OEM Brembos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Much of what's been posted is very much correct. While fitting very larger dispalcement calipers on the rear sound cool they would really need to be properly paired with equal increases in from area to keep the proper proportion between front and rear. While this too can be done (think very large displacement front calipers) the combo would then require a much larger mc to properly work the two units. In the end the total package will prove "a lateral" move in that total brake torque, bias, feel and results would be no different than what you have now or can purchase from other vendors. *granted you might make some very small changes good or bad, but in the end it's a moot point/idea.

On the TCE site you will find an interactive calculator to demonstrate this design and how it can effect your vehicle with chosen parts.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.co...alculator.html
Spend time working various plans to see what you come up with. Keep an eye on front rotor tq- give yourself a max value equal to lock up and skid, that's the most tq you can use regardless of how you get there with your choice of parts.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:51 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I haven't seen anyone with the G35/350Z OEM 4 piston brembos on the rear. Even if you fabricated a bracket to mount the caliper, the brake bias is going to be so far off, you'd very likely lose performance than gain it. There's no "kit" currently available to make this work.

I've pieced my front brake system together with larger rotors, 4 piston calipers. It's not easy, and I don't think it's worth the trouble. Even finding the exact rotor size for the front was a long process, and I didn't even have to deal with the parking brake issue.

You could put a 4 piston caliper in the rear. But it'd have to have smaller pistons. The G35 OEM 4 piston brembo has 38 and 44 mm pistons. I don't know the sizes of the Stoptech 4 piston caliper on their rear kit, but it's not close to those sizes. For their 14" front brake kit, they're also using smaller pistons on the caliper compared to the G35 brembo caliper.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Thanks all for chiming in. Just confirms what we have been saying. Great info EK and Todd TCE

Old 04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
here's some more info on brake bias from stoptech. i hope this article makes it all better

Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Red Card Crew

I've read it. It's a great read.

Originally Posted by n1cK
here's some more info on brake bias from stoptech. i hope this article makes it all better

Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Red Card Crew

Find them yet?

Originally Posted by Nismo G
I know someone on this site has used 2 OEM front calipers in the rear, and then the same exact calipers in the front. I want to say it was ttrank, but im not sure. I will try to find pictures.

-sean

Old 04-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Manufacturing plants are located in Italy and in Spain (Zaragoza), Poland
(Czestochowa and Dabrowa), Great Britain (Coventry), Mexico (Puebla), Brazil (Betim), and China
(Nanjing and Beijing).

These RECENT Chinese plants have lowered the cost to Japan so now Brembo is a contender to supply Nissan etc.

Can you imagine how cheap a 20 pound rotor must be to ship to US unless made in Mexico.

BREMBO RASSINI, S.A. DE C.V.
Km. 2.5 Carr. a Moyotzingo S/N
SAN MARTIN TEXMELUCAN, Puebla, 74179

Last edited by Q45tech; 04-05-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Red Card Crew

^^ not sure what you are trying to get at.

Akebono is actually going to supply Infiniti with their BBKs now.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Red Card Crew

So are we clear now?

I know someone on this site has used 2 OEM front calipers in the rear, and then the same exact calipers in the front. I want to say it was ttrank, but im not sure. I will try to find pictures.

-sean

Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
So are we clear now?
HAHA, Jeff you just dont let things go do you? I forgot about this thread about an hour after it ended, but i guess it has been grabbing you by the ***** since then. I searched around a little bit, didn't seem to find anything, i emailed ttrank and it was not him. I know i have seen pictures on this forum of someone running stock front calipers on the rear, but havn't found it yet. Hopefully it wasnt a photoshop i will keep an eye out for you though, ok buddy? Hopefully you dont get blue ***** over this...

-Sean

Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Red Card Crew

Just wanted to know if you learned anything. Apparently not. Have a great day anyway.

But I am a bit curious as to the ***** part. I'm not sure how blue balled I'd really get when multiple people are agreeing with my theory vs what you are stating.

HAHA, Jeff you just dont let things go do you? I forgot about this thread about an hour after it ended, but i guess it has been grabbing you by the ***** since then. I searched around a little bit, didn't seem to find anything, i emailed ttrank and it was not him. I know i have seen pictures on this forum of someone running stock front calipers on the rear, but havn't found it yet. Hopefully it wasnt a photoshop i will keep an eye out for you though, ok buddy? Hopefully you dont get blue ***** over this...

-Sean

Last edited by Jeff92se; 04-09-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-Sean

Please keep to the topic. No need to get personal.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Please keep to the topic. No need to get personal.

I don't see how we are getting personal Trey? Im just asking if his ***** are in a knot?

-Sean

Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Just wanted to know if you learned anything. Apparently not. Have a great day anyway.

But I am a bit curious as to the ***** part. I'm not sure how blue balled I'd really get when multiple people are agreeing with my theory vs what you are stating.
As for learning, yes i did learn something, but it still doesnt mean that running front OEM brembos in the rear is IMPOSSIBLE. Just because you would need HUGE brakes in the front to make the stopping power equal doesnt mean someone has not put OEM fronts in the rear not knowing this...right? I will keep an eye out for you though

-Sean

Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Red Card Crew

I now understand. Your theory of possbility is in the same relative realm as the possibility of putting in a crate 572 in a G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Brembos