Wheel spacer on OEM 19" w/ H-tech.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
DSI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheel spacer on OEM 19" w/ H-tech.....

Hello,

I recently lowered my 06 coupe w/ H-tech and have a couple questions.
It's been only a few days so far after the installation.
Looks perfect, lower than i thought, now is just right, perfect.

However, i know that the alignment is off now, but is it normal that i have to steer the car a bit to the left all the time to keep it going straight?

I'm also planning to add spacers. Should i add them on then do the alignment or add them on later? (Does spacers affect any alignment at all?) Reason why i ask is that I don't know whether should i do the alignment first then measure it how much room is there for me to add spacer, or just add it on frist and play around w/ the camber angle? (Don't want to roll the fender if i don't have to)

Also, i heard alot of ppl have problems w/ spacers, what exactly are they? i thought spacers are just a piece of solid metal added onto the wheel to make wheels stick out more...??

ok, i know i'm asking too much here... My last question is, does any one of you have done this kind of setup? Any pic's or spec? What kind of spacers do you use and how thick are they? I'm thinking of 15mm/20mm.

Let me know... Million thanks in advance.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
DSI
Does anyone have an idea of how thick the spacers should be using on my setup? Some told me 15/20mm and some said 20/25mm meanwhile some said it should be 15/25mm... i'm confused. Anything suggestion helps... thx in advance.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You can check-out what Rug-rat-couple did with some LMGT-4s here.

http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showt...hlight=spacers

Nice offset with "spacers" !
...hope this helps !!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
15/20 is the most common because it is slightly conservative, 20/20 should work, or 20/25, but that may rub in the rear depending on your camber settings. This is on stock tire sizes

Old 07-21-2007, 06:46 AM
DSI
Thanks for the inputs guys...
Icic... so 15/20mm... ok.

How bad will this hurt the wheel bearings??? alot of place i checked said it'll kill the bearings in about 1.5 or 2yrs....

For those who had used spacers, have u notice any problem w/ the bearings? Also, do you have to change the original studs to a shorter ones in order to fit the spacers (where the wheels will mount on the spacers' studs)???

Last edited by DSI; 07-27-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 AM
DSI
any suggestions/ideas?

Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
it won't cause anymore damage than if you were to run aggressive offsets with aftermarket rims. i'm running 20/25 and rolled the rear fenders just to be safe but i've had 0 rubbing issues so far. if you don't want to swap out studs get project kics spacers that have built in studs. if you don't mind getting longer studs to replace the stock ones you can go with h&r..but its a PITA. stick with the kics. get an alignment after the spacers are on just to be safe

edit: i'm dropped on tein basics

Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DSI
any suggestions/ideas?
I'm running a +12 front and a +13 rear offset. I'm not lowered on afterrmarket 20's
Been running this setup for 10 months and no problems.
My spacers have stud built on them so I didn't have to replace the originals. The spacers bolt onto the original studs and my wheels bolt onto the studs built on the spacers.
I've heard diff suggestions about extending the lugs if you're going above 15mm and some people say extend the studs if you're going above 10mm
If it were me, I would extend the studs if doing 15mm or above..thats just my opinion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.