Old 11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an '04 with brembos.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aleok
Well i did take off the spacers and all the lights went off. so it is the spacers or brackets that are causing the problem. i really don't see a easy fix for this. if its a problem of not being close enough to the hub, SPC will have to make a whole bunch of new brackets. because these can't be modded to go closer unless you grind off part of your car that holds the brackets, to get it closer. i wonder why each bracket has a specific side. if all the brackets do it rotate the sensor 90 deg. then either brackets could really be used.
I think this is significant.

It shows that installing the spacer did cause the problem. It's a perfect A-B-A test. Installing the spacer makes the lights go on. Uninstalling the spacer makes the lights go back off.

I wonder if anyone has an '05 or '06 where installing the spacers works correctly (no lights)? Does anyone have an '03 or '04 where the spacer installation does not work correctly?

aleok is correct. It is important for everyone with this problem to call Peter at IAP so that he and SPC can isolate the problem.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a difference in brake rotor sizes and calipers between non-Brembo 03-04 and 05-06. I wonder if that may make a difference.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
since Aznteazer has an 04 with brembos, and i have 05 w/out, then we just found out that its not a "year" problem, as i had thought. now i don't know what Peter or the SPC guys can do.

i wonder if any 350Z guys are having the problem.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Does anyone have an '03 or '04 where the spacer installation does not work correctly?
I do but i got brembos.

I duno how to make a poll, but someone shud start one to see who has the kit, with spacers, and if it works correctly or not, but it seems like we're the only ones with the kit, installed, and doesnt work correctly.

Anyone local here in So. Cal. LA?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I have an 05 6mt. It has been a fun couple of days in the rain with no traction control.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:19 PM
anyone got any updates? Peter what do you think now that we know some of the 04 w/ brembos have the same problem?

Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 PM
i hope a new bracket fitted for watever model you have could just solve this problem already. didn't know driving w/o abs makes such a difference. i like the camber kit tho otherwise.

how much camber do u get without the spacers?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:08 AM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Does anyone has this problem wit there spc a arms.... when going over a lil small bump does ur kit hit the top of ur fender wall? Mine did...thats why i heard so much clicking noise after the install. when i took it back to the installer they said they couldnt fix this problem. Another g35 that they installed wit da spc a arms had the same problem. but to make things better for my car they just stiffed up the d spec. Which helped alot

Old 11-10-2006, 12:10 AM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
O yeah..when going in reverse does the ABS comes on n drop the brakes on all ur wheels when going in R? Only happens some times. When it does happen the car starts rattling =( I think this has something to do wit those hub spacers they give. The installer told me this cannot be fixed. =(

Last edited by richboy; 11-10-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
^ yea i have both problems. i don't really mind the camber arms hitting the fenders, i assume its becasue i'm so low, and can't really be help. it just make me drive very carefully. yea i turned up the stiffness on my coils to help.

its weird when in R, sometime when i'm first leaving my street, and brake stightly, the brakes "act up" and make a weird noise. (when i had the spacers on).

Aznteazer- have you spoken with peter resently? we're all getting new brackets?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:31 AM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
When i talked to my installer he said that i should have gotten the kusco front a -arms. He said out of all the front a arms he installed on the G jusco was the best. Had Zero problems and the all the cars were within spec after alignment.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by aleok

Aznteazer- have you spoken with peter resently? we're all getting new brackets?
no i was just hoping. lol. my camber arms aren't hitting anything at least.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 AM
i don't think cusco has enough range, for a huge drop. i would need SPL or SPC.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by richboy
Does anyone has this problem wit there spc a arms.... when going over a lil small bump does ur kit hit the top of ur fender wall? Mine did...thats why i heard so much clicking noise after the install. when i took it back to the installer they said they couldnt fix this problem. Another g35 that they installed wit da spc a arms had the same problem. but to make things better for my car they just stiffed up the d spec. Which helped alot

Mine are hitting too. This is the most irritating thing for me as I expect the ABS thing to get solved eventually. I'm thinking about replacing my D-specs with Koni's so I can raise the front up a notch, but I'm not sure yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SPC A-Arm installation