front tire wear issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy front tire wear issues

my car has been dropped for 4 months and my front tires are "cupping" they are getting loud and need to be rotated, flipped on the rims. my car is dropped on buddy club coilovers about 3/4 all around. i had my car aligned, but apparently that wasnt good enough. has any one else had camber issues with tein H-tech 350z springs on a g35 in the front? i know they drop the car .8

i guess i am more asking what do i do now? could it be tire PSI? i think mine are a bit high from filling them up when it was colder out. should i look into getting front camber arms (is so what brand is good), go back to the alignment shop and see if they possibly messed something up. this is the 1st car i ever lowered and actually took to get aligned and i have the same if not worse tire wear.
here is a pic of the drop... i can take some pictures of the tires and post them later tonight or tomorrow.

my front tires look like the last picture

Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
CCT-we call down the rain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I have Teins all around. I was getting a tire howl at 18-20mph, so took in to the dealer. They checked and tightened everything piece underneath, bars, struts, etc., and it still did it. They told me my tires were cupped, so I had them aligh the wheels. I thought this might help but it did not.

After reviewing other threads on this forum, found out it is just the way the car is based on the camber settings. Others recommended; new tires and rotate often, I can not as I have directional and specific L & R, plus different sizes infront than back.

Basically the cost for owning this kind of car. Good luck.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Yeah, I have Teins all around. I was getting a tire howl at 18-20mph, so took in to the dealer. They checked and tightened everything piece underneath, bars, struts, etc., and it still did it. They told me my tires were cupped, so I had them aligh the wheels. I thought this might help but it did not.

After reviewing other threads on this forum, found out it is just the way the car is based on the camber settings. Others recommended; new tires and rotate often, I can not as I have directional and specific L & R, plus different sizes infront than back.

Basically the cost for owning this kind of car. Good luck.
ya i found the same thing in another thread. i got a new job shortly after i bought the car and i drive 30 min one way.. i have been thinking about getting a beater to drive to work, this just pushed me over the edge. it just sucks spending all this money on a nice car then not driving it every day

Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Set your front camber at NOMINAL [normal] not just inside the acceptable range................

Tires are manufactured to operate at no more than negative 0.7 degrees static.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I have the same problem, just replaced my T1r's with only 20k on the fronts because the noise was getting insane. The only way to solve this problem would be for Infiniti to have a recall(will never happen), or for someone to start a class action lawsuit.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
http://www.nissantireproblems.com/
try this also, not sure how good it is??

Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Join the club. If you own a Coupe you have front tire issues.