View Poll Results: What is the best coilover system for under $1100?
Tanabe Sustec SOC2
7.41%
Tein Basics
57.41%
Ksport Kontrol Pro
3.70%
Blitz TR-1
1.85%
Just get Tokico D-Spec Shocks and a Good Spring
18.52%
I know another kit you can get that is better than those for under $1100
11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Which coilover system for under $1100 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Call worldone for a quote, they do alot of the stuff for the z/g guys around here, and should charge a reasonable price.

I did, their quote was $275

I'm better off with http://www.axiommotorsports.com/ they only charge $165 for the install and will do sways for free

They have done work for me before and they are awesome IMO

Last edited by Concealed StrateG35; 05-11-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 AM
what do you guys think about koni yellows and pro kit? OR tein NA? they both have circlips.

sorry for thread jack.

Last edited by slowek04; 05-11-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
not you! skaterbasist!
Ill give you a pm about it when I get my coilovers, which will not be anytime soon

I live in the L.A area, but if the deal is good enough, ill take a trip to SD

Besides, my brother comes up to L.A every weekend from the SD area since he's stationed @ Camp Pendleton a few miles away from SD.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Concealed StrateG35,

It sounds like you have a very good deal, especially if the sways are done for free.

Make sure you tell me how you like the Teins once they settle!

Goodluck & enjoy

Old 05-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Concealed StrateG35,

It sounds like you have a very good deal, especially if the sways are done for free.

Make sure you tell me how you like the Teins once they settle!

Goodluck & enjoy

I will, But they probably won't be on for another month, cuz I'm waiting for DPE to finish making my wheels they take forever!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Good choice on the Basics. Sounds like it's perfect for your needs.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
lol... i'm on the boat for some basics, until the hks rs comes out... but im curious about them stance coilovers... not the one with the spring shock combo, but the oem style. if anyone has more info... please feel free to help me =)

i'll be lurking on my350z as well ahah!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by driftGT350
lol... i'm on the boat for some basics, until the hks rs comes out... but im curious about them stance coilovers... not the one with the spring shock combo, but the oem style. if anyone has more info... please feel free to help me =)

i'll be lurking on my350z as well ahah!
Stance doesn't make the oem style anymore. Those were only made when they were beta testing. The only offer full coilover style in the rear.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
Stance doesn't make the oem style anymore. Those were only made when they were beta testing. The only offer full coilover style in the rear.
Check with them on if they're available via special order. I just happened to pick up a set from old stock last week.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 AM
subscribed to thread, viewing opinions

Old 06-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Concealed StrateG35
bc= bor chuan racing...they manufacture megans coilovers...apexi's and many others...

bc racing BR series... 53mm shocks, pillowball mounts, 30 way adjustable, 1 year warranty...after the 1 year $95 gets you a new coilover if they blow out!

They are on the level of tein flex etc... 929 shipped in stock

What do you guys think about this? ANyone has them?? ANy experience, comments? I've looked around and no one seems to have them

When I was shopping around for suspension, I, like the creator of this thread, wanted a coilover system that didn't cost a whole lot, but was the best bang for the buck delivering adjustability, ride comfort, and reliability. I found an ad for these in the Marketplace section and decided to give them a try.

I know everyone hears "Tein, Tein, Tein" but seriously, unless you ride in a car that has the Tein Basic set up with them, you don't want to take a chance and be unhappy and you WANT to have the ability to adjust your suspension. I thought that I would just set it at X# stiffness, and never change it, but some days I get in the mood and tighten up the fronts and go for a drive. I recently took a road trip down to Santa Barbara from the Bay Area which is 3 1/2 hours. I loosened up the suspension (which is MORE comfortable than stock without the back end dipping or bottoming out in big dips) and had a very comfortable ride down and back.

At the time, I only paid roughly $850 for my suspension (the stage 1 set-up), but as I understand it, the stage 2 set up for $1100 is available now.

As far as the corners go, first thing I noticed about my old suspension compared to my new suspension was that I maintained more speed, with my new set up, consistently through the curve rather than losing it and having to accelerate out back up to the speed that I entered at. For example, a turn by work that I bomb every morning, I would enter at 60mph, mid way drop to 55 and exit at 53. Now, I enter at 64MPH, mid way drop to 62 and exit at 62.

If you have any further questions, PM me, and I would be glad to tell you more about them. I personally LOVE them and would definitely recommend them over the Basics simply because you can adjust them. Oh, did I mention BC uses McPherson struts? Ya, they do. Oh, and one more thing, the ride height is adjustable independent of the travel. Meaning, you can adjust the ride height without making the ride harsh from lowering it too much.

Anyway, hope you all research these a bit more. They are a GREAT setup for not a whole lot. Things don't always have to cost a lot to perform.

PICS!!

The result...

Last edited by Driver Elite; 06-21-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:09 PM
as a new G owner, I'm noticing most like the tein basics. But it seems like this is chosen due to price, simplicity. My previous ride was a wrx, and the bc racing brand is becoming very popular with the awd applications.

How long have you had them on and how would you rate the adjustability of the shocks?

I'd like to hear if anyone else has these. Suspension will be one of the first mods, but I'm looking for something to track, not drag.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g=madness
as a new G owner, I'm noticing most like the tein basics. But it seems like this is chosen due to price, simplicity. My previous ride was a wrx, and the bc racing brand is becoming very popular with the awd applications.

How long have you had them on and how would you rate the adjustability of the shocks?

I'd like to hear if anyone else has these. Suspension will be one of the first mods, but I'm looking for something to track, not drag.
G,
I have had them now for about 7 months and have already put about 7-10K on them. Initially, I was asking if anyone had ever heard of them and one of my WRX fanatic friends told me that they were very popular (as you said) in their realm of driving and said that the general concensious has been that they are an excellent suspension set up for the money and overall.

The adjustabilty of the suspension is very responsive as you can not only adjust the dampening with 32 levels of adjustment (and trust me you can feel a drastic difference), you can also adjust the ride height and the suspension travel.

The ride height can be physically adjusted independent of the suspension travel. If you look on the basics, in order to lower the car, you have to adjust the rings, which also saps your suspension travel whether you want it to or not. On the BC set up, you can lower the actual cylnder that holds the spring. So you have the option to lower your car, but maintain I.E. 4 inches of suspension travel instead of having to lose it.

See below.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anymore info on the BC's. I've heard of them for the Subaru guys.. but didn't know they made a setup for the G.

My friends are always ranting bout how good they are.

And the Tein Basic height adjustment is very true... The lower you to, the stiffer you'll be riding.