Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 AM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Real_G, that was one of the threads I did my research on, and I appreciate all of your contributions.....but it didn't answer my main two questions which are:

1. What is the smalll plug that we unplugged and left disconnected to connect the pa11-nis? Is that sat prewiring? My car had it, but I do not have the sat option?

2. Are we going to ruin our iPod batteries by letting the PA11-nis charge the battery before the battery has had the chance to drain?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
An Army of One...
Originally Posted by enoreeriver
Thanks Real_G, that was one of the threads I did my research on, and I appreciate all of your contributions.....but it didn't answer my main two questions which are:

1. What is the smalll plug that we unplugged and left disconnected to connect the pa11-nis? Is that sat prewiring? My car had it, but I do not have the sat option?

2. Are we going to ruin our iPod batteries by letting the PA11-nis charge the battery before the battery has had the chance to drain?

Thanks

1. I am pretty sure that the connector that we left unconnected is a SAT radio plug that just comples the loop, since the PA11-NIS is for NON SAT RADIO units.

2. After a little research I found this: "The battery stops charging when it's full. Leaving it connected won't charge it any more. It's perfectly OK to leave it connected so it can charge overnight.
Here's the battery FAQ for more details: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=62018#16 "
I know that mine says "Fully Charged" when its full and from this info it stops charging.

Here are some Qs from that link.

Question: Do I need to completely empty the battery before charging it, and does doing this prevent the so-called "memory effect"?

Answer: You don't need to empty the battery before charging it. Lithium-based batteries, like those used in iPod, have none of the memory effects seen in nickel-based rechargeable batteries.

Question: Should I leave iPod connected to the charger or in the dock whenever I'm not using it?

Answer: The battery stops charging when it's full. Leaving it connected won't charge it any more. It's perfectly OK to leave it connected so it can charge overnight, for example.

Question: Is it better to empty the battery before charging it, or can I charge it whenever it's convenient?
Answer: You can charge iPod's battery whenever it's convenient.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Has anyone used the secondary input for like a DVD player or whatnot? How will that work? Thanks.

I just bought the stupid PAC-AII2 crap a few days ago. I may still go with this and just sell the PAC for a loss to someone who doesnt have an ipod. Please let me know how the 2nd input works. Thanks

Jason

Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
An Army of One...
Well I havent used it yet.. but reading the manual, it says that you set the dip switch to use the aux input and it selected by selecting DISK 6 on the factory changer controls. I am going to be getting the tvandnavtogo PNP box and a PSTwo soon, so I will post an update then.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:20 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Also..what holder are you guys getting? same holder on the discountcarstero link provided previuosly?

Old 03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Real_G, thanks for the info man! I really appreciate the information.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Im not using a holder. I routed my wires up into the center storage area. I leave my Ipod on random, so I have no reason to every fiddle with it. Out of site to all.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
^i thought about doing that, but the center storage area gets very hot when driving. The ipod was not created to withstand car temperatures in general, not to mention the extremely hot temperatures of that storage compartment.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't have OEM navi -- so I think the iPod could totally go in the navi screen compartment.

Have an iPod dock attached to a contraption that would work like a retractable ballpoint pen. You push down on the iPod, which pushes down on springs until it clicks; it stays down so you can close the door to the compartment.

Push again and it pops up so you can view what you are doing on the iPod.

Thoughts? It's feasible, yes??!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by imagine
I don't have OEM navi -- so I think the iPod could totally go in the navi screen compartment.

Thoughts? It's feasible, yes??!
Indeed, found it!

http://www.g35ipod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55

Old 10-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Where do you guys mount the interface?

TIA

Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
wow..theres a whole site/forum dedicated to g35's with ipods? lol the internet has everything these days!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Xman
Where do you guys mount the interface?

TIA
theres a space behind the radio assembly, just stuff it in there and run up the wire through the bottom or out the side of the radio (Like I did)

Old 10-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by enoreeriver
I installed the PA11-nis in my 06 MT coupe. I am going to borrow a picture from khsonic03

My car does not have nav or sat, but my car had all 4 plugs in use when I pulled the blose out. So, there was a plug already plugged into where I have drawn the blue arrow, and there was a plug where I have drawn the red arrow. I figured out that I could plug the interface into the red arrow plug and then the original factory plug went back into the femal plug of the PA11-NIS.

But, back to that blue arrow. The bottom line is that I had to unplug the factory wires that were there and they are no longer plugged into anything.
Is this OK? I am hoping that it was prewiring for SAT, which I don't have and don't want to have, so it is no big deal. Everything seems to be working including the steering wheel controls....it freaked out when I tried to hold the next track switch down hoping it would fast forward through the song. I had to cut the car off for several minutes to get it to finally reset.

This install is by no means simple. Those trim pieces are fragile and there is plenty of opportunity to fsuc up your interior. Be sure to either remove the shift plate completely or cover it up with a cloth. Be sure to cover the face of your radio while you have it flipped upside down to plug in the wires.
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the red arrow connector? Long story but I pulled mine apart and have to reconstruct it. Arrrrrrrrrrgh....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ipod Hook Up Usa Spec Pa11–nis And Pro Clip