Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

OEM Disc Player Stuck!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sko
actually, i have decided to return the class for an 80gb ipod video.

does anyone know any quality differences between the two? surprisingly, i read online regarding on how 'bad' the sound is coming from a classic compared to the 5.5 gen?
Yeah, i thought about that also, but the classic is my first ipod, and i want the latest one, nice user interface.... but yeah the downside is big, no videos ... im still hoping for an ipod update to change that. A lot of people is complaining. And the sound out on the classic is not bad at all, dunno about the 5th gen.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Thumbs up Very nice

Snavematt:

I'm thinking about getting the same system. I know you need the Metra 99-7604 DD kit but do you need any extra connectors to make it work with the D3 or the kit has all the neccessary connectors?

You can PM if possible.

Thanks

Thinhdle

Old 09-25-2007, 04:46 PM
just a sedan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM sent

Old 09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Thumbs up PM received

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll look into it.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
sko
Originally Posted by octupus23
Yeah, i thought about that also, but the classic is my first ipod, and i want the latest one, nice user interface.... but yeah the downside is big, no videos ... im still hoping for an ipod update to change that. A lot of people is complaining. And the sound out on the classic is not bad at all, dunno about the 5th gen.
we're pretty much on the same boat here~ the classic is also the first ipod i bought and its purpose is to play mp3s and videos in the car..

i wonder when is the update gonna come out, since the $49 apple cable is still not in the market yet.. and even if i do purchase it in the furture, will it work with our navigations?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by sko
we're pretty much on the same boat here~ the classic is also the first ipod i bought and its purpose is to play mp3s and videos in the car..

i wonder when is the update gonna come out, since the $49 apple cable is still not in the market yet.. and even if i do purchase it in the furture, will it work with our navigations?

Im not sure if there is an update to change that at all ... i hope so. But, I have the ipod connected to the D3 trough the CD-i200, is there another cable coming out? or is that an apple cable for the dock, if is that i doubt it will work with the d3... but something is going to be done by a third party, im sure

Old 09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
sko
Originally Posted by octupus23
Im not sure if there is an update to change that at all ... i hope so. But, I have the ipod connected to the D3 trough the CD-i200, is there another cable coming out? or is that an apple cable for the dock, if is that i doubt it will work with the d3... but something is going to be done by a third party, im sure

hopefully~ but dispite the fact that the video-out is blocked, the songs are played with no problems right?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by sko
hopefully~ but dispite the fact that the video-out is blocked, the songs are played with no problems right?
Yeah, songs with no problems at all, and from the videos you can still get the sound, so you can listen to your favorite movie while you drive and text at the same time. lol

Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I got this ****ty problem too. 2003 67k miles. I don't want to replace it because who knows if it will happen again. I'm gonna have to look for an aftermarket unit and with a DD that's gonna be a bee-yotch.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
yea just happened to my car...it should be under warrenty...so yea...go get it fixed...****ing sucks...they told me i cant put burned cds in..then i told em..it says mp3 player...so you need to burn mp3s onto a burnt cd...dumb asses...cuz they dont sell mp3 cds

Old 09-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
yea just happened to my car...it should be under warrenty...so yea...go get it fixed...****ing sucks...they told me i cant put burned cds in..then i told em..it says mp3 player...so you need to burn mp3s onto a burnt cd...dumb asses...cuz they dont sell mp3 cds
LOLOLOLOLOL

That's funny!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Yepp just happened to my car, not sure if I'm still under warranty, I have that extended warranty though...

Not sure exactly what it covers... but when I went to get my brakes done they said I no longer had warranty >36K...

Can somebody clarify? I thought I had maybe 5 year 60K extended?

Old 12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
where is a lawyer when you need one. i mean come on bose! infiniti! i thought quality. i guessed wrong "cd err fo"

Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a piece of shiznit. ive had problems with it twice and only got to replace it once since my warranty is over.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok so I have the same problem as well, and I tried holding the eject button down until it spit back cd's at me, but that didn't work. I can hear it try to eject the cd's or something for the first 20 seconds or so and it just stops even though I am holding down the eject button. This sucks because I just ran out of warranty just few months back, and now I am being forced to replace it for $650!!!!

Does anyone know where I can get it replaced by some after market place or so in Southern California?

Last edited by surfshadow; 12-29-2007 at 08:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Disc Player Stuck!!!!!