SPC front camber delivery extended!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are u rubbing int he frotn when going on bumps or turning into a bump? when u say the ride is fine could u go in more detail... does it feel the same?

Was it worth it gilley?

FYI i am sitting on 20's it's why it's hard for me to always buy tires with the price so high.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The alignment numbers are within the center of specfications. I don't rub when going over bumps.

The ride actually feels better because I installed Tokoco D-Specs and 350Z S-Techs in place of the stock shocks and G35 H-Techs.

I think it was worth it, especially considering the preorder price. Or you can get the Cusco. It will be less expensive in the end compared to buying expensive 20's more often.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone get any updates on the camber arms?
i dont want the same scenario happening where we get the bad news right when it's supposed to deliver....

Old 09-14-2006, 12:38 AM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Rather then re-invent the wheel I'll pull some posts in from my350z.com
Thanks for taking the time to put this reply together. There is some very good reading there. A couple of the books you mention seem to be out of print, but Amazon has used copies of several of them.

I'm not sure I'm a sophisticated enough driver to be able to determine all the results of the different settings and spring rates mentioned in the thread you linked to. I just want my G to drive well and handel as close to neutral as possible for occasional spirited driving.

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Not to get off topic, but zillinois has written some of the best performace based comment's on the Tein Basic you will ever find, very nice guy too
Interesting to see that he bought a purpose-built race car a bit after the posts you linked to.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:16 PM
I gave up on the wait and ordered the SPL. Will have a technical review when all suspension parts installed.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:07 PM
im cancelling mine tomorrow!

Old 09-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I decided to get the SPL arms too because they are lighter. I think ~5 lbs per arm vs ~4 lbs. stock and ~8 lbs SPC. Also because I track my car on occassion and didn't feel too comfortable with just one bolt holding the plates in place. The only negative I see though is that the SPL arms are made more for racing with the metal bushings so I'll get more cabin noise but they should provide crisper handling and feedback. If anyone is interested I'll be having a pair of used Cusco A-Arms in the classifieds soon.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
schweet, i found a guinea pig for the SPL arms.

let me know how they work. i contacted SPL and they stated the QA1 bearings they use all have a teflon coating to minimize noise. so in theory, it should be good.

vinh

Old 09-17-2006, 01:44 AM
SPL arms have been proven great and beyond many times by 240sx and 300zx crowd so I have no doubt on their quality.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by drsifu1
schweet, i found a guinea pig for the SPL arms.

let me know how they work. i contacted SPL and they stated the QA1 bearings they use all have a teflon coating to minimize noise. so in theory, it should be good.

vinh
I've been a guinea pig for these since their inception. My car was used for the development of them. You guys won't be disappointed with the quality and ride. I didn't notice additional cabin noise and the steering is definitely more precise. I've tested these on the street for thousands of miles and several times on the race track with Hoosiers. These things are solid and precise-I can certainly attest to that. Caster adjustment is a nice bonus.

Not sure how long the introductory price will last, but $90 off regular price is a pretty sweet deal. The dealers/installers are snapping these things up so if you want them at the discounted price I suggest you order them soon.

As ATL_Red_G35 mentioned SPL is widely known in the z32 and 240sx community and specialize in suspension for Nissans.

More info here: http://www.splparts.com/Parts/Z33/Su...nk/default.asp

Old 09-20-2006, 08:12 PM
_jb
Photographer

Is anyone worried about getting dirt or dust in the rod ends? It seems that street driving might cause premature wear. I know the writeup says that the rod ends are teflon/kevlar lining, self-cleaning and self-lubricating. I'm not sure what that actually does or how it works.

Do they need grease? I don't see any fittings.

It also looks like the threaded rod end of the main spherical rod end is a bit small. Maybe it's just the size of the picture. It's hard to judge the scale. It would be bad if it broke.

Please note that I'm not dissing these control arms. I'm thinking about getting them and I'm trying to get all my concerns answered before I buy them.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by _jb
Is anyone worried about getting dirt or dust in the rod ends? It seems that street driving might cause premature wear. I know the writeup says that the rod ends are teflon/kevlar lining, self-cleaning and self-lubricating. I'm not sure what that actually does or how it works.

Do they need grease? I don't see any fittings.

It also looks like the threaded rod end of the main spherical rod end is a bit small. Maybe it's just the size of the picture. It's hard to judge the scale. It would be bad if it broke.

Please note that I'm not dissing these control arms. I'm thinking about getting them and I'm trying to get all my concerns answered before I buy them.
I emailed Kuah at SPL with your questions/concerns and here is his reply:

"The rod ends have a Teflon/Kevlar lining between the ball and the housing, this lining provides the lubrication, so no grease is needed. The rod ends are also self-cleaning because the lining seals tight against the ball, and wipes any dirt off as the ball rotates into the housing. These rod ends are maintenance free.

The rod ends are all 5/8” chromoly, they are individually rated for radial loads on the bearing exceeding 18,000lbs and shear loads on the thread/bolt exceeding 23,000lbs, providing a safety rating of at least 10:1."

Hope this answers your questions.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 AM
I just received my pair today and they look very well constructed. Chromoly is very strong so I wouldn't worry about that. Welds look clean and everything seems to be very durable. At this point I'd have to say these are by far the best bang for your buck camber/caster arms. If money and availability weren't a factor I'd get the 350evos for sure.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 AM
boe
ordered cancelled for mine.. going with the SPL.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Not quite sure which a-arms i should go with...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC front camber delivery extended!!