Definitive Advice on Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:24 PM
dR6
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitive Advice on Springs?

Hey guys. I'm interested in dropping my G w/ the stock 19" rims and have been doing quite a bit of research on which springs to choose.

I'm looking for a purely cosmetic purpose that will retain as much ride comfort as possible (w/ no change in camber). I would like just a subtle drop of about 1".

I've read differing drop rates on the Tein S-Tech and Tein H-Tech. On the Tein website, the H-Tech should be about -1.2" and -0.9" but on everythingG35.com, they rate it at a 1.5" drop. I hear that the Espilir is also another popular option. Also, the Tein-H's for the 350Z seem to be popular too. Which to choose??

I ultimately don't want any changes in camber. I'd like to just get it aligned and just go! I've been quoted about $250 for an install. Does that sound about fair?

Old 07-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at the suspension FAQ for spring rate info. Most likely if you don't want much drop go with 04+ revised springs, or Htech for the g35

Old 07-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dR6
Hey guys. I'm interested in dropping my G w/ the stock 19" rims and have been doing quite a bit of research on which springs to choose.

I'm looking for a purely cosmetic purpose that will retain as much ride comfort as possible (w/ no change in camber). I would like just a subtle drop of about 1".

I've read differing drop rates on the Tein S-Tech and Tein H-Tech. On the Tein website, the H-Tech should be about -1.2" and -0.9" but on everythingG35.com, they rate it at a 1.5" drop. I hear that the Espilir is also another popular option. Also, the Tein-H's for the 350Z seem to be popular too. Which to choose??

I ultimately don't want any changes in camber. I'd like to just get it aligned and just go! I've been quoted about $250 for an install. Does that sound about fair?
1" drop means your car will not align to be within oem camber specs, as it is now with the 350Z H-tech's dropping you .8/.7" a certain amount of owner's on those springs report they could not align the car to specs either. So either commit to being ok with the camber specs being a bit out of spec or pick less of a drop. That being said, it has been my experience that running stiffer sway bars does help limit inside tire wear. Meaning your choices do open up if your willing to run the car a bit out of spec camber wise.

Espelir coupe springs run a awfull lot of spring stiffness. Even though they are progressive, the shocks do not have enough power to deal with their peak rates, your not going to have suffecient dampning power, even though you coupe does have the sports suspension's stiffer shocks. I would only run them with Tokico D-specs. These do drop just 10mm, which would be perfect for your desire to avoid messing with the oem alignment specs. They are still more spring then I'd run with oem shocks though.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lots of diffence between mediocre inside the wide broad range for brand new warranty and a precise equal correct side to side number...........-0.7 +- 0.1 on both front sides.

Any lowering will usally increase negative camber by ~~0.8 degrees per 1.0 inch of lowering.............as you slide down the camber gain curve.

Also bump steer curve will shift downward so you will need to correct this by spacing the tie rod end down an equal amount to the lowering.