suspension noise help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My issue was related to loose top mount nut on my coilovers. Problem solved in one easy turn of the wrench.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erdog
My issue was related to loose top mount nut on my coilovers. Problem solved in one easy turn of the wrench.
i just installed the Stance coilover, Eibach swaybars, SPC rear camber. Now the passenger front and rear suspension start to rattle when i drive over a rough or uneven pavement at low speed. Same problem as yours....but how do you adjust the top mount nut of the rear suspension without taking it out?

Old 07-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
same question here. I've been having this problem in the rear passenger side. How do I access the top mount nut?

Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I've read every page of this thread and I have not heard anyone mention a squeaking sound coming from the front.

Whenever I go over rough roads (rough being old brick) I hear tons of squeaking each time my car compensates for a rough spot. My car has 64k miles on it, and to my knowledge has never had any sort of suspension work done on it.

Does this fall in line with the 'creaking' noise you guy have been hearing? Upon visual inspection I do not see much more than standard dry cracks on the bushings themselves.

Thanks in advance!

David

Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
So it looks like it's time for me to change my compression rods also.. Out of warranty

I found a much better deal on the parts on eBay. My mechanic did mention to me that i would need the compression rods as well as the 'cone'. Does anyone know what part he is referring to?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
having a feeling this is what is happening to my car.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
I have the same problem with a set of Tokico D specs/htechs combo I just bought from a member here. Long story short, after the install last week, I left his home with tons of suspension rattle from my rear driver side

as well as an annoying clanking sound from my front driver side. I couldn't believe how bad my car sounded and was very pissed.

Anyway, I ended up taking it to a shop near my home who managed to fix the rear rattle issue by replacing the suspension bolt & nut since it was stripped to all hell and prevented full travel of the nut. (resulting in unnecessary movement of the rear shock leading to unnecessary rattle from the point my rear strut mounts to the car)

ALSO, we discovered the shock mount hat for the driver side strut was not installed at all. After that was corrected on the driver side strut, the clank sound was reduced about 50%.

Its still there but muted somewhat. I think my front strut bolt may have the same problem as the rear one which was replaced.

My indication is that the stripped bolt is not allowing full contact between the torqued nut and the shock body itself causing unnecessary movement resulting in possible clunking.

I really hope this solves the problem bc I'm almost out $1000 this week for all this, the problem's still there and its really pissing me off.

I have 37K miles with perfect stock shocks which already had 350z revised springs perfectly mounted on them a year ago. I wanted a slightly softer yet better ride but now regret my decision to buy these shocks a week ago.

Hopefully everything gets resolved soon and I can get back to enjoying my car again

Last edited by tiguy99; 01-19-2010 at 02:52 AM.