Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

We are putting together a package right now - basically if you buy both modules you will get free shipping. It should save about $13. Dan is the only person in the world who has one of my VDC modules installed. I decided that it was a mod that I did not need in my car, although I think I am going to eventually put on in just for demo/testing.

Ron (Korz) and my day went wonderfully today. Everything worked perfect in his G35X. All 4 windows worked and he chose to go with a modified version of the door locking system, as he always keeps his doors locked. The modfied part included taking the delay out so instead of waiting 6 seconds they instantaniously lock when you start the car. It is a shame not more people could have participated, but we had fun anyway!

Anyone want to buy my Borla headers? I bought them about 4 months ago and I have never installed them - I have all gaskets / hardware / paperwork. $550 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Can I try to sell things here? hehe

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

Old 05-08-2004, 10:15 PM
DED
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I'll be waiting for you to let us know when they're available.

Anyone else roll down the windows with the keyfob, then forget to turn off the alarm (by unlocking the door with the remote) before you open the door? Quite embarrasing.

Daniel - the PC-ZT is awesome. I could drive around all day in first gear at 5K rpm just to listen to the sound.

I didn't have the AC line problem because it is caused by the PC heat shield bracket being too long.

I left the heat shield off because my VQ likes it hot.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. What Honey? I don't know where they came from. I came home and it was like that...

Old 05-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Everything worked perfect in his G35X. All 4 windows worked ...

<hr></blockquote>
Was the RAP disabled in the G35X so that the doors would automatically unlock when the ignition was turned off? Or did you prefer to manually unlock them? Is there a chance for any other work-around for auto operation - other than disabling RAP?

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 05-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Banned

He chose to manually unlock the doors each time he wanted out. Without RAP disabled there is NO way to unlock the doors when you shut of the car. And, since i think disabling RAP is a terrible idea just to make a module work the modules won't ship with the necesarry hardware or software to make it work. I view the door locking as an added bonus to the module, its basically just a sideshow though.

Auto door locking should be speed based, not time. It should also unlock the doors. That is why I am planning on making a dedicated module to acomplish this task. Everything is there to make it happen, I just need a little time!

Anyone else ever hear this - "Showing up at 11:30 P.M. does not count as spending Saturday evening with me!"

Seriously though, I was only 4.5 hours late.... Girls!

Kevin

Old 05-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

...the modules won't ship with the necesarry hardware or software to make it work. I view the door locking as an added bonus to the module, its basically just a sideshow though.

<hr></blockquote>

Are you saying there will not be a door-unlocking function in the module? If so, this is a big disappointment and a change to what you had said before! I actually regarded the door lock/unlock capability as the prime reason for the module, and the window thing as the side-show! (And I never make use of RAP).

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 AM

(Noremac) I too feel that the door-lock is the main feature of this module, but I mostly want the doors to stay locked. The windows-up feature is a very close second once you see it working (way cool). Right now the G35(X) opens like GM cars I've driven at work (have to search for the unlock latch before opening the door) and not like the FORD products (just pull the handle and get out). For safety, I think the doors should stay locked until I (or my wife) want to make one door handle pull and exit (as in FORD). Sitting in a car that has all the doors unlock when you pull out the key is un-nerving to me. Too bad the doors don't open like the FORD products do.

(Kevin) it's... it's... it's a miracle, everything works. The doors lock in 0.5 seconds; they stay locked until I safely feel like exiting; the windows roll-up on a double-lock pump; and if the battery ever gets unhooked, the default is for doors to lock when the module is given power, which can be toggled off with three pumps in five seconds & key in ignition.

Ron.

P.S. this car is a dream to drive for ten+ hours.
P.S.S. Just in case you're wondering how the car holds up. On the way back home, at I70W & I65N, the semi-truck to my right exploded his left-rear inner-tire and three foot of belts smashed into my passenger hood and windshield. After rubbing off the half dozen five-inch long black thread marks from the hood, I found three hair line scratches. Not bad considering the noise and excitment. Windshield looks ok too. My best to you guys, and safe motoring.

04 Diamond Graphite Sedan - 5AT / sunroof /
Deep Cut Rubber Floor Mats (Chicago Winters) /
PREORDER WINDOWS-UP MOD

Old 05-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Banned

Damn, sounds like an exciting trip home. Glad to hear everything is OK!

Kevin

Old 05-09-2004, 04:34 PM

hey Kevin, i'm a dentist i could have pulled your wisdoms for the price of the mods, hehe; just joking!!

Old 05-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Banned

My dentist won't do it... he referred me to the good ole oral surgeon. I can't wait! Please excuse any blood you may find on your mod!

Kevin

Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 PM
G SQUAD

Hey Kevin,

Any news on when those of us that are not near you can order there winow up mod??

if I didnt see it earlier please excuse me...but this has to be the longest thread in the automotive internet...LOL

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Banned

Yes, this thread is WAY too long. As soon as we start shipping the mods I will start a fresh thread. The module is finally considered done. No more changes will be made as far as I can see. I just need some time to build up a few more. I have about 15 right now so any day our site should open up.

Thanks for being patient,

Kevin

Old 05-13-2004, 10:14 AM

Any news? hehehe

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

Old 05-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I tried to read most of this post but I didn't find anything about this. Will this window roll up mod help in some way prevent the stock nature of the windows rolling down when the door lock is popped? I know most of you guys what I'm talking about and would not want our cars being broken into so easily.

Old 05-16-2004, 06:15 PM

I'm not absolutely sure what you're referring to. Are you saying if you say, stick a screwdriver in the lock cylinder and force it one way or the other, the windows will roll down? If so, I doubt this mod will help. This mod gets you windows up with the factory remote and automatic door locking on startup, if you want it.

And I hear the website may be open for business soon! That means remote window up and no more stupid VDC!!! WooHoo!!! I'm gonna be first in line. Hehehe...

2004.5 TB/Willow 6MT Coupe
Aluminum Pedals
BEL RX75 Pro Plus
K&N Hi-Flow

Old 05-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Banned

This mod won't fix that problem, but that problem is an easy fix! There is a wire that runs between the door lock cylinder and the power window controller (in the drivers door). If you cut that wire the windows will no longer drop when you turn the cylinder in the door, it won't unlock the passengers door, and it won't disarm the alarm. It seems stupid to me to leave the wire connected....

Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?