GTSpec Aluminum Mid Chassis Reenforcement Brace for G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had both the VRT front strut tower brace and GT Spec lower front tie bar installed about a week ago. I have the 2 rear bars but they don't fit my sedan with the Stillen exhaust.

Bracing is something that one would use if they track or for canyon runs. I personally like to drive the twisties as often as I can. Lower braces are not starter mods, they should only be used if you already have upgraded sways, springs/shocks and maybe 19"+ wheels (smaller tire sidewall) and are looking for further enhancement. I doubt the difference will be noticed on stock suspension setup with small wheels.

Since I don't track, I can't tell you my times are better but I can feel the improvement constantly (both parts working in conjunction I believe). I would equate the improvement to when I moved from 18" to 19" wheels with better tires. I actually forgot the parts were installed because I had power mods done at the same time. The steering felt "tuned" and I was wondering what was different until I remembered they were installed.

You may ask "is it worth the money?". For me, the answer is yes. It was the next step (maybe the last for this ride) towards how I wanted the car to handle.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MechEE
Sounds promising. Anybody who tracks their car have a set of these that could do some time trials with the only change being the bar?
Bracing your chassis for structure rigidity is not allways something that will "lower your lap times" at the track. It should (especially for the advanced driver) make the car feel more stable and consistant, thus contributing to more consistant and generally faster lap times.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I really need to tighten up my suspension. im interested if the chasis brace fits