Feedback on Zeal suspension products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPAUTO
I think you took what I said a little wrong. The technical support that I am referring to is setups for various vehicles based upon your feedback as to what you are looking for. I consider the Zeals to be an excellent off the shelf coilover, but you cannot buy a set of Zeal Xs and expect them to be built exactly to what you want or hand valved by someone who is going off of a spec sheet supplied to them for your needs.

The super functions are amazing as are the X and XS, they are a high quality product meant for people looking for the best for their dollar. But it comes down to the individual needs of each person as to what works best.
So then your translation of technical support is customization on the coilover? Actually you can get the Function X or the Xs in the spring rate and valving you want. Just like you said about the Aragosta's, you can request to your authorized dealer what kind of spring rate and valving you are looking for and it can be done through Endless. Aragosta isnt the only company that can do custom coilovers just because they are not off the shelf. Endless is not as mass produced as Tein, Tanabe, HKS, etc. The benefit I see is that all the customization can be done in the states with a much faster turn around time then special ordering something from Japan and waiting 90 days.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
the turn around time on the coilovers is actually very similar imo. the zeal coilovers are still built in japan, not by endless usa. lead time on their coilovers are approximately 1-2 months depending upon when the order is placed. orders are due by the 10th of the month and then they will ship from japan on the 30th via air freight approximately 7-10 days later. so if you order on the 15th for example, you will not receive your product until 7-9 weeks later. only reason the top secret wait time is a little longer is we use ocean freight for everything, if we ems the product it'd be here much faster.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:10 PM
So if I had Aragosta coilovers that I purchased from Bulletproof and I needed them revalved because they were dying out or I was simply not happy with the specs, what would the turn around time be to have them rebuilt? Im sure it would be much longer than getting them done in the states. If Bulletproof in fact is Top Secret USA, should they not be able to provide these kinds of services like Endless USA can? And why is that I cannot find any kind of specs on the Aragosta coilovers for the G? Im not talking spring rates and valving because obviously your rebuttle would be that its because they are not off the shelf products and are custom made, but what about the basics? Are they inverted? Are they monotube? How adjustable are the dampers? Do they have rebound and compression adjustments? Are upper pillow mounts included?(God I would hope so on a $4K coilover!) Why is that I cannot find any of this kind of info on Top Secrets or Bulletproofs website?

As a consumer and a car/track enthusiasts, these are the kinds of questions I would have before Id buy any product for my car. If Bulletproof thinks that they can just sell products because of its branding then they need to rethink their business tactics.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Old 12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
they are monotube dampers that are 15 way adjustable. rebound and compression cannot be adjusted independantly. Upper mounts are included. Aluminum construction.

these would need to be sent to japan to be rebuilt. top secret engineers are experienced with working with aragosta dampers and we would not trust anyone else with this task. unfortunately volume of sales does not allow us to have someone stateside whose main responsibility is to valve these products. overall i would say that we sell approximately 1 set every two months. the division of sales is pretty equal between 350z and s2000 owners with our first sale of an evo set to my knowledge being last month.

it really does depend upon use though. everyone has different needs for their suspension whether it is track or street use. the feedback that we have received for street use with occasional track use has been great.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&t=420706&st=0

i feel that these are superior in build and performance to the zeal function x(which are heavier also since they are not aluminum), but the super function c/d/e are superior for track use to the top secret aragostas, they are also a much higher price. if i were purchasing a track only suspension then yes i would look at the super functions as well as the penske and moton setups. if i really wanted something from japan i would strongly consider the quantum setups as well.

in the end if you want something top of the line for street/track combo driving then i feel these would be your best bet.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Hmm aluminum may be lighter but it is also highly corrosive. Id worry about my coilovers rusting. For a street application, aluminum would not be a good idea regardless of the weight difference. ZEAL's can be ordered with an aluminum body but it is only recommended for track use. You are also comparing your $4K+ Aragosta coilover to the ZEAL Function X which is $3K+, the ZEAL is still cheaper. The Function X was not developed for the average street user, if you want to compare street coilovers that are track worthy as well then youd want to compare it to the Function Xs which has a even cheaper price tag then the Aragosta and is fully servicable in the U.S.

To me, if a manufactuer claims to be who they actually are; you should be able to keep in stock of what you produce, service your parts with minimal turn around time, and have techincal info available on hand for the public. Whether you like it or not, my opinion is that Bullet Proof is not Top Secret USA but just a distributor. Bullet Proof isnt the only vendor out there who can get Top Secret, INGS, etc. Just my two cents.

Last edited by ELIJAH012; 12-05-2006 at 04:03 PM.