlist feature on the iPod?

Old 02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
that's correct....it's just disabled on the hu...and not on the ipod, thats the only reason i was cool with the install....at this point im getting what i want....so i'm just going with it until something better comes out.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Thumbs up Thanks!

Thank you lalomarquez13 and el_duderino! I look forward to the updated report on the 2003.5 G35. Please take and post pictures if possible.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
I just ordered mine last night. I will post my results as well.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:29 PM
After reading this thread I called up my local car audio place and they had a pa11-nis in. They said they could install it for me immediately. I took my 03.5 g35 coupe in and 30 minutes later my setup was complete.

My radio has the 6disc in dash cd player and a SAT button. When you toggle through your inputs it will go AM -> FM -> CD -> CD Chng. Once its on CD Chng the ipod will begin playing and everything will be going good. You CAN use the steering wheel controls for track forward/backwards and volume just fine. The display on the HUD just shows a CD6 and an arbitrary track number.

When the stereo is off, the device turns the ipod off AND it continues to charge it while its plugged in (I guess its for 1hr).

I have to say this was extremely easy and i'm surprised i had not seen it discussed or talked about on the forum until today.

also, if you live in ftw tx, i recommend woodys on camp bowie.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Smile Great!!!

Thanks for confirming this brain! I'll be ordering mine shortly.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:10 PM
cool man..... i started thinking "is this good thread or a bad one"....good to hear the good news brain

Old 02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Awesome, brain. That makes me even more excited. This whole time I was set on buying the PAC AAI-NIS2 and the Blitzsafe UII, which would have cost about $180 after shipping. I wouldn't have had ANY control via the steering wheel. NOW, I am ordering this devide for $127 shipped to my door, and it does everything! Awesome find, lalomarquez13. I'm very glad we discussed this; I'm sure this will be the next big thing on this forum. I too am surprised that it has taken this long to find out about this product...it has been out for a while. I'll post some pics of my install when I'm done.

On a side note, I am installing a Dension Ice-link for my girlfriends BMW 325i next week. They get FULL control from that device, WITH track titles on the HU, all playlists, and the ability to scroll through the iPod menu on the HU. Bastards...

Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 AM
my wife bought me for my b-day a cool set up for the ipod. And it fits most even the nano. I dont have the name of it of hand but you plug it into the cig lighter hole and then you put your ipod in the craddle and it plays through any Fm stations. There is no wire hanging no place. The craddle charges your ipod its cool. If anyone wants to know what it is i will get the name of it and a pic in my car

Old 02-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the pa11-nis support the new video ipod

Old 02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
hye_G, Here is what a reseller's web site says about the iPod support:

Compatible with iPod™ 3G, 4G, Mini, Nano, Photo, Video [not compatible with 1st & 2nd Generation (10GB/15GB)]

So, yes, it appears it does support the video iPod for audio input.

Old 02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome..I just ordered mine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip