GTSpec Aluminum Mid Chassis Reenforcement Brace for G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to GTSpec it fits the coupe but not the sedan.
Do you still have it?
I know I an not threaded but as long as the holes line up I don't care. Even if the holes are too small I would just enlarge them.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:27 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I was able to return it to GTSPEC. The holes on the underbody do not line up with the 4 point chassis brace on my 2003 sedan. The holes were also too small to fit the adaptor into. If the coupe if different, you guys are so lucky!

Old 07-28-2006, 09:00 PM
which part did you say fit the sedan again?

Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Anybody have any info on if these braces actually do anything? It's not intuitively clear that the structure needs any reinforcement at these points, so I'm curious why everyone is anxious to slap one on.

Last edited by MechEE; 07-28-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:37 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I got noticable improvement when driving the twisties at high speed. I recommend them highy. If you don't have a rear sway bar upgrade, that should be high on your list as well. I was really hoping to get the 4 point brace....

Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
Anybody have any info on if these braces actually do anything? It's not intuitively clear that the structure needs any reinforcement at these points, so I'm curious why everyone is anxious to slap one on.

I agree.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
MEchee stop relying on your intuition on try to comment on what you've actually tried. These things make a massive difference in tortional rigidity. This car, intuititively, is not the most rigid platform out there. Come in here and try to discredit the effort of those who have tried something that you haven't and I'll punk you out on every single post.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
MEchee stop relying on your intuition on try to comment on what you've actually tried. These things make a massive difference in tortional rigidity. This car, intuititively, is not the most rigid platform out there. Come in here and try to discredit the effort of those who have tried something that you haven't and I'll punk you out on every single post.
Time and time again you punk yourself with your lack of comprehension. I'll try and re-iterate what I said in case it helps (though I suspect the third time's a charm): I simply asked for any info people had on what sort of difference these braces actually made, and did not suggest that they did or did not work, only that it was not intuitively obvious that they were needed. For the comic relief of the group, please share with us your anecdotal mechanical insights as to why our cars are so intuitively lacking in rigidity, and how these bars so clearly solve this problem.

Last edited by MechEE; 08-03-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:02 PM
How about you eat your mom and try the things you say don't work..punk. If you read what I've written on the suspension board, you'll see my comments as well as many others.

I'm not a mechanic or an engineer so WTF should I give 2 ***** about your wanting mechanical insights from me? I've offered my take with easy to understand words. If you need more TRY THEM YOURSELF. When textbooks take over the fun of modding, that's when you must be taking things too seriously.

If you can't afford to make a mistake modding once in a while you should either buy a cheaper car or never mod the one you have. Suggesting every mod that you haven't tried should be empirically proven to work just demonstrates what a ***** you are.

How about this, why don't you show us the things don't work. Did your wannabe a$$ take stats and remember that to prove something does work, you must first prove that it doesn't is an invalid hypothesis? Flametard

Last edited by SixFive; 08-18-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
damn..getting ugly fast aroung here

Old 08-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ roflmfao!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Haha....while its a bit out of hand, he does have a point. You can guess all you want, but until you try it, you really aren't going to know (well, unless you designed the car....then I guess you would already know).

Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
Time and time again you punk yourself with your lack of comprehension. I'll try and re-iterate what I said in case it helps (though I suspect the third time's a charm): I simply asked for any info people had on what sort of difference these braces actually made, and did not suggest that they did or did not work, only that it was not intuitively obvious that they were needed. For the comic relief of the group, please share with us your anecdotal mechanical insights as to why our cars are so intuitively lacking in rigidity, and how these bars so clearly solve this problem.
All cars have body flex. All street cars could benifit from more rigidity. Do some think our G's have a problem with too much flex? I'd assume so... The G is a great car, but nothing is perfect. Does a chasis brace fix this "problem" of theirs? Its all relative to how much of it they percieve as being a problem. From 1 - 10, if the chasis brace only scored a 1 in improvements to a car. For some people, that 1 is all they needed... and 1 is better than nothing at all.

You asked "what sort of difference" these bars would make. In theory, with its design. It should make the lower chasis more solid, creating a flatter and smoother handling. Now how much of this difference is there... now thats the question that should be asked.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:45 PM
And if there was a difference of however much, munch would still ask you to measure the change knowing that such measurements cost thousands in equipment, space, transportation, money, time and people and that he could still simply refute everything you test becasue he's a FLAMETARD and a amrchair modder.

And most of the cars I've driven in the last 3 years have better rigidity including my 2001.5 passat, my wife's Toaureg - the standard IMO for structural rigidity in afforable cars - and about every new BMW, Mercedes, Acura has better structural integrety to even a numba$s.

Last edited by SixFive; 08-18-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SixFive
amrchair modder
classic.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTSpec Aluminum Mid Chassis Reenforcement Brace for G35 Coupe