Has anyone come across this strut bar before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is getting mailed out tmrw

Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wonder if that trangle where the bar meets the bracket is hollow to allow there to be room for coilover adjusters. sucks, looks like it has be be taken off every time you want to adjust them....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
cant wait for the reviews
Same here!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
another bob

IF he gets a chance to install it, i'll ask him to take pics of the strut bar to plenum clearance
bobshuai?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bull3t
bobshuai?
yep

Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
ive been callin them but everytime i call it says voicemail is full and then hangs up on me. anyone get threw on the phone yet?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:13 PM
FGC President
has anyone gotten this that has a crawford plenum?? does it fit?
does this bar flex like the richie bar? stand the bar on one end on the ground (vertically) and push down on it from the top and see if it flexes. richie bar has a big problem with this type of flex and it the type the ccar will put on the bar

thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
has anyone gotten this that has a crawford plenum?? does it fit?
does this bar flex like the richie bar? stand the bar on one end on the ground (vertically) and push down on it from the top and see if it flexes. richie bar has a big problem with this type of flex and it the type the ccar will put on the bar

thanks

i 2nd on this question and ask the same thing

Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
richie bar has a big problem with this type of flex
It's hardly a big problem. I have a thread in the reviews section about Richie's bar, and the topic of flex has been discussed thoroughly. The fact is flex hasn't been an issue for me. I'm sure that if I got this to fit on my sedan, I'd feel little to no difference.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Well this Bob should have his on friday! I will take pictures too.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Sorry guys, I just finished the installation and right now is rainning at Gardena where I work at therefore no picture. But I will try to take some pictures tomorrow during the day. But there are few things that I think you guys should know. First, the fitment is tight, I mean tight. Second, you will need to take out the AC bracket becuase you can't make it fit with that bracket there. However that my Carbon Fiber Hood can be close (this is what I was worry before after i picked the bar). I will post up details tomorrow with pictures. I will also see if I can feel the difference when I drive home tonight.

Last edited by bobshuai; 03-20-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
ive been callin them but everytime i call it says voicemail is full and then hangs up on me. anyone get threw on the phone yet?
good size company, not big and not small but I think they just need more helpers to answer the phone.

Originally Posted by filanj
I have Richies strut bar. I will be ordering the strut bar from this guy this week, so I'll post pictures when I receive it and install it with comparison photos of the two..
Rich man, able to buy both. I wish I can do that.

Originally Posted by DocJohn
I took a good look at the Circuit Sports bar and it looks nice especially considering the comparatively low price. But I don't think it would clear my APS plenum, and from a careful look at the photos of Circuit Sports bar, it appears that it eliminates the A/C line support bracket on the driver's side strut tower.
I have Richie's strut bar and both of these issues are not a problem with his bar.

It eliminated the bracket but the rubber couple still able to sit under the bar and the bar is the replacment on supporting the chrome ac line.

Originally Posted by JYear
Yeah, I noticed that too...I wonder if a slight modification can be made so that the support bracket isn't removed.

No way, I tried. Installation was easy and fast but I spent 1 hr to think if i can relocate the braket but it came out NO.

Originally Posted by Paperchasin
its funny how everyone is so quick to dive into this bar when there were numerous questions that were posed regarding richie's bar before anyone even committed. IMO, all of the questions/concerns regarding richie's bar should be addressed here before anyone can make any decent conclusions about this one.
1) The fitment looks extremely tight on this bar. So a huge concern would be its fitment over plenums (as many people on here have a plenum of some sort)
2) As with richie's bar, it doesn't look like theres much room for those with full coilover setups.
3) Will this bar fit the sedans?
4) fitment for those with blowers? or even an aftermarket intake for that matter..

Im sure there are many other concerns that I missed, but you get the point. Even with the introduction of this bar, I personally still have no regrets with richie's strut bar at all.
right now i only can answer few question.
1) yes, the fitment is tight but the company's R&D was base on the stock set up. Personally I think (richie will like what i have to say now, I don't think it will clear with any aftermarket mod on the engine. I will take some pictures Wednesday to show the prove.)

2) no answer because i don't have coilover or richie's bar.
3) no answer because i don't have sedan.
4) It fits over my 350z Z tube so if you have anything is bigger (thicker) then Ztube's size and I will still say it will clear because it has planty room from that angle.

Originally Posted by 2001Z71
I asked about the AC line support bracket, and they said that was a problem for the sedan, but not the coupe
wrong

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
FYI: he quoted me 120 shipped and 110 picked up (by appointment only).

vendor and aHero are right, I pay cash $110 pick up. I can't wait for shipping.

Originally Posted by aleok
i wonder if that trangle where the bar meets the bracket is hollow to allow there to be room for coilover adjusters. sucks, looks like it has be be taken off every time you want to adjust them....

It is a empty space between the 3 screw spots.

Originally Posted by bull3t
bobshuai?
You need me? Yes, me.

Last edited by Calvin; 07-31-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
damn.. i just realized it's made in china.. how does the quality look when you got it? did you try to bend it?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM
FGC President
man thats a lot of posts in a row talk about a post *****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone come across this strut bar before?