Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what some of you are missing but right on the discount car stereo website its says "Presently only the models listed in the pull-down menu are compatible-- no other iPod interface is available to us for vehicles other than those listed." Then on the pull-down menu it says "2004-06 G35." So no, it does not work for 2003s.

Also it says "Vehicle cannot be equipped with an external CD Changer." That is like one you buy from CircuitCity to get installed into your Ford Focus, or the like, so you can have a 6-CD changer instead of either one or just a tape deck.

So, I hope that clears it up for some of you, and I hope someone didn't already say this and I missed it.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well that's not enitrely true. I have a 2003.5 sedan, and it works. The main thing is that you have to have the SAT button for it to work (even though you are not using the SAT button to activate it).

Old 02-21-2006, 03:32 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an 06, and I still can use the 6-Disk in dash changer. It cycles like this ---->> AM>>FM1>FM2>CD (factory indash 6disk)>CD CHGR (IPOD)

Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
anyone getting engine noise (whine) after install, or did I do something wrong. I installed everthing in my cubby compartment, even the USA SPEC unit.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 AM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I get zero noise.. do you have any spliced wires anywhere? Aftermarket add ons? (Radio,lights,etc..) Sound like you have a bad ground somewhere..

Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Well that's not enitrely true. I have a 2003.5 sedan, and it works. The main thing is that you have to have the SAT button for it to work (even though you are not using the SAT button to activate it).
I see you've got ur install... where's the promised pics

Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 PM
LOL...You got me!! I haven't had a chance to load them on my pic hosting site...They are on my computer....I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow!! I promise! Sorry!

Old 03-03-2006, 03:56 PM
well... ? ru playin it hard to get just cuz we'd like to see it? jk. no seriously were are the pics man!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 08:40 PM
yeah.... i wanna to see them too.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM
lalo and realg... where did you get the diy instructions on taking the dash apart? would you recommend a noob trying it?

Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brain
After reading this thread I called up my local car audio place and they had a pa11-nis in. They said they could install it for me immediately. I took my 03.5 g35 coupe in and 30 minutes later my setup was complete.

My radio has the 6disc in dash cd player and a SAT button. When you toggle through your inputs it will go AM -> FM -> CD -> CD Chng. Once its on CD Chng the ipod will begin playing and everything will be going good. You CAN use the steering wheel controls for track forward/backwards and volume just fine. The display on the HUD just shows a CD6 and an arbitrary track number.

When the stereo is off, the device turns the ipod off AND it continues to charge it while its plugged in (I guess its for 1hr).

I have to say this was extremely easy and i'm surprised i had not seen it discussed or talked about on the forum until today.

also, if you live in ftw tx, i recommend woodys on camp bowie.
Brain, what kind of clip did you use?

Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by matrix35
well... ? ru playin it hard to get just cuz we'd like to see it? jk. no seriously were are the pics man!!!!

Guys, I posted these a while ago, here's the link:

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/87157-ipod-install-ashtray-usa-spec-pics.html

Old 03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
BIG20ugly....i didn't want to even attemp it, let alone the wife watching me tear up my new G....so i just payed the local stereo guy to do it for me...expect to to pay 40.00 to 60.00 bucks...it's well worth the hastle, i payed 40.00, theres a couple of guys on this forum that said it aint a big deal.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I installed the PA11-nis in my 06 MT coupe. I am going to borrow a picture from khsonic03

My car does not have nav or sat, but my car had all 4 plugs in use when I pulled the blose out. So, there was a plug already plugged into where I have drawn the blue arrow, and there was a plug where I have drawn the red arrow. I figured out that I could plug the interface into the red arrow plug and then the original factory plug went back into the femal plug of the PA11-NIS.

But, back to that blue arrow. The bottom line is that I had to unplug the factory wires that were there and they are no longer plugged into anything.
Is this OK? I am hoping that it was prewiring for SAT, which I don't have and don't want to have, so it is no big deal. Everything seems to be working including the steering wheel controls....it freaked out when I tried to hold the next track switch down hoping it would fast forward through the song. I had to cut the car off for several minutes to get it to finally reset.

This install is by no means simple. Those trim pieces are fragile and there is plenty of opportunity to fsuc up your interior. Be sure to either remove the shift plate completely or cover it up with a cloth. Be sure to cover the face of your radio while you have it flipped upside down to plug in the wires.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:50 AM
One more question

Is it going to kill the iPod battery to be constantly getting charged by the PA11-nis? In my case, I will not be removing it from the car very often, so the iPod will not get the chance to discharge its battery. I wish the interface had a switch to turn on charging.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip