SPL PRO Front Camber Arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPL PRO Front Camber Arms

I did a search and didn't find anything on these. Has anyone tried these camber arms yet? Are these any good? http://www.splparts.com/Parts/Z33/Su...nk/default.asp

Old 11-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Do a search over at MY350Z. Several owners have posted up over there. I myself have the SPL arms and they worked out nicely for me. I'm not using them to gain postive camber because I'm slammed. I'm using them to gain negative camber since my driveway to my complex dictates that even a mild drop is questionable. The ability to adjust caster is nice as well. I think these SPL arms and the SPC arms are the best in it's price range although it seems that quite a few people are having trouble with the SPC spacers.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by dklau33
Do a search over at MY350Z. Several owners have posted up over there. I myself have the SPL arms and they worked out nicely for me. I'm not using them to gain postive camber because I'm slammed. I'm using them to gain negative camber since my driveway to my complex dictates that even a mild drop is questionable. The ability to adjust caster is nice as well. I think these SPL arms and the SPC arms are the best in it's price range although it seems that quite a few people are having trouble with the SPC spacers.
Thanks for the info dklau33.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:36 AM
I've been running the SPL arms for at least 8 or 9 months now and love them. The adjustability is second to none and the design of them will not allow them to slip as is possible with the other options out there. I have many track days on these and the steering response is amazing. I highly recommend them-well worth the money.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 AM
sfarrah, did you receive a set of the new, revised bushings? if so did you install them yet? i haven't noticed a problem with my original bushings yet so i haven't changed them out. just wondering what your experience has been so far.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:52 AM
I still have the original ones and haven't had any issues at all. They've worked great for me since day one. Once the bolts are torqued down there shouldn't be any movement anyway. The newer bushings just have a slightly tighter tolerance.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I just ordered SPL Front Camber Arms at SGP Racing today. Mark said I should have them in 3-5 days. I am so excited, I can't wait. Thanks guys.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
very nice. just be sure that you have the ones with the revised bushings before you have them installed. will save you any potential trouble or hassle in the future.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by dklau33
very nice. just be sure that you have the ones with the revised bushings before you have them installed. will save you any potential trouble or hassle in the future.
DK, how will I know that I have the revised bushings? What should I look for?

Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I believe all new sets have them and the buyers of the first few sets that went out were sent the updated bushings. You should have nothing to worry about.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 AM
At My350Z, some of them are having the clearance issues with the SPL arms as well. One of the poster stated that he was dropped about .75" and his arms hit. Basically, on the SPL's the lower you are, the arms get longer which creates clearance issues in 2 places, 1. at the end of the camber arm and 2. the top caster adjustment bolt results in about .5"-1" of increased thickness and that bolt hits the top of the inner fender. This is a very similar problem with the SPC kit.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223882

Old 11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by mark4x4
At My350Z, some of them are having the clearance issues with the SPL arms as well. One of the poster stated that he was dropped about .75" and his arms hit. Basically, on the SPL's the lower you are, the arms get longer which creates clearance issues in 2 places, 1. at the end of the camber arm and 2. the top caster adjustment bolt results in about .5"-1" of increased thickness and that bolt hits the top of the inner fender. This is a very similar problem with the SPC kit.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223882
It is a similar problem but not quite the same. On the SPL arms so long as you do not adjust in too much positive camber there is no issue, I do not know exactly about what is hitting on the SPC arms but the frame on the SPC arms is larger and if the frame itself is hitting there is nothing that can be done. On the SPL arms the frame does not come all the way forward, so the rod end can be retracted a little to gain clearance.

Also when I was last at the shop, Kuah showed me the measurements, the SPL arms are only about 1/4” taller than the stock arm, not 1/2-1”. I don’t know about the other arms, but if they have the adjustable plates they would probably be thicker than stock as well. One part of the problem Kuah showed me was that the fender is sloping, so the more positive camber you try to run the smaller the clearance to the fender gets. So if you find a clearance issue you can simply run a little more negative camber to get more clearance. I am dropped 1” but since I race my 350Z I run more negative camber, and I have never had the arm hit the fender.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by sfarrah
It is a similar problem but not quite the same. On the SPL arms so long as you do not adjust in too much positive camber there is no issue, I do not know exactly about what is hitting on the SPC arms but the frame on the SPC arms is larger and if the frame itself is hitting there is nothing that can be done. On the SPL arms the frame does not come all the way forward, so the rod end can be retracted a little to gain clearance.

Also when I was last at the shop, Kuah showed me the measurements, the SPL arms are only about 1/4” taller than the stock arm, not 1/2-1”. I don’t know about the other arms, but if they have the adjustable plates they would probably be thicker than stock as well. One part of the problem Kuah showed me was that the fender is sloping, so the more positive camber you try to run the smaller the clearance to the fender gets. So if you find a clearance issue you can simply run a little more negative camber to get more clearance. I am dropped 1” but since I race my 350Z I run more negative camber, and I have never had the arm hit the fender.
If you read the link I posted to My350Z, the thread starter states that if you are dropped more than .75" you will have issues with clearance (if you are in spec) and you say that you are dropped 1" but have more negative camber. I find that troubling, I bought the camber kit because I'm dropped and to want to get back to factory specs. That's your decision to run more negative camber and I have no doubt that would help the clearance issue but for those that want to get back to factory specs there is a problem with both designs.

Yes, the SPC arms are larger but that's really not the problem because the sides of the arms don't hit. On the SPL arm to add more positive camber to need to lengthen the arm which causes the clearance problems. The SPC kit has half degree more positive adjustment compared to the SPL's, they accomplish this by adding a beveled spacer behind the hub. The spacer is thicker at the top which automatically adds some positive camber and the rest is done by the arms. At the same camber setting the SPL arms would be longer than the SPC's although the same issue with the thickness of the arms creates clearance issues on both. The SPC arms hit at the end, like the SPL's although this happens at a greater drop (about 1" in spec) because the use of the spacer.

Last edited by mark4x4; 11-29-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interesting. I've bought the SPL but yet to isntall it. Will soon though. please keep us updated guys.

Thanks.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mark4x4
If you read the link I posted to My350Z, the thread starter states that if you are dropped more than .75" you will have issues with clearance (if you are in spec) and you say that you are dropped 1" but have more negative camber. I find that troubling, I bought the camber kit because I'm dropped and to want to get back to factory specs. That's your decision to run more negative camber and I have no doubt that would help the clearance issue but for those that want to get back to factory specs there is a problem with both designs.
yea i thot the main purpose really of SPC and SPL were for ppl to get in to specs, not run negative camber.
cusco would've been a no brainer for ppl just wanting neg. camber....

so yea, mark, order the 350evo arms, they're in stock. richard and i ordered them yesterday. $875.
wassup with our returns?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPL PRO Front Camber Arms