Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Upgrading sound system and keeping stock HU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 PM
_
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I seem to cant get mine to work properly. Subs sounds weird and doesnt sound how it suppose to sound like. Subs works fine on other car but not this time. Everything seems to be connected correctly. Any mistakes should be pointed out? The LOC was installed by a stereo place called Frequency.

LINE OUTPUT CONVERTOR.

LINE OUTPUT CONVERTOR CONNECTED TO AMP.

Ground, Power REM, +12V(in order)

and btw my friend had this before and he said it was banging normal how subs should of been.

i try mixing up the subs wires and try to get it work. And also tried to mix up the Red and White wire as well and still had no luck

Old 02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Take a look at the link I posted one page back. Your LOC could be tied into the wrong color wires. There is about 20 wires back there so it would have been easy for them to splice into the wrong ones. And they change color depending on what year and trim! Also they should be spliced before the factory amp not after. Maybe your problem lays there. Or just check the basics. Check all fuses and connections. Make sure you amp power light is coming on. Not sure where your REM wire is running off of. If your amp isnt turning on, The Rem wire could be your problem. I ran my REM off of the aux power sig lighter in the front dash.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by ___
I seem to cant get mine to work properly. Subs sounds weird and doesnt sound how it suppose to sound like. Subs works fine on other car but not this time. Everything seems to be connected correctly. Any mistakes should be pointed out? The LOC was installed by a stereo place called Frequency.

LINE OUTPUT CONVERTOR.

LINE OUTPUT CONVERTOR CONNECTED TO AMP.

Ground, Power REM, +12V(in order)

and btw my friend had this before and he said it was banging normal how subs should of been.

i try mixing up the subs wires and try to get it work. And also tried to mix up the Red and White wire as well and still had no luck

This has been rehashed in another thread. Your problem is that you're tapping a signal screwed over by the Bose amp, or if your LOC is connected before the amp, it's because you're using a headunit with balanced signals and an amp that can't handle them. The reason it works in other cars is because those headunits output unbalanced signals.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone put aftermarket speakers and amp with a bose HU and had it sound good? Also has anyone tried this?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXEH...h=h660&tp=6870

Last edited by Tyler285; 03-28-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

^ It all depends on the amp, whether or not it takes a differential-balanced signal. If it takes the signal, it'll sound good. If not, it'll sound bad.

That device is for tuning an audio system, not converting the signal, so it won't help at all.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sud

Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i plan to change the stock speakers that came with Bose System. Is it a good idea? I will also be putting a new sub.

What are good options for compos up front and tweeters?

Do i have to make any changes while replacing the speakers?

thank you

Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by g35_white
i plan to change the stock speakers that came with Bose System. Is it a good idea? I will also be putting a new sub.

What are good options for compos up front and tweeters?

Do i have to make any changes while replacing the speakers?

thank you
Did you read the first post?

In summary: If you're looking to upgrade the stock bose sound system, the speakers are the least responsible for the poor audio quality. Replacing the bose amp will go a long, long, long way towards improving the sound quality. So long as that amp is being used, nothing you do will really do anything to upgrade it.

Now, assuming you're going ahead with it anyway:
What is your budget?
What music do you listen to? (This is not a social question. Replying "everything" will get you punched.)

You'll need something to increase the standoff of the speakers from the doors. You can modify the stock ones, but if you consider your time to be worth any money, or don't have much experience in modifying stuff, just pick up some spacers from zenclosures:
http://www.zenclosures.com/Nissan_In...infinitisp.htm

Other than that, it's a pretty easy swap.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Did you read the first post?

In summary: If you're looking to upgrade the stock bose sound system, the speakers are the least responsible for the poor audio quality. Replacing the bose amp will go a long, long, long way towards improving the sound quality. So long as that amp is being used, nothing you do will really do anything to upgrade it.

Now, assuming you're going ahead with it anyway:
What is your budget?
What music do you listen to? (This is not a social question. Replying "everything" will get you punched.)

You'll need something to increase the standoff of the speakers from the doors. You can modify the stock ones, but if you consider your time to be worth any money, or don't have much experience in modifying stuff, just pick up some spacers from zenclosures:
http://www.zenclosures.com/Nissan_In...infinitisp.htm

Other than that, it's a pretty easy swap.
Well, i didn't read the first post. I just read some stuff about LOC but it all went over my head. So its suggested that one should change the amp. In that case, what's most preferred one?

I listen to Radio most of the time and while i am on CD, i listen to Bollywood (Indian) Songs which focus more on bass which i prefer. Apart from that, i listen to hip hop, R&B, Electronic. I prefer punchy bass. Right now its there, but there is too much rattle from back too. I need to get good dampers too. Please suggest.

thank you

Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I just want to keep my Head Unit and upgrade my front door speakers with a good component. Ditch the rear and possibly add a small sub in the rear.what should i do?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Refer back to post #129 (two posts previous to yours). Perfect reply for your question

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (04-25-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I have a non-premium car!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
When it comes to Audio, its like it just flies right over my head! I have no idea what to do, I need a hands on experience to understand how to do it!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Since you have non-premium, install a line-output converter right under the stock stereo, run RCAs from it to an amp (you could fit a small one under the passenger seat) and then run the amplified signal from the amp back to the speaker wires you spliced into when you ran them to the LOC under the stereo.

So instead of:
Stereo ===== Speakers
it goes
Stereo === LOC === AMP === Speakers

The following users liked this post:
Hotdawwgman (04-28-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading sound system and keeping stock HU