Help.. What to use to get my Toe Back inspec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Help.. What to use to get my Toe Back inspec

Right now I'm running ALOTTTT of negative rear camber until DPE can remake me some wheels =P

Until then I have the fallowing:
TEIN Basics (No more HKS LS)
350EVO Front Arms (Highly recommended)
Stillen Rear Camber Arms (Damn these are pretty adjustable and easy to install/uninstall.. about 15min for both)

Okey for now.. I dont want to push it too much on the stillen camber arms so those of you with SPC Camber Bolts.. how much MORE NEGATIVE camber can you run with these bolts.

Now My rear Toe is horrible.. Is there anything ELSE I can use besides SPC (toe arm?). Looking for something with ALOT of adjustments and reliable..

On the side note. I have 20"x12" but DPE measured my offset wrong.. I told them I'll be running the 13" 4POT StopTechs in the back and 14" 6POT Front.. they did 14" 6POT all around ._. its not that off but its messed up my measurements (measured the offset myself w/stock brakes and told them to add in the stoptech measurements) so they're making a new face for my rim as we speak but wont be ready for 2 months. so I need a fix right now.. I know this will wear the shiet out of my tires but thats fine sponsor should come around by that time too..

Other suspension MODs/Questions
Stillen Sways Front/Rear
Stillen Trunk Strut
GT Spec Brace Bars (Minus Mid Brace)
Tanabe Mid Brace
VRT Front Tower Strut

Also I know this has been answered before (i read the thread a while ago but cant find it anymore ) anyone know what setting for on the stillen sways will be similar to stock 05+ g35 sports suspension OEM sway bar settings?

by looking at the sways the rear one is about the same size as the OEM so i'm assuming MID?

The front one is a bit meatyer then the OEM so i'll guess the softer setting?

Also anyone in socal want to install sways PM me

- Eric

Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
http://www.allpar.com/fix/alignment.html

^ pretty helpful when making adjustments at home

right now i have no pull lol so IMO i think i did a pretty good job but my rear toe is wrong because my steering wheel is not 100% straight ._. so anyone that know how to measure toe at home please post =P lol i do not fully understand the DIY ._. or im doing it wrong/my adjustments are way too off

- Eric

Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck on finding the answer Eric cuz I'll be running into the same issue with my 20x12 ..

Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ yeah I'll let you know what I find..

its not really much of an issue is just that because of the size of 20"x12 you'll need ALOT more adjustments per degree then stock ._.

what coils are you running.. I'll let you know what I find out

350evo are def great arms tho these things are adjustable in every way shape and form and the welds & quality looks awsome (compaired to my friends RSX's arms lol)

as for the rear camber arms.. stillen arms are great too the adjustments on those are amazing.. if your going for negative camber (i think 325 series might be a little too much for ur kit as well, iono) I'd recomend adjusting the arms while they're off the car to the longest (most negative camber) setting and working your way down.. this way you'll know if you're riding on a few threads O.O

as for the TOE ._. someone help. SPC sounds like the way to go but i want to know if it'll be enough..

Old 06-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Toe bolts is the only thing you can do to get more adjustment. The other way to change toe is with "toe" arms which are really radius arms, which change toe and rear "caster" at the same time and is the incorrect method to do so. They also don't allow as much adjustment as the toe bolts, so that is your only option. Another thing you can do if you are willing to take the chance is to elongate the toe holes even further, and dremelling off the guides that hold the toe bolt in place so that you can slide the toe bolt further to allow for more adjustment. I don't know if anyone that has done it, and I have no idea how much structural integrity you will sacrifice by doing so. You are on your own on that one.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:47 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Eric, you can get quite a bit of adjustment with the SPC rear toe bolts. There's really nothing else you can use to adjust the toe unless you have true coilovers in the rear. The only ones that come to mind right now are Stance's. The basics still retain the rear spring cup for the spring and strut being seperate. A true coilover has the spring and strut together. If you had this then you could get the battle Z rear toe ARMS which are the same design as the Stillen rear camber kit you have but it fully replaces the factory spring cup (which is also for toe adjustment.) I'd say try out the SPC rear bolts (they're said to have a -/+2 degree adjustment. I have them on my car and they're plenty to get my toe right even when i'm slammed.
-GP-

Old 06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Cool thanks..

Can i use the Battel Z Rear Toe Arms with tein coils? i do not see why not if it replaces the spring cup

Old 06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
last question can i add SPC camber bolts to the stillen camber arms? yeah right

Old 06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
Cool thanks..

Can i use the Battel Z Rear Toe Arms with tein coils? i do not see why not if it replaces the spring cup
Your Tein Basics don't replace the spring bucket, which is why you can't use the toe arms, if you change to a "true" coilover setup, then you can do so.
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
last question can i add SPC camber bolts to the stillen camber arms? yeah right
Yes, you can add the eccentric bolts to the stillen arms for even more adjustability if you have run out of adjustment with the stock arms. They are adjusted the same way as the toe adjustment, so order 4 bolts total if you want to do so.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
thank you =) I'll let you guys know how this turns out.

- Eric