Update on Alignment results! Car pulling to the left.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GThIrtYFiZle

since you have an 06 and probably low miles, I think I would let the springs settle more before doing anything else. Even if you get a camber kit it will probably change again as the suspension settles. As said, the rears are small because the car is not supposed to carry any real weight back there. A way for the manufacturer to save some money (and weight).
Notice the supports for the lower control rods are also stamped not cast. More slop there too, but it saves Nissan some money.

And the specs I listed were for an 04, but someone was curious so I listed it. Not sure they are the same. Good luck and enjoy!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering I saw ur drop and your dropped on H-tech? I dont understand how ur alignment was so off cause of those springs. Since.. I have Tanabe Df210 which are a lot lower and I dont have any pull. I just got me a set of SPC rear camber kit cause I can already see the really negative wear on my rear tires with only 1000 miles since installing my springs.

I ususally do my own alignments but since I dont work at any shops right now Im gonna have to pay for it. To be honest with you I dont trust other tech's messing with my stuff. I'd like to say more then half of them do half *** jobs. Its hard to find a quality tech nowadays.

But congrads on fixing ur problem. Some ideas to why it has different readings could be cause ur springs werent settled in yet. Tire pressure. Maybe he didnt bounce your car front and rear after lifting it up if he did lift it. Or the tech used the wrong yr/vehicle for you alignment. Lets say he used a 03 G35 or a 350z spec and might not be too different but sometimes they are.

I'll install my stuff and get some before and after specs!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Ok, so today I got back on the highway. The car definitely drives straight, but once the road starts to get those grooves the car seems like it pulls a bit too much. I first was thinking its because the springs are shorter and stiffer, but now I remember that when I first dropped it without doing an alignment the car felt like it drove soo much better and definitely was not lulling that much on those roads. Now I am thinking it might be the camber arm that he bent. Could it be that, or not, can something lese be the problem. My camber was the only thing that seemed to be off in the rear but not ny a lot. And camber in the front right is a bit off too but many said that the front wouldnt be too much of a problem and to get the rear camber kit. What do you guys think, I have had the springs for a month now, and its just werid because it was not doing this in the beginning. For some reason i am having bad feeling about the camber arm so I am about to order the kit. Any input.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
Ok, so today I got back on the highway. The car definitely drives straight, but once the road starts to get those grooves the car seems like it pulls a bit too much. I first was thinking its because the springs are shorter and stiffer, but now I remember that when I first dropped it without doing an alignment the car felt like it drove soo much better and definitely was not lulling that much on those roads. Now I am thinking it might be the camber arm that he bent. Could it be that, or not, can something lese be the problem. My camber was the only thing that seemed to be off in the rear but not ny a lot. And camber in the front right is a bit off too but many said that the front wouldnt be too much of a problem and to get the rear camber kit. What do you guys think, I have had the springs for a month now, and its just werid because it was not doing this in the beginning. For some reason i am having bad feeling about the camber arm so I am about to order the kit. Any input.
Out of curiousity..Which shop is doing your alignment?

-Vin

Old 02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Its in queens billage and its called papo's. Do you by any chance know anybody that actually has expirience.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
you should have that front camber adjusted with in spec.
it may cause premature wear to your tires....

both left and right should be within less than .5 degree of each other..

Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
actually .2 or less is best

Old 02-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes, but all that in can cause is the premature tirewear correct? Cuz when I first dropped the car it was handlin fine. As long as that front camber will only cause premature tirewear I'm fine with it, I have toyos, they should last me a bit, but the rears I got the kit for. Toe and Caster can be adjusted in the front right?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
only toe on the front unless you have a-arms.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
i just called firestone to do a wheel alignment and they said that if your car is lowered, then factory alignment specs don't apply because the ride height has changed. is that true or should i just tell them to do it to factory specs?

Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperShick
i just called firestone to do a wheel alignment and they said that if your car is lowered, then factory alignment specs don't apply because the ride height has changed. is that true or should i just tell them to do it to factory specs?
Tell them to get the rear camber as close to factory specs as possible. You will still be able to get the front and rear toe back into factory specs.
-GP-

Old 02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by SuperShick
Its funny because I thought of this also. Since the car is lower, shouldnt the alignment specs be set a bit differently to accomodate the cars new stance? I thought of this and my mechanic seemed to agree, but mostly everyone else didnt. What do you guys think. Or does it depend on how low you are dropped. Also, whats the best spec to set the rear camber and toe when dropped.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Well 1st of all, I don't think the guys at Firestone are the most detailed people unless you get lucky and get someone that actually cares.

It's incorrect to just flat out say
if your car is lowered, then factory alignment specs don't apply
because it depends on the car and how low you are. What they should be saying is "if you car is lowered, it might not be possible to get the alignment back to the oem specifications without some type of camber kit. Depending on how low you are" "What we can do it try to get the specs as CLOSE factory specs as possible"

Old 02-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
Its funny because I thought of this also. Since the car is lower, shouldnt the alignment specs be set a bit differently to accomodate the cars new stance? I thought of this and my mechanic seemed to agree, but mostly everyone else didnt. What do you guys think. Or does it depend on how low you are dropped. Also, whats the best spec to set the rear camber and toe when dropped.
No, same specs still apply. Set the rear camber ~1.3, .1 toe

Old 02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Thank you Redlude. By the way, your avatar is pretty sick. Do you have anymore pics of the car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update on Alignment results! Car pulling to the left.