View Poll Results: What springs are the best as far as quality/performance better than stock is concerne
350Z H-Techs
36.92%
G35 Eibach Pro Kit
24.62%
350Z Eibach Pro Kit
6.15%
OTHER: Please Specify
32.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Springs?? What are the best!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swift springs are the best selling springs in Japan used both for street and racing. I choose the Swift for my G after having the Eibach Prokit on my commuter an 03 Altima. I much prefer having the linear rather than the progressive spring design, much more predictable in aggressive driving and less bonciness in normal driving. Swift's are manufactured from high grade material and are guaranteed not to sag. BTW, Swift's are coming out with another application for the G with a higher spring rate with the same drop.

I was offered free springs from Swift to run the new G application springs in return for some advertising and pictures although I'm happy with my setup.

Mark

Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mark4x4
Swift springs are the best selling springs in Japan used both for street and racing. I choose the Swift for my G after having the Eibach Prokit on my commuter an 03 Altima. I much prefer having the linear rather than the progressive spring design, much more predictable in aggressive driving and less bonciness in normal driving. Swift's are manufactured from high grade material and are guaranteed not to sag. BTW, Swift's are coming out with another application for the G with a higher spring rate with the same drop.

I was offered free springs from Swift to run the new G application springs in return for some advertising and pictures although I'm happy with my setup.

Mark
Are those springs with the higher spring rate out yet?

If not about when will they be out for general public?

In your opinion would it be better to get the 350Z swift springs or the G35 swift springs?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
Are those springs with the higher spring rate out yet?

If not about when will they be out for general public?

In your opinion would it be better to get the 350Z swift springs or the G35 swift springs?
The new G springs are not out yet and I'm sure what the time frame is for their release. I chose the old G application because I've setup my G more for touring and secondly for handling. They would handle better if I would get the Tokico D-Spec's which I will do once the oem shocks start to fail. At the higher handling limits these shocks are too soft although because they are so well balanced they're fine until the higher limits.

It's personal preference, if you drive aggressively, track your G, or just concerned about handling first I would go with the 350Z application spring. Be advised that you will have a larger drop. IMO it would probably feel somewhat like the oem sport suspension although not quite as stiff. Stiffer in the front, softer in the rear compared to the oem sport overall a better balance.

Good luck with your choice whichever spring you choose.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Banned
What do you guys think is better to get a good spring and some good shocks like Tokico D-Specs OR HKS RS Coilovers/Tein Basics coilovers ??

Old 05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
What do you guys think is better to get a good spring and some good shocks like Tokico D-Specs OR HKS RS Coilovers/Tein Basics coilovers ??
I just dropped my suspension in and I love it. Much better than stock. It really depends on what you are planning to do with your car. Is this your daily driver? How are road conditions to the places that you travel most? There are many different type of set ups for different types of performance. Are you dragging? Road racing? Drifting? These are just some of the questions that you need to consider.

Not to mention, how much do you want to spend? Is the manufacturer local enough for you to get good customer service if something unforeseen was to happen?\

I don't plan on tracking my car anytime soon and the performance gain from changing out my stock suspension over to the Tokico DSP-7 and Tanabe DF-210 springs has made a world of difference.

I also think that having a stiffer suspension is good but too stiff and you are going to think you driving with the wheels welded to the frame and a small crack in the road will feel like the Grand Canyon.

IMHO, if this is a daily driver and you are not planning on tracking the car and don't have a lot of money to spend, get a nice set of shocks and springs. But if you are a lot more gung ho about driving and think you need a helmet first? Then go with a nice coilover set. What ever you do, take your time, don't rush and do your homework!

FYI, if you drop an inch or more you WILL NEED a camber kit. I recommend SPC.

Hope this helps you out and good luck!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im also stuck on what to do. i dont wanna spend $700+ for some coilovers. i wanted to get the z htechs but the rear is higher and that would probably **** me off. every other spring is too low or too soft. dammit!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
im also stuck on what to do. i dont wanna spend $700+ for some coilovers. i wanted to get the z htechs but the rear is higher and that would probably **** me off. every other spring is too low or too soft. dammit!
Look into the RS*R springs for the 350Z. Drop 1.1 F and 1.1R. You may need SPC kit for the rear.