DIY: Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great stuff, thanks phresh and to all those who have contributed to this post. I've been waiting for an 06 G Coupe owner to brave this! Is there any danger that something might break when pulling out the panel? I'll be as careful as possible obviously but I know that in some cases, panels can be tricky and sometimes fragile. I would hate for the center dash to rattle or look misaligned.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey phresh, just checking, but you connected the two wires while also leaving both connected to the wiring harness right?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Correct

Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 AM
@phresh 5
Thanks for your DIY report.I also modded my 06 G in Germany and followed your steps.Everything works fine now.
The dash removal is not that difficult I also think it is very hard to damage any clips.but you have to be careful when removing the lower dash that you dont scratch your display but thats all.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Just did this conversion yesterday. Took about the half hour like everyone has stated. Its clean, easy and im very happy with the results.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Just completed the conversion on my 2007 coupe.. works great! took me about 30 mins to complete and reinstall everthing back.

Thanks guys for the awsome DIY

Old 11-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Nin
Finally got around to doing it! Was very simple with Phresh's instructions. Didn't break anything either haha

Cheers!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
AWESOME WRITEUP!! thanks riceburnr.... i was googlin this for so long, didn't know it the answer was right here!!!

Very easy mod, a simple wire connection causes it to do this? i can't believe it.. i wish the 06-07 radio can be easily fitted with a simple mod like this.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all contributors!

I took phresh's instructions for 2006 coupe one step further and reduced the cost of part to mere 40 cents. Well, to be more precise, I spent $2.14 including tax for a set of 5 tap wire splicers but used only one of them. The only difference from the original set of instruction is that I replaced soldering with a splice tap. I had to run a drill bit through it to make two wire pass through it. By original design, it terminates the tap wire but obviously I needed it to run through.

Here are some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/evolvah/...eat=directlink

I have to admit that this approach is somewhat harder to revert but it is doable within a few minuted by destroying the tap splicer.

Those more comfortable with metric system, enjoy

Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi, I have posted in another thread already about this subject, but I was wondering how well this wiring mod has worked, like has anybody exprienced any problems after doing this? Im not very good at stuff like this, and am worried about messing S**t up in the car. I m looking to buy an American G, but i dont like the Fahrenheit display and I know its gonna bug me...would the dealer do this conversion, or is there a way of resetting the display? thanks

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
with any general knowledge of wiring this mod is VERY easy. if you know how to strip a wire, solder or splice 2 wires together you will be laughing. Hardest part is removing the display off the dash, atleast that was with me. The dealer will charge you an arm and a leg. I say spend the hour, and save yourself 100-200$

Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GiLLG35
Hi, I have posted in another thread already about this subject, but I was wondering how well this wiring mod has worked, like has anybody exprienced any problems after doing this? Im not very good at stuff like this, and am worried about messing S**t up in the car. I m looking to buy an American G, but i dont like the Fahrenheit display and I know its gonna bug me...would the dealer do this conversion, or is there a way of resetting the display? thanks
I've had mine in for about 3 years with 0 problems.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Milosch
with any general knowledge of wiring this mod is VERY easy. if you know how to strip a wire, solder or splice 2 wires together you will be laughing. Hardest part is removing the display off the dash, atleast that was with me. The dealer will charge you an arm and a leg. I say spend the hour, and save yourself 100-200$
Moreover, dealer is likely to refuse to perform modifications that are not authorized by the manufacturer. It is a liability issue.

I have my mod for about a month and it works just fine.

The trickiest part is putting the bezel around the display so that there is no gap or misaligned panels. I took somebody's hint and put the top and bottom parts together before putting it in. After 3-4 attempts I was able to put flush.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 PM
so me my brother and my buddy jus did the mod and its fantastic, and only took about half hour to do, thanks guys! I had my G for a week now and I'm loving it more and more everyday!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm about to do this on my car, just wanted to make sure I understood it right......if someone could tell me if the pic attached shows the right idea of what need to happen....thanks guys Name:  CelciusConversion.bmp
Views: 2044
Size:  94.6 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversion