Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Eclipse AVN-5500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Oh; and please tell me what shop you work with/own. I will paypal you a few "bucks" if you PM me w/ what shop you work with.

Originally Posted by Pearl05G
Oh and Please tell me who the seller is. Ill even paypal you a few bucks if you PM me the serial number.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work with my own, whats your point? I own/run a business, I never tried to hide or deny that.

If you already have (or on its way) the unit, how would this affect you? Theres no need for the sarcasm, I just asked a simple question that shouldnt have any impact on your purchase.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:14 AM
I have an AVN5435 and have had no problems, but I do know when they first came out there were a lot of issues and some had to be sent in for servicing.

BTW goodbye: i didn't pay $400 more. I bought mine from an authorized dealer for about 200 more than the CHEAPEST one on ebay, and I got 3 year warranty and theft protection. If the whole car is stolen Insurance will cover the HU and if just the HU is stolen Eclipse will cover it with no deductible.

Stop being salty cause your HU is being sold by a shady dealer who is breaking the release date. Sounds like a scenario where you are more likely to get a defective HU =]

I still wish you good luck with your purchase and install.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I believe the 5500 has already been released. Crutchfield has it on their website in stock, and I believe that they are an authorized dealer. Retail $1699.99 plus tax (around $100) so $1800 total on the high side. On ebay they are going for around $1450 with shipping. So your looking at a $300-350 dollar differance for the coverage... now do you have to have the unit installed by the dealer to get the warrenty?

Last edited by vchang; 03-09-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Why is this thread turning into a debate about where I bought the product from? I was just trying to offer some information to help vchang? Seriously; I'm totally happy about my purchase and I wasn't salty at all; even though you and pearl started making comments. Thanks for wishing me luck; I will post pics once everything is up and running. It is arriving on Monday; so I'll probably have it in by next weekend.

Pearl: If you don't like disclosing info about your shop; why do you ask for info about other shops? I wasn't being sarcastic at all...

Originally Posted by BigSash
I have an AVN5435 and have had no problems, but I do know when they first came out there were a lot of issues and some had to be sent in for servicing.

BTW goodbye: i didn't pay $400 more. I bought mine from an authorized dealer for about 200 more than the CHEAPEST one on ebay, and I got 3 year warranty and theft protection. If the whole car is stolen Insurance will cover the HU and if just the HU is stolen Eclipse will cover it with no deductible.

Stop being salty cause your HU is being sold by a shady dealer who is breaking the release date. Sounds like a scenario where you are more likely to get a defective HU =]

I still wish you good luck with your purchase and install.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes; it is already out in the U.S. I don't know what all this talk about next month ETA is. I believe to keep the factory warranty you have to have an authorized distributor install it....someone correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by vchang
I believe the 5500 has already been released. Crutchfield has it on their website in stock, and I believe that they are an authorized dealer. Retail $1699.99 plus tax (around $100) so $1800 total on the high side. On ebay they are going for around $1450 with shipping. So your looking at a $300-350 dollar differance for the coverage... now do you have to have the unit installed by the dealer to get the warrenty?

Old 03-09-2006, 12:39 PM
If you purchase from authorized dealer you get 1 year warranty.

If you purchase from authorized dealer and have installation done by an authorized installer then you get 3 years.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by goodbye evo8

Pearl: If you don't like disclosing info about your shop; why do you ask for info about other shops? I wasn't being sarcastic at all...

Not a problem at all...

Unexpected Creations LLC
25 Wisteria St
Edison NJ 08817
732-572-1969

Your turn?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSash
If you purchase from authorized dealer you get 1 year warranty.

If you purchase from authorized dealer and have installation done by an authorized installer then you get 3 years.
Remember that that info, Sash, was valid through February.

It is now 1 year regardless, but some kind of extra-special overnight exchange through the dealer.

That's so Circuit can sell ESPs...

Old 03-11-2006, 01:21 AM
To your surprise Circuit City will be carrying Eclipse. I went to my local dealer on Tuesday about adding speakers, sub box and amp from Eclipse. He said that they are carrying only the Avn units instock, all else has to be special ordered because Eclipse is only carrying a 1yr warranty on purchased and installed units . The ESN time frame has dropped also. They went with ciruit city because they sell additional warranties. My dealer refused to do this because they already carry a 3year warranty so why charge your customers extra. this all sounds like business politics but as far as I know Eclipse will be carried at Circuit city. I just hope the quality doesn't go down. Tweeter had dropped them because Eclipse couldn't fill the orders to meet their demand, I wonder how they will do it for CC. I am going to call on Tues to confirm this warranty thing.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
To your surprise Circuit City will be carrying Eclipse. I went to my local dealer on Tuesday about adding speakers, sub box and amp from Eclipse. He said that they are carrying only the Avn units instock, all else has to be special ordered because Eclipse is only carrying a 1yr warranty on purchased and installed units . The ESN time frame has dropped also. They went with ciruit city because they sell additional warranties. My dealer refused to do this because they already carry a 3year warranty so why charge your customers extra. this all sounds like business politics but as far as I know Eclipse will be carried at Circuit city. I just hope the quality doesn't go down. Tweeter had dropped them because Eclipse couldn't fill the orders to meet their demand, I wonder how they will do it for CC. I am going to call on Tues to confirm this warranty thing.

As of Feb 28th its One year regardless installed or not. ESN is still one year theft coverage which has Not changed. Without going into great detail alot of the reasoning behind Eclipse dropping the warranty down makes alot of sense. Alothough the majority of us dealers know it was to accomodate CC. To add to that WAY to many consumers happen to "have problems" within the last month or two of their 3 year warranty forcing an 'upgrade'. In which case dealers are losing money on shipping, Eclipse is losing inventory and all because people took advantage of a good thing. Time and time again this had happened and it became more of a loss than gain.

BTW CC inventory all depends which store you go to. Most of them are stocking All of the HUs, not just the AVNs.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
goodbye evo8 your PM box is full bro.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Will they be carrying all the amps and speakers, and do they special order if not?

Do you offer these units?

Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
I guess then that Eclipse would send out a new unit rather than repair the original. Still, if Eclipse would add 50 to 100 and keep this 3yr policy I would pay it.

Although at this point I would rather just buy it from a dealer and install it myself. Too many problems in the past with installers messing up my vehicle. I had a kick panel cracked, various points on the int. pieces scratched. From now on I will be installing myself. I only had them do it for the 3yr warranty on the unit.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:08 PM
If you get it installed by an authorized person, you get 3 years but if it breaks....you have to pay for them to remove it and re-istall it. They would have to send it back to eclipse not give you another one in it's place and you would either be car less or sound less for however many days. This information came from CarToys. I guess if it's a what 300 dollar install and you're willing to bite the bullet for another 300 if it breaks than it's okay but then again, you can buy an extended warranty and do it yourself and if it breaks at least you know how to undo what you did and when you go and sell your car you don't have to bring it back to the installer when you can do it yourself and save another 300 there.

I'm done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eclipse AVN-5500