Coilovers or springs??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Conscons
hay would you let me know how's it feel? is it feel like the factory 1 beside the height? and how bad is the tires go?
basics are noticeably stiffer than stock ride..

Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian
I ordered the basics + camber kit today.

Will take pics when they're installed.
You are going to love them. Good choice!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they will bring plenty of these to you

Old 04-07-2007, 10:12 AM
So is that mean i don't have to get camber kit if i get coilover? or would it be last way longer if i get springs and shocks?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
So is that mean i don't have to get camber kit if i get coilover? or would it be last way longer if i get springs and shocks?
You will more than likely need a camber kit set-up either way you go. Many people bypass the camber kits and end up with premature tire wear . . . Unless you require more negative camber for your own personal requirements, get the camber kits. Uncontrolled toe will chew up your tires just as fast, as well.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
You will more than likely need a camber kit set-up either way you go. Many people bypass the camber kits and end up with premature tire wear . . . Unless you require more negative camber for your own personal requirements, get the camber kits. Uncontrolled toe will chew up your tires just as fast, as well.
So you mean if i can efford the money i better just go for the Tein Flex's and that controller thing...... since a 19' tires is not cheap ~~ but would it be as comfortable as factory? coz's i really like the comfort from the factory's . i just hate the height of it~~

Old 04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
So you mean if i can efford the money i better just go for the Tein Flex's and that controller thing...... since a 19' tires is not cheap ~~ but would it be as comfortable as factory? coz's i really like the comfort from the factory's . i just hate the height of it~~
If all you are after is a decent drop, you could opt to choose something like the Tein 350Z S or H-Techs. They afford a good drop to suit most peoples' taste and needs. Depending on your current suspension set-up, you may blow out your shocks prematurely with the S-Techs. With that in mind, you may opt to mate the lowering springs with a good pair of adjustable shocks, such as the Tokico D-spec.

If you wish to lower your car and improve on the handling aspects, I would go with the Tein Basic set-up. There are much better coilover kits available. However, unless you plan to track your car much, as Hero has always commented, the Tein Basic set-up will be more than adequate to satisfy the majority of people.

In any of the above loose scenarios, I would highly recommend getting a camber kit(s) and an alignment to extent tire wear.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
If all you are after is a decent drop, you could opt to choose something like the Tein 350Z S or H-Techs. They afford a good drop to suit most peoples' taste and needs. Depending on your current suspension set-up, you may blow out your shocks prematurely with the S-Techs. With that in mind, you may opt to mate the lowering springs with a good pair of adjustable shocks, such as the Tokico D-spec.

If you wish to lower your car and improve on the handling aspects, I would go with the Tein Basic set-up. There are much better coilover kits available. However, unless you plan to track your car much, as Hero has always commented, the Tein Basic set-up will be more than adequate to satisfy the majority of people.

In any of the above loose scenarios, I would highly recommend getting a camber kit(s) and an alignment to extent tire wear.
I am not willing to go to track . I think i should get the Tein basic as you said, do you mind to upload some of ur G's pix to me and see how does it look , how many u drop ?

Old 04-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
I am not willing to go to track . I think i should get the Tein basic as you said, do you mind to upload some of ur G's pix to me and see how does it look , how many u drop ?
First of all, my apologies to Canadian, for jumping all over his thread.

Conscons, I have no current pics with the Tein Basic set-up, yet. However, I will have a few pics after our Santa Cruz III run, next week. I will PM you the pics or you can simply go over to the Nor Cal boards and see the post run pics. I am currently lower 1" all around, as compared to the original factory height, which is a tight 1 finger gap . . . And there is plenty of adjustment to go lower, if I so desire.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:56 PM
my apologies to Canadian as well~~ i am not trying to ruin you thread, :P Andy , if you could do that will be much appreciate, basically all i wanna know is which suspension could fit my required. 1, comfortable and the tire could last long. 2. height. 3 prize could be around 800- 1000 US ~~

Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
(1) What about the Pro Eichbach kit. I was told those drop you 1"?

(2) Is there a difference between S-techs and H-techs. I'm guessing it might be the length of the drop.

(3) And is a camber recommended for both S-tech and H-tech?

Old 04-19-2007, 07:46 PM
if its a lease i wouldnt touch it ... but if your gonna go to the lowering route .. i would get coilovers ... they are better and they will be 100 times easier to replace .. due to the fact you just swap out the whole strut .. instead of decompressing the springs and putting on the stock ones back and etc

Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Geez35
(1) What about the Pro Eichbach kit. I was told those drop you 1"?

(2) Is there a difference between S-techs and H-techs. I'm guessing it might be the length of the drop.

(3) And is a camber recommended for both S-tech and H-tech?
You have a PM.