Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Information re: alarms (clifford)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually considered driving out to Oregon to have el_duderino do my alarm install.... until I mapquested it and found it out was going to take 48 hours to get there This is why cloning should be legal

Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy to help!

Now hit up amthar for the cheat sheet : )

Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caelric, if you are looking for competent installers may I reccommend Installtech in Waipio. They installed the clifford allarm in my g35 and Im very happy. I had tons of questions and they patiently answered each one. Jesse was even able to incorporate the window up/down function without making me purchase "window modules." Every other place I went to said that is only possible if I buy the modules. I think he only charged me the cost of the relays. Excellent people and great installers.
I dont work there, just very happy with the job they did!

Old 03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Depending on how they did window rollup, I might have agreed with the other guys... do you have safety in there? If you roll the window all the way down and then roll them up with the remote, and press on top of the window with your hand, does the window stop?

Old 03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Another question. Whats your opinion on some of the 2-way pager alarms, such as this Compustar alarm or other 2-way pager alarms?

A gimmick, or worth it?

Dave

Old 03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I just went outside to check and it doesnt. Should I be concerned? It only rolls up when I arm the alarm. Windows should be free from any obstructions when Im walking away and arming it... What type of situation would involve this safety feature? Thanks for any feedback.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by aenokea
What type of situation would involve this safety feature?

Someone's 2 year old kid's arm caught in the window.

One could, of course, argue that the little brat shouldn't stick his arm in the window in the first place, and if he is messing with your G, he serves to have his arm chopped off, but thats a rather extreme view.

Dave

Old 03-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by caelric
Someone's 2 year old kid's arm caught in the window.

One could, of course, argue that the little brat shouldn't stick his arm in the window in the first place, and if he is messing with your G, he serves to have his arm chopped off, but thats a rather extreme view.

Dave
I guess that could be cause for concern. I'll just make sure its clear when I arm it.
Off topic, I saw your car pc project and that looks good! I also live in Kaneohe and would like to see it sometime when you're free. I was thinking of trying something like that but was discouraged after seeing how difficult it is. The computer part I can do, its integrating it into the car that is daunting.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 PM
It's actually pretty easy. Running the wires is the most difficult part; along the right side of my G, in the door sill, I have a 0 gauge power cable, 2 12 gauge sets of speaker wire, a VGA display cable, 2 USB cables, a bass boost control cable, and varous other small gauge activation and switch wires. It's a mess. You can't tell anything is there, though, since the sill is over it and I replaced all the interior parts pretty carefully.

Anyways, you are welcome to stop by sometime and take a look. I'm home most weekends, but not during the week. Shoot me a PM and let me know when you want to come by.

Dave