Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn On

Quick question... How do you select the iPod as the audio input source? (i.e. to play radio, press radio) Do you press the SAT button?

Also, just to confirm, the aux input uses the SAT connection... right?

Old 02-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^^DITTO...That's what I'm trying to find out. How does this thing link your ipod to the HU. We all know how the PAC AAI-NIS does it, what about this one? I am wondering why more people don't use it if you get the best of ALL worlds...steering wheel control, cd player usage, only one device to do it all. Seems too good to be true.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
OK, I read that. The only thing that bugs me is that we don't have a port for an external CD changer. Am I wrong about this? The manual keeps referring to the "external CD changer" port, etc. Since we don't have the ability to hook up and external CD changer, how does it interface with our vehicles? (I am referring to the BOSE system that is in my car)

Old 02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I think it says that the G35 radio must have a cd button on the face and a 12-pin connector on the back for those ugly looking cables
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/ima...san_12plug.jpg

Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by quietcoolone
I think it says that the G35 radio must have a cd button on the face and a 12-pin connector on the back for those ugly looking cables
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/ima...san_12plug.jpg
same as the sat plug i just put a pac unit in tonigh

Old 02-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Hmmmm....so then does the BOSE HU in the 2003.5-2004 have that plug? Because in the directions, it specifically says that the G35 radio must have a "CDC" button on the front. I don't think ANY of the G35 HU's have a "CDC" button, maybe they are referring to the "CD" button, but that doesn't make sense because it doesn't control an external CD changer, only the internal one. So that would leave the "SAT" button, but then we wouldn't have control of the tracks via the radio, right? And the guy who posted this says he does have control, and in a PM said that he doesn't have to push his "SAT" button, it just automatically recognizes when the iPod is attatched. So now I am just totally confused. :-( Has anyone else actually installed one of these? Please chime in :-)

Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
C'mon guys theres nothing special about this guy's G35... I'm pretty sure it uses the satellite interface, as CD Changers are a thing of the past.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Hmmmm....so then does the BOSE HU in the 2003.5-2004 have that plug?
yes i just used it tonight when installing the pac in my 04

Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Confusion...

I'm pretty sure khsonic03 and I are in the same boat here... The instruction manual seems to be "generic" to many Nissan/Infiniti models and years, resulting in two questions:
1) Where do you plug it into?
2) What "activates" the transmission of the iPod?

1) I "believe" it plugs into the SAT as there are only two open sockets in the attached picture (the smaller socket is the 12-pin and the larger socket is for power - confirmed, courtesy of www.g35ipod.com). I also am under the belief that the back of a 2005 is relatively the same (from an input wise and functional standpoint) as the prior years (2003/2004). -- Confirmation of it plugging into a socket similar to the small open socket would be greatly appreciated.

2) Khsonic03 said that via PM, it was uncovered that the SAT button does not need to be pushed, plugging in the iPod is sufficient, to activate the audio. Could it be that it operates similar to that of the cassette player on the HU - once it is force fed, it is selected as the music source?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I really appreciate lalomarquez13 bringing such an awesome product to our attention. I hope it will work with my 2003.5!

Old 02-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the input, narkotic. If there is nothing special about it, then why the HECK would anyone choose the pac AAI-NIS over this product? It offers everything that the AAI-NIS offers PLUS charging AND some control over the iPod at a lower cost. Everyone here is so gung-ho about the AAI-NIS. Why not just use this unit??? I just don't want to order the dang thing only to find out the reason why no one else is using it. That's all. Maybe I'll have to step up to the plate, though, because it appears no one has actually done an install themselves. Sorry for hijacking your thread, lalomarquez13, you have just brought a great product to my attention, and I want to see if it will work with other models, and how to go about installing it.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
khsonic, wait a couple of days. We have a few on order at the moment and I will let you know how it works in an 03.5 sedan next week, k?

The customer (geeman) currently has a PAC AAI-NIS and we would be subbing this in place. I am confident the only reason people are "u" on the PAC piece is that it's been the only one out there.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Thanks for the input, narkotic. If there is nothing special about it, then why the HECK would anyone choose the pac AAI-NIS over this product? It offers everything that the AAI-NIS offers PLUS charging AND some control over the iPod at a lower cost. Everyone here is so gung-ho about the AAI-NIS. Why not just use this unit??? I just don't want to order the dang thing only to find out the reason why no one else is using it. That's all. Maybe I'll have to step up to the plate, though, because it appears no one has actually done an install themselves. Sorry for hijacking your thread, lalomarquez13, you have just brought a great product to my attention, and I want to see if it will work with other models, and how to go about installing it.
Say man... the AAI-NIS is not an iPod adapter, it's described as an auxiliary input adapter--- all it does it input audio via the cd changer/SAT port on the back of the radio... the pa11-niss is an ipod adapter and as such it lets you control iPod functions from the radio, in addition it charges the iPod. It is my understanding that it also has an auxiliary input much like the AAI-NIS.
I don't have this product but i do have the PA11-HON2 and they appear to do the same thing.. You access the iPod using the CD button on the radio.. the manual states to press this button until CD6 trx appears on the radio... i also thought it would not work because nothing would happen when i press the CD/AUX button on my honda.. but i can tell you that it won't change until you connect the cable--- in other words the cd button has dual functions, but only if senses a device connected to that port on the radio.
You use the cd controls to navigate your designated playlist... i for one use the iPod in directly and use the radio buttons to change tracks fast forward or Rewind.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the unit is interesting but requires so much work to get "compatible playlists", just like the BMW system did. i prefer just mounting the ipod right next to the head unit using the proclip system and having direct control of the ipod right there...

Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by absolutg
the unit is interesting but requires so much work to get "compatible playlists", just like the BMW system did. i prefer just mounting the ipod right next to the head unit using the proclip system and having direct control of the ipod right there...
I said this in the Honda forum: liability may be the reason car manufactures will not allow us to control iPods with their ipod adapter-- do date all iPod adapters i've seen (bmw, Honda, vw, Volvo etc) disables the ipod buttons and screen-- you can't do sh*t but from the radio and that sucks.--We will probable have to wait unit they can integrate all the functions on the radio or Navigation. My neighbor has an iPod fully integrated in his Lexus (adapter not made by Lexus) and controls from the steering wheel, touch screen (I'm not sure if it's voice activated--which would be kewl)

"Alpine IVA-W200 is fully enabled: Full Speed™ Connection for iPod®, HD Radio ready, Satellite Radio ready, 3 PreOuts, Bluetooth™ Ready... Alpine brings you quite possibly the best thing to happen to 2-DIN."
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=IVA-W200

My Pa11-hon2 does exactly that-- it has two modes of operation, direct and playlist. I configured mine for Direct mode which does not require creating or renaming or whatever you current playlist---- if you want that you can do that, if you don't you don't have to. I just read the PA11-nis manual and is says the exact same thing as my PA11-Hon2-- read the manual folks the info is there. connecting an ipod adapter to a G35 is not rocket science!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip