Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:28 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

wow!!...... is it bad i remember that song?

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe
Ground Kit / Z – Tube / Shock Sensor / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield
Clear Corners / L.E.D. Hood Lights / KPTech VDC Memory
KPTech OEM Remote Window Up / Invidia Exhaust

Old 08-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY! My door lock feature has stopped working. The window up function is still active, but no auto door lock any more. What gives?

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 PM
FGC President

did you disable it by any chance? thats weird that it would just stop. wheres kevin at?

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe

Old 08-19-2004, 02:17 PM

How do you disable it? I didn't take my door apart, nor did I remove the piece on the door like you did at the CFL Dyno Day?

How do you re-enable it?

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you hit lock 3 times right after you start the car to turn it on/off.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, limo tint, Phatbox 40g mp3 player

Old 08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The status of the Auto-locking feature is kept in Flash memory. Flash memory is votile, meaning if the unit loses power it defaults back to its default position - OFF. Did you disconnect the battery? I might end up switching it to EEPROM memory which the unit can retain even without power (thats how the VDC mod works).

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 08-19-2004, 07:19 PM

Just checked the manual and saw 3 pushes of the lock button within 6 seconds of starting the car. FYI, I never unplugged the battery, so hopefully the reset will work. It's easy enough so no big deal.

Actually, the dealership had my car in for a 3 fluid flush/change and every since I picked my car up I've noticed the locks have not worked. I wonder if the dealership did something while they were servicing my car?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
FGC President

the dealership might have disconnected it while they were doing that or something else to be on the safe side.

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe

Old 08-21-2004, 08:41 PM

Hey Kpierson,

How does the module work? I went to the website and I'm interested in getting one. But do you need to program anything on your remote?

I don't want to have to read all 50 pages lol.

Old 08-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Biggzy,

The module mounts in the drivers door. Only one module is needed for both windows. There are 5 wires to connect, and you don't have to cut any factory wires, just tap into them.

Once the module is installed if you hit the 'LOCK' button twice on the OEM remote, with about 1 second in between pulses, the windows will go all the way up. If, while the windows are going up, you hit the 'LOCK' button again they will stop, leaving them venting or saving the life of the neighbor cat that won't leave your G alone. We are working on updating the site right now, but we are all so busy!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 08-22-2004, 06:34 AM

Update: I reprogrammed the door lock feature and it's working fine now. Orlando Infiniti must have either removed my battery cable or they knew how to deactivate the door lock feature. I've heard rumors that Kevin was talking to Orlando Infiniti trying to sell his "module" to them, maybe they already know how to deactivate it???

Old 08-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Banned

Haha,

I've never talked to them before, but I was told that they are interested. I was thinking about it the other day, you said that they were changing fluids? Most likely they disconnected the battery to prevent any chance of someone accidently starting the car with hoses off or without fluid in it. It's a standard precautionary thing. Good to hear it's working as normal again!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 08-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Window MOD

I have a question about the window mod. For some reason my auto lock feature doesn’t always stay engaged. Every so often I have to redo the process of enabling it; I don’t know what is happening that it gets disabled. Now, what is the exact process of enabling it because sometimes I have to do it a few times for it to work?
Can you press the lock button on the door, or do you have to use the remote?
-------
Mike
'04 6Mt Diamond Graphite Coupe
Prem. / Aero / 18" Sport wheels / Trunk Mat / Alum. Pedals / 10% Tints / V1 /OEM Remote Window up mod <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by IllusiveG35C on 08/25/04 08:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Banned
Re: Window MOD

The window module auto-lock feature defaults to the OFF position. If the module loses power for any reason for any amount of time it will shut off the auto-lock feature. However, the module should NEVER lose power if it was installed correctly. Maybe your power or ground connections are loose? I have never heard of anyone else having this issue.

To enable the Auto-Lock turn the ignition on, and within 5 seconds press the door lock button three times (leaving about 1 second between pulses). Keep in mind that the Auto-Lock feature ONLY works on the G35 coupe, so its not really considered a big part of the module, just a little bonus. The development for the speed controlled door locking module will start in the very near future, I have all of the parts I just need to get some time to do the research. I'm looking for another feature to add into the speedcontrolled module, so it should be a pretty cool module.

Thanks,

Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.net

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 08-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Window MOD

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Keep in mind that the Auto-Lock feature ONLY works on the G35 coupe...

<hr></blockquote>
My module locks the doors just fine on my sedan install! This is why *I* bought it. What did you really mean? The window rollup feature is secondary for me. YMMV

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?